Bush sees non-military 'threat' from Chavez

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bush sees non-military 'threat' from Chavez

Postby yathrib » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:12 am

"'I view him as a threat of undermining democracy,' the president said during a trip here."<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060731/pl_afp/usvenezuelabushchavez_060731201103">news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2006...0731201103</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Yathrib says:<br><br>Words fail me once again.<br><br>Don't forget to buy your gas from Citgo. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=yathrib>yathrib</A> at: 7/31/06 10:13 pm<br></i>
yathrib

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Bush sees non-military 'threat' from Chavez

Postby yesferatu » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:35 am

Which is why Chavez HAS to seek alliances with Ahminidejad of Iran, which he just recently did. <br><br>I would do the same. <br><br>"I ain't goin' out like no punk." Understandable. Especially when it is The Punk coming to take you out. Who wants to be defeated by a Moron-punk like Bush? I think it is a matter of pride for Chavez at this point: You know you are such a better man than Bush, it must eat away to think the dumb little fuck can take you out, simply because he can sick his big friends in the MIC on you. Thus, you have to make as broad an alliance as possible. Perfectly understandable. He is well aware that were we not in Iraq, we would be infesting Caracas right now with the amerikan cancer of jack-booted "democracy".<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:42 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"Which is why Chavez HAS to seek alliances with Ahminidejad of Iran, which he just recently did."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Absolutely. In a world war against a fascist hegemon you had better be good at overlooking the faults of prospective allies. FDR and Stalin come to mind. And also the words of Winston Churchill: "If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."<br><br>Similar sentiment in Aleister Hewlett's song <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>New Age of the Fist</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->: "Defeat for a superpower, even at the hands of a dictator means breathing space for the rest of the human race." <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:31 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"We get oil from parts of the world where people don't necessarily like us and therefore the faster we can, you know, reduce our dependency on oil, the more secure the nation will be economically and from a national security perspective," said Bush.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Personally I think Chavez is a legend. WhoTF came up with the idea that Chavez is somehow a dictator?<br><br>Can we finish with that meme right now.<br><br>If an overwhelming amount of support from your population is a threat to democracy Dubya must be the most democratic leader on earth. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:34 am

Actually the term "non military threat" is a dead giveaway isn't it.<br><br>What has Chavez actually done?<br><br>Think about it. Non military threat to what? - and not necessarily in the context of "undermining democracy".<br><br>Worldwide nationalisation of everything. Now.<br><br>That'll fuck em. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby StarmanSkye » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:42 am

"'I view him as a threat of undermining democracy,' the president said during a trip here."<br><br><br>*****<br>That everyone who has at least what passes for a sixth-grade 'education' doesn't laugh-out-loud in the President's (sic) face on hearing this or other equally inane absurdities is a measure of how deeply corrupted the principle and practice of enlightened self-rule governance has become in these good ol' Unido Estates.<br><br>I have to laugh --or else I couldn't keep from crying. To think of all the valiant lives sacrificed in toil and struggle and strife <br>-- for this twisted, corrupted system that makes such a mockery of decency, justice and human rights, eschewing the dignity of life while proclaiming itself self-righteously aligned with the blessings of Godly purpose --<br><br>Again, I'm reminded of the cowardice and laziness and apathy of the American public who allowed and tolerated such an immense travesty of treason and betrayal to occur, reflected by the criminal bufoon and his cohorts who have seized power by every foul means and who now occupy the highest offices -- the culmination of a long inglorious history of ever-greater frauds and abuses and horrors that began almost as soon as this nation was forged by the flames and blood of its first revolution.<br><br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
StarmanSkye

Chavez

Postby yathrib » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:12 am

I grew up when left wingers were always lauding the third world messiah of the moment, and virtually all of them turned out to be tyrants or frauds. Even to my cynical eyes, CHavez seems darn close to the real deal, even if his social programs tend to operate on the Evita Peron "money keeps rolling in" model. <p></p><i></i>
yathrib

Re: Chavez

Postby sunny » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:23 am

I adore Chavez.<br><br>If it turns out he is a fraud, I will admit I was wrong, but I'll be crushed. But I truly do not think he is a fraud. After all, no one but the Bushies have claimed he is a dictator, his election was clean and fair, and millions hit the streets after the US engineered coup attempt because <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>they</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> believe he's the real deal, and that's good enough for me.<br><br>Buy your gas at Citgo!!! <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Chavez

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:52 am

Yeah i get the feeling he is ok (for a politician).<br><br>certainly the lesser evil when compared to bush.<br><br>And Chavez strikes me as very intelligent and thoughtful.<br><br>In that speech he gave in London he mentioned that the absence of car pooling he had noticed in the states and possibly the UK was a sign of incredible stupidity or selfishness...<br><br>He was aware of the consequences of global climate destruction and of a dependance on oil (including the consequences of the peak). But also aware of the need for energy sources and cash to enable the poverty striken majority on this planet to gain some economic power. And possibly a better standard of living.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:05 pm

At last! <p></p><i></i>
Seamus OBlimey

Return to Latin America