Chavez Says He Has White House Informant

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Chavez Says He Has White House Informant

Postby sunny » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:44 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/chavez-says-he-has-white-house/20061001235209990002?cid=2194">articles.news.aol.com/new...2?cid=2194</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Chavez Says He Has White House Informant<br>Venezuela Leader Alleges White House Plot to Kill Him<br>By CHRISTOPHER TOOTHAKER, AP<br><br>CARACAS, Venezuela (Oct. 1) - Venezuela President Hugo Chavez said Sunday he has received warnings from within the White House that the Bush administration is plotting to assassinate him or topple his left-leaning government.<br><br> <br> Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has often claimed the Bush administration is out to kill him - allegations that U.S. officials deny.<br><br>Citing what he said were warnings from an alleged White House informant, Chavez told thousands of supporters at a campaign rally that President Bush has ordered him to be killed before he leaves office in 2008.<br><br>Bush "has said that before he goes, Hugo Chavez shouldn't be the president of Venezuela," Chavez told the crowd. "The president of the United States has said it, especially in recent days. What he doesn't know is that I have friends in the White House."<br><br>The Venezuelan leader has claimed before that the U.S. government is out to kill him - allegations that U.S. officials deny.<br><br>The latest accusation came a day after he alleged that there had been a recent attempt to assassinate him and said those responsible had since fled to neighboring Colombia.<br><br>Chavez appeared to link the alleged plot to his main rival in upcoming presidential elections, Gov. Manuel Rosales of Zulia state, claiming that he is in constant danger from opponents seeking to get rid of him.<br><br>He said a sniper had waited with a long-range gun and planned to shoot him after he debarked a helicopter, he said. He did not elaborate further on the alleged plot.<br><br>Chavez vowed to win the Dec. 3 vote and continue governing this South American nation until 2021. "Fourteen more years, that's what's coming," Chavez said.<br><br>Venezuela's Constitution allows a president to be re-elected only once in immediate succession. If Chavez wins a second six-year term in December, he wouldn't be able to run again in 2012 - without a legal change.<br><br>Chavez has floated the possibility of changing Venezuela's constitution to allow indefinite re-election.<br><br><br>10/01/06 23:51 EDT<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Chavez Says He Has White House Informant

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:40 pm

CHRIST OPH ER TOOTH AKER?<br><br>If the Chav had a source in the white house would he be broadcasting it? He has his sources but they're not there.<br><br>Confusion to our enemies! <p></p><i></i>
Seamus OBlimey

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Chavez knows Cheney's entourage includes an ambulance

Postby Gouda » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:06 am

He's a smart cookie. I'd also bet that master assassination dodger Castro had just a little input into this counter-psyop strategy. The brilliant thing is that even if Chavez does not have a white house informer, you know the Bush administration / CIA / DIA etc do have this on the plate and that Bush does want it. They are left guessing: if there is someone that knows, could we pull it off without getting exposed? It would be hard to call Chavez' bluff these days, with Bush/Cheney purges creating so many enemies, leakers, leaks, etc. Chavez knows Cheney's entourage includes an ambulance. <br><br>Brilliant because, one, it generates just that much more paranoia in the white house and wider government, which greatly increases the chances of optimal fuckup, Nixon style or otherwise. Two, broadcasting it like that is a pre-emptive measure, alerting his allies to have their parapolitical tools at the ready, making it more difficult to carry out an assasination and more difficult to manage the diplomatic/PR damage if an assasination or coup did take place. He is raising awareness, building on the outing of the CIA in the 2002 attempted coup. Getting people to study US imperial history. <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby Gouda » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:34 am

Hope that's not Mike Ruppert posing as a white house deep throat. Someone please send Chavez' special assistant a link to the FTW website. <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby lvx93 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:39 am

Gouda wrote:He's a smart cookie. I'd also bet that master assassination dodger Castro had just a little input into this...

It is a good move. It increases confidence in a broader movement if he gets killed as well.
lvx93

Postby tsoldrin » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:13 pm

I'd think that if he really had a white house informant, he'd be broadcasting a whole bunch of juicy embarassing things about Bush that I am pretty certain have got to be going on there on a regular basis.
tsoldrin

Return to Latin America