Opus Dei reference on Sopranos

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Opus Dei reference on Sopranos

Postby tabasco1776 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:31 pm

Now that the Season 5 DVD box set of <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The Sopranos </em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br>is finally out, I'm catching up on all the episodes I missed.<br> I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Opus Dei <br>controversy was touched upon in an episode: <br><br>At New York mob boss Carmine's funeral, his <br>second-in-command Johnny Sack had placed an Opus Dei <br>medal on the rosary he held in the casket. This outraged <br>Carmine's son, and the two of them argued about the <br>appropriateness of it, while everyone else (including most <br>TV viewers at home, probably) wondered what the big deal <br>was about Opus Dei. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.odan.org/">www.odan.org/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>I also liked when Christopher happily told Ade not to worry <br>about the future, because "Bush is taking over the whole <br>world", or words to that effect. That's about the closest to <br>an acknowledgement of the New World Order you could <br>hope for from a mainstream TV show now that <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>X-Files</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br>is gone. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=tabasco1776>tabasco1776</A> at: 6/14/05 11:59 am<br></i>
tabasco1776

Blog: View Blog (0)

re: Sopranos modeling 'real' world ...

Postby Starman » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:14 pm

Interesting, ref. to Opus Dei with the complex NWO-organized crime dynasty mythos Sopranos tale.<br><br>I recall, I think it was Catherine Fitts, making a reference to another Sopranos episode re: the kind of real-world multi-billion-dollar asset-mining scam she discovered that had occurred within HUD agency with Fannie Mae and Sallie Mae accounts -- routine and systematic pillaging that reflected a massive wealth-redistribution racket that the CIA and organized-crime 'partners' conducted as part of the Black Budget funding system.<br><br>Sometimes, 'fiction' is the safest, even more direct way to communicate 'real' information that is politically explosive (which publishers won't touch as news or a controversial expose).<br><br>In the 'bigger' picture, how bizarre -- Commercials are legally required to be truthful, but 'news' doesn't have that condition imposed on it.<br><br>Stranger than fiction ...<br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
Starman

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Secret Societies