Secret Societies Primer

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Nah.

Postby professorpan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:02 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I do think, however, that many posters here have poor analytical skills, serious problems separating fantasy from reality, and are lacking in the most basic knowledge about history, politics, and about the world outside of the United States of America/Great Britain. And while there is a lot of healthy (and unhealthy) skepticism among those posters to any "official" or "mainstream" sources, there's little corresponding skepticism to anything "alternative". There's also little willingness to accept that much of the "alternative" stuff comes with an ideological baggage that's not always very nice.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Hear, hear. And when you criticize their arguments, those same people respond with personal attacks, insinutations of sinister agendas, or the like. <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Antiaristo, I don't care about you, I don't care about your personal crusade, I don't care about your sworn affidavits, and I don't care about the queen of England. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Ditto. This illustrates another problem -- some people post here and expect everyone to care about their pet issue or cause. When you don't agree, or when you don't care, that's equated with being complicit with their enemies.<br><br>It's not. We all have different priorities -- don't expect others' beliefs or concerns to resonate with your yours.<br><br>I'm not sure what to suggest, Jeff. You are within your rights, as the creator and the owner this forum, to set the boundaries of what you consider relevant for discussion. The problem is, there are always people who push against the boundaries intentionally or just out of ignorance.<br><br>The obvious choice is to forbid expressly personal attacks or any examples of the "disinfo agent" canard. Even that is tricky, as people are likely to dance around it. For instance, if I agree with Qutb that I don't care about antiaristo's crusade against British royalty, is that a personal attack on anti? He might think so -- I don't. I'm not maligning him, I'm just saying I don't care about his particular issues. <br><br>Sturgeon's Law applies to this forum, as well as everything else. I try to mine the 10% of useful and relevant stuff that makes this board worth slogging through. But it's becoming a more difficult experience, as the harsh and abrasive tends to drown out the thoughtful and coherent.<br><br>Good luck with whatever you do -- it's not an easy task. I appreciate the time and effort you put into maintaining this chaos.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: the world outside of the United States of America/Great

Postby nomo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:06 pm

Nope, only one of me, unless someone got a hold of my password.<br><br>When I say "pissing contest", I'm talking about a thread deteriorating into ad hominem insinuations -- even when done in a "courteous" manner.<br><br>And if you consider it "flaming" when I admit to being unimpressed with your theories about Jewish bankers and the Queen of England, I suggest you look up the meaning of that expression. It's still not anything personal. I take issue with the quality of the argument, not the person who makes it.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
nomo

Re: Nah.

Postby antiaristo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:09 pm

pan,<br>The right to disagree is the foundation of all debate.<br>But that is not what you did.<br>You insinuated MOTIVES.<br>In other words you expressly did NOT do what you are claiming here.<br>You tried to smear me as an anti semite, without quite saying so.<br><br>And if I might quote your good self.<br><br>THAT is the issue <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Postby antiaristo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:12 pm

Huh?<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Ah yes, H7, Anti. Way to go to conduct a constructive debate. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>It's the JEWS</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->! It's Prince Charles! And if you disagree, you're stifling the debate! <br><br>Really, I've wondered out loud before. If you already know all the answers, what are you still doing here?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Postby nomo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:29 pm

So, was it you who mentioned problems with a "Jewish banker" not so long ago, or <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>are there two of you?</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>Before you answer: I don't care. My quote above was about the simplicity of the arguments, not about the posters. And unless we can go back to debating the <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>issue</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> and not the people, I'm done with this thread.<br> <p></p><i></i>
nomo

Postby antiaristo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:39 pm

nomo,<br><br>Lord Clive Hollick = The Jews<br><br>That's your argument? Really?<br><br>I've called him Freemason a hundred times.<br>I called him Jewish banker once.<br>I've called him a criminal a hundred times.<br>I called him Jewish banker once.<br><br>And for that I am damned?<br>Is that your position?<br><br>And on that basis "It's the Jews" is the essence of my arguments?<br><br>There is no contradiction. Your attempt to turn my own words upon me fails on its own terms.<br><br>Whether or not you care. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Postby nomo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:53 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>And on that basis "It's the Jews" is the essence of my arguments?</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>It's the context. <p></p><i></i>
nomo

Re: Lies, Straight From The Pit....

Postby rocco322 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:25 am

Perectly stated Floyd. <p></p><i></i>
rocco322

Previous

Return to Secret Societies