William Wirt's Skull

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

William Wirt's Skull

Postby Col Quisp » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:24 pm

<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.seattlepressonline.com/features/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2383">www.seattlepressonline.co...php?t=2383</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>William Wirt, born November 8, 1772 at Blandensburg, Maryland was a prominent lawyer in the early days of the republic as well as a statesman and an author.<br>Wirt was the prosecutor in the conspiracy trial of Aaron Burr in 1807 and was United States Attorney General from 1817 to 1829.<br>He argued more than 170 cases before the U.S. Supreme Court.<br>In the year 1832 Wirt was the nominee of the Anti-Masonic Party for President of the United States.<br>His skull has been sitting on a shelf in the office of Washington, DC Council Member Jim Graham for some time.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.grahamwone.com/">www.grahamwone.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>He got it, he says, from a man who owns a book shop by the name of Allan Stypeck. Stypeck says he got it from Robert White, a cleaning supplies salesman that used to have a John F. Kennedy Museum in his basement which featured a paper cup the President once drank from. White died in October 2003.<br>In order to determine whether or not the skull really belonged to William Wirt forensic anthropologist Douglas Owlsey was called in. After overcoming a wave of bureaucratic red tape Owsley had the tomb opened.<br>He found vandalism had occurred.<br>The skull of Wirt, who reportedly died from a cold, now has a large hole in the side.<br>Also found in the crypt and not included on the list of bodies entombed there was the skeleton of a baby stuffed up behind the metal ladder leading down to the tomb. Mr. Owlsey believes the baby was a recent addition.<br>33rd Degree Masons are reputed to drink the blood of babies and eat them in a ritual.<br>Said Council Member Jim Graham, "I don't collect skulls. I'm not into body parts. I have no thumbs of saints, no locks of Napoleon's hair. . . . There are very few instances where I'm 100 percent innocent but this is one of them."<br>Okay, Jim, just one skull does not a wacko make, right?<br>Who is Jim Graham?<br>According to his web site he is an openly gay man who is an immigrant and naturalized citizen.<br>He introduced the Language Access Act which became law this year. The law is the first to specifically mention Amharic, the official language of Ethiopia and mandates that local government translate certain documents and provide oral language services to limited-English speaking individuals.<br>He also introduced legislation that would permit immigrant residents the right to vote in all local elections.<br>He recently traveled to Ethiopia for some strange reason as an official representative of the District of Columbia.<br>What is an openly gay Washington, DC councilman (nation of origin undefined) doing with the skull of a long-dead American statesman that fought against secret societies like the masons?<br>What is Jim Graham doing keeping a skull on a shelf in his office that was obviously stolen from a crypt that has been vandalized and contains the body of an unidentified infant which has been abandoned and probably defiled? <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Strange! <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: William Wirt's Skull

Postby Col Quisp » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:38 pm

and I just got this in an email:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>*KEMPTON, Pa. -- *An auctioneer has some unusual items to sell Saturday at the Kempton Community Recreation Center -- three skeletons in wooden coffins. The auctioneer said the skeletons are more than a century old and belonged to a defunct chapter of an international fraternal organization that used them in secret rituals. He said he promised the seller he wouldn't reveal the identity of the organization, but said the Pennsylvania chapter closed because too many members died. He said the organization bought the bones in the early 1900s from a catalog it used to purchase items for its rituals. Kempton is in Berks County, about 20 miles west of Allentown.<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br> Here is the website with the auction information:<br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.luv2bid.com/state/default.asp?id=14034">www.luv2bid.com/state/def...p?id=14034</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Oddfellows?

Postby Avalon » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:45 pm

Very likely the Oddfellows are the group not being named.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.taphophilia.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1605">www.taphophilia.com/modul...e&sid=1605</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Postby thoughtographer » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:47 pm

Amazing. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.<br><br>The subject of the Anti-Masonic Party is a fascinating bit of history, but I don't think people really fully understand the events leading up to, or resulting from it's formation.<br><br>edit<br>--<br>I wish I had known about that auction in Kempton before it happened -- so close. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thoughtographer>thoughtographer</A> at: 3/13/06 9:00 pm<br></i>
thoughtographer

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:15 am

Hmmmm, this makes me wonder if any Masons were involved in this, regarding Blackhawk:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rootsweb.com/~iavanbur/FactsAndFolklore/BlackHawk.htm">www.rootsweb.com/~iavanbu...ckHawk.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"....When he died, he was buried on the James Jordan farm in the northwest corner of Van Buren County at his request. In a sitting position, he was adorned with a battle uniform and all his medals (worth several thousand dollars.) Although his grave was guarded, Dr. James Turner of Lexington robbed the gravesite of Black Hawk’s head on July 3, 1839, which he claimed was for research purposes.<br><br>Sarah Welch witnessed Dr. Turner’s return early that morning with the head and says that the flesh was boiled off the skull that same afternoon. Dr. Turner and his family fled to the St. Louis area but kept in contact with the Welch family. Later in 1840, it is thought that Dr. Turner returned and stole the rest of the body. The skeletal remains under the care of Iowa’s governor were later found and placed in a museum, but the building unfortunately burned.<br><br>According to Sarah Welch, this assumption is not true. She says that members of the chief’s family in Iowaville probably reported that the rest of Black Hawk’s skeleton had been stolen in order to keep additional looters away from his gravesite. According to her, the skeleton that was later attached to Black Hawk’s skull could not have been that of the old chief, but was the skeleton of a shorter man. Black Hawk had stood five feet eleven inches tall, a man of considerable height in his day! Consequently his skeletal remains, (minus the head) might still be found in the Iowaville Cemetery at the gravesite that marks his burial place.<br><br>Gravesite Photo of Black Hawk"<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 3/13/06 9:16 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Return to Secret Societies