Did Skull and Bones Swipe Geronimo's Skull and Bones?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Did Skull and Bones Swipe Geronimo's Skull and Bones?

Postby Gouda » Tue May 09, 2006 12:40 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Yale alums snatched Geronimo's skull, letter says</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>HARTFORD, Connecticut (AP) -- A Yale University historian has uncovered a 1918 letter that seems to lend validity to the lore that Yale University's ultra-secret Skull and Bones society swiped the skull of American Indian leader Geronimo.<br><br>The letter, written by one member of Skull and Bones to another, purports that the skull and some of the Indian leader's remains were spirited from his burial plot in Fort Sill, Oklahoma, to a stone tomb in New Haven that serves as the club's headquarters.<br><br>According to Skull and Bones legend, members -- including President Bush's grandfather, Prescott Bush -- dug up Geronimo's grave when a group of Army volunteers from Yale were stationed at the fort during World War I. Geronimo died in 1909.<br><br>....<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/05/09/geronimo.bones.ap/index.html">edition.cnn.com/2006/US/0...index.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>More: <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/05/09/wbush09.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/05/09/ixnewsnew.html">www.telegraph.co.uk/news/...wsnew.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gouda@rigorousintuition>Gouda</A> at: 5/9/06 10:54 am<br></i>
Gouda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Did Skull and Bones Swipe Geronimo's Skull and Bones?

Postby professorpan » Tue May 09, 2006 1:43 pm

Fucking bags of shit. It's good to see some validation of this longstanding rumor, though, as repulsive as it is.<br><br>I hope a future fraternity digs up Prescott Bush's cursed Nazi-loving carcass and makes a way-cool bong out of his femur. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby thurnandtaxis » Tue May 09, 2006 2:11 pm

It staggers the mind.<br><br>Fundementalists will see this as confirmation of the allegations of necromancy and black sorcery.<br><br>Skeptics will veiw it merely as the ne plus ultra of elite college pranksterism expressing a particularly depraved contempt by<br>the priviliged class for the Other.<br><br>I happen to find it a "serendipitous" conflagration of the two<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thurnandtaxis>thurnandtaxis</A> at: 5/9/06 4:13 pm<br></i>
thurnandtaxis

Postby Ted the dog » Tue May 09, 2006 2:31 pm

"Alumni include Sen. John Kerry, President William Howard Taft, numerous members of Congress, media leaders, Wall Street financiers, the scions of wealthy families and agents in the CIA."<br>"...According to Skull and Bones legend, members -- including President Bush's grandfather, Prescott Bush...."<br><br><br>uh...you also forgot to include the CURRENT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES on the roster there, CNN.<br><br>Wouldn't this give probable cause to get a search warrant and raid that place? <br> <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

Postby Ted the dog » Tue May 09, 2006 2:33 pm

"I hope a future fraternity digs up Prescott Bush's cursed Nazi-loving carcass and makes a way-cool bong out of his femur. "<br><br>Actually, 100 years from now, ordinary folks will be reading CNN stories about the mysterious Skull and Bones Society kissing the alleged skull of Bin Laden.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

Postby thurnandtaxis » Tue May 09, 2006 6:06 pm

Here's a bit of info from a site on Tibetan Buddhism regarding the ritual usage of skulls:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.khandro.net/ritual_skull.htm">www.khandro.net/ritual_skull.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>For use in benevolent practice, a skull can be donated to a monastery by the family of one who has died. For other practices (Hindu, Beun and Buddhist): <br><br>The skull of a murder or execution victim is believed to possess the greatest tantric power; the skull of one who has died from a violent or accidental death, or from a virulent illness, possesses a medium magical power; the skull of a person who died peacefully in old age has virtually no occult power. The skull of a child who died during the onset of puberty also has great potency, as do the skulls of miscegenated [sic] or misbegotten child of unknown paternity, born from the forbidden union of castes, out of wedlock, from sexual misdemeanor, or particularly from incest. The 'misbegotten skull' of a seven or eight-year-old child born from an incestuous union is considered to possess the greatest power in certain tantric rituals. Here the vital force or potential of the skull's 'previous owner' is embodied within the bone as a spirit, rendering it as an effective power object for the performance of tantric rituals.<br><br>--that would explain a few things discussed around here, wouldn't it? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thurnandtaxis>thurnandtaxis</A> at: 5/9/06 9:20 pm<br></i>
thurnandtaxis

Postby anotherdrew » Tue May 09, 2006 7:13 pm

I've never understood why the tribe has not taken them to court, it's called the Graves and Repatriation Act, and they can sue skull and bones. Have a nice discovery phase, etc. <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

It would, of course, be wrong

Postby Avalon » Tue May 09, 2006 7:19 pm

Prescott Bush (who shares a May 15 birthday with L. Frank Baum) is buried at the Putnam Cemetery in Greenwich, CT.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nndb.com/people/501/000052345/">www.nndb.com/people/501/000052345/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Not that I'm suggesting that anyone should ritually roger Prescott's eyesockets in honor of his birthday...<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.indymedia.org/en/2006/01/830804.shtml">www.indymedia.org/en/2006...0804.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

lawsuit

Postby Mentalgongfu » Tue May 09, 2006 10:48 pm

I seem to recall seeing an item at courthousenews.com in which the tribe was suing Skull and Bones to recover Geronimo's skull. <br><br>Unforunately, the site does not archive its stories, at least for non-subscribers. <br><br>I'm not up for the research right now, but I'm relatively confident in my memory. <p></p><i></i>
Mentalgongfu

Re: lawsuit

Postby thurnandtaxis » Tue May 09, 2006 11:23 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.angelfire.com/az/GERONIMO/">www.angelfire.com/az/GERONIMO/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"AMERICANS for REPATRIATION of GERONIMO (A.R.G.) is seeking to return Geronimo to his native land. The Native Americans Grave Repatriation Act, (N.A.G.P.R.A.), signed into law in 1992 by President George Bush requires the return of Native American remains to Native Americans.. to date, Geronimo still lies at Fort Sill, U.S. Army Post, in the state of Oklahoma.<br><br>We seek disinterment and placement of Geronimo's complete remains in a coffin for carry on a horse-drawn military caisson [similar as for JFK's funeral] with U.S. Army Honor Guard to march from Fort Sill, Oklahoma all the way to Arizona (or today New Mexico/formerly Arizona territory) for fulfillment of Geronimo's Last Will [and N.A.G.P.R.A.] that Geronimo be returned to his Native Land [as is afforded to all P.O.W.s throughout the History of these United States]; at the last mile of the march, Geronimo's remains will be marched alongside by Apache tribal members to Geronimo's final resting place."<br><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thurnandtaxis>thurnandtaxis</A> at: 5/9/06 9:28 pm<br></i>
thurnandtaxis

Postby Gouda » Wed May 10, 2006 5:07 am

From the CNN link: <br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Harlyn Geronimo, the great grandson of Geronimo, said he has been looking for a lawyer to sue the U.S. Army, which runs Fort Sill. Discovery of the letter could help, he said.<br><br>"It's keeping it alive and now it makes me really want to confront the issue with my attorneys," said Geronimo, of Mescalero, New Mexico. "If we get the remains back... and find that, for instance, that bones are missing, you know who to blame."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> About evidence: <br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>But Mead was not at Fort Sill and researcher Marc Wortman, who found the letter last fall, said Monday he is skeptical the bones are actually those of the famed Indian fighter.<br><br>"What I think we could probably say is they removed some skull and bones and other materials from a grave at Fort Sill," he said. "Historically, it may be impossible to prove it's Geronimo's. They believe it's from Geronimo."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> Can one not get DNA from bones, or would such results, if possible, be too inconclusive? <br><br>********<br><br>From the NNDB link Avalon posted: <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>During his 1959 acceptance speech as the Alfalfa Club's presidential nominee, Sen. Prescott Bush quipped:<br><br> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em> I recall here the immortal words of Granville Rice, when he wrote:</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><br> The rules of life apply the same<br> To any sport you choose<br> It matters not how you play the game,<br> So long as you never lose.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>The defeat of Skull and Bones will not be pretty. One of these days, they're going to fuck with the wrong skull. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gouda@rigorousintuition>Gouda</A> at: 5/10/06 3:11 am<br></i>
Gouda

Postby Gouda » Wed May 10, 2006 5:27 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096412153">www.indiancountry.com/con...1096412153</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Congress petitioned for return of Geronimo's remains<br><br>****<br><br>Mohawk Sakaronhiotane Ricky Diabo signed with this message: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>''When you mess with the spirits you shall be punished by the spirits.''</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>View the petition and signatures online at www.petitiononline.com/Geronimo/petition.html. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Return to Secret Societies