New UK drug law guidelines: half kilo weed/4oz resin is ok

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

New UK drug law guidelines: half kilo weed/4oz resin is ok

Postby emad » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:35 pm

NO arrests for possession OR dealing are proposed for anyone found with 500gms of grass or 4 ounces of hash. These will be treated as being 'for personal use only' by the police.<br><br>The move follows new regulations introduced last year whereby cannabis was downgraded to a Class B drug and treated in the same way as tranquillisers or sleeping pills: ie. not arrest if the cops find your stash at home.<br><br><br>NOW:<br><br>London Evening Standard 1st December (newspaper edition): <br> By Ben Leapman and Lech Mintowt-Czyz<br>(not available on online edition of This is London)<br><br><br>SNIP:<br><br>....the Home Office set out plans for "thresholds" under which users could carry up to 17 ounces of herbal cannabis or four ounces of resin - enough for 2,500 spliffs - without facing arrest.<br><br>People with less than 7g of heroinn or craqck, or 10 ecstasy tablets, would also escape a dealing charge and face a lesser charge of possession.<br> <br>ENDSNIP.<br><br>And from yesterday's Telegraph:<br><br> <br> 500 cannabis joints is not trafficking, says Clarke<br>By John Steele, Crime Correspondent<br>(Filed: 01/12/2005)<br><br>Anyone caught carrying up to 500 cannabis joints is likely to escape trafficking charges under Home Office proposals published yesterday.<br><br>Charles Clarke, the Home Secretary, revealed plans to set a threshold for the first time on the amount of drugs an individual can claim is for their own personal use.<br><br>--------------------<br><br>Four ounces of cannabis resin would be enough to roll about 512 light joints or about 256 strong ones, according to figures produced by the drugs education charity Drug Scope. Its guide on cannabis said one sixteenth of an ounce - a usual weight offered by drug dealers - would be enough for eight light or four "quite strong" cannabis cigarettes.<br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/20...">www.telegraph.co.uk/news/...news/20...</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <br> <p></p><i></i>
emad

Blog: View Blog (0)

Brave New Britain is here

Postby scollon » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:39 am

Keeps the punters and the bad guys happy, may even start some drug tourism in Britain. Very clever move. <p></p><i></i>
scollon

Re: Brave New Britain is here

Postby FourthBase » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:03 am

Add London to my list of places to go. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Return to Justice