Breaking News

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Breaking News

Postby sunny » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:41 pm

Just heard on MSNBC- Justice Department to investigate leak of NSA spying program to the NYT.<br><br>What a surprise- "Justice" investigating the leak and not the actual criminal enterprise of spying on Americans without a warrant.<br><br>Wonder if the Times reporters who broke the story will be willing to go to jail to protect brave whistleblowers, as opposed to Judy Miller, who went to jail to protect venal criminals who damaged nat'l security for their own political advantage (and possibly to disrupt exposure of blackmarket nuke sales to terrorist states and or sneaking wmd into Iraq to bolster their claims for war)<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Reuters story:

Postby emad » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:01 pm

US probes leak of domestic eavesdropping program<br>Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:34 AM ET <br> Police protest forces closure of Gaza border <br> <br><br>WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department has launched an investigation to see who disclosed a secret NSA eavesdropping operation, department officials said on Friday.<br><br>"We are opening an investigation into the unauthorized disclosure of classified materials related to the NSA," one official said.<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=fundLaunches&storyID=2005-12-30T153354Z_01_EIC055795_RTRUKOC_0_US-SECURITY-EAVESDROPPING.xml">today.reuters.com/news/ne...OPPING.xml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
emad

Blog: View Blog (0)

on NPR right now

Postby nashvillebrook » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:03 pm

outrageous. but no better way to inspire more whistleblowers. i have my fingers crossed. <p></p><i></i>
nashvillebrook

Re: on NPR right now

Postby emad » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:06 pm

Bet that smell leads to Karl Rove's office....smug bastard looks like he's been enjoying himself a tad too much these hols.... <p></p><i></i>
emad

Timing is Always the Key

Postby antiaristo » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:24 am

This is a thought I've seen expressed elsewhere.<br>Why open this investigation NOW?<br><br>By their own admission the leak took place BEFORE the election in 2004, but Freemasons Sulzberger and Keller kept the story quiet for over a year. Until they found out it was coming out anyway.<br><br>We all know the trail goes cold over time. If you want to investigate you do so straight away. Unless the investigation serves some other purpose.... <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Timing ...

Postby StarmanSkye » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:54 pm

Oh Krikes ...<br><br>Justice is gonna investigate the LEAK about a massive abuse-of-gummint/executive authority, a huge crime that in now-common-manner trashes the Constitution in typical Neocon high-minded appeal for 'necessary measures' to keep us *safe* from bad stuff ...<br><br>I didn't know this leak was known pre-election -- Could the timing, NOW, be related to a designated target being set-up?<br><br>The plot sure is gettin' twisty.<br><br>So, who's gonna investigate Justice for not tackling the thorny issue of spying on Americans? What ELSE are 'they', the PTB doing, that we ALSO aren't being told about? (Well, in addition to what we can reasonably extropolate or know thru devious alternative networks)<br><br>Seems the neocon credibility sure has taken some body slams, but I wonder what it would take for the sheeple to finally wake-up and declare they ain't gonna take it any more?<br><br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
StarmanSkye

Return to Justice