Texas killed innnocent kid

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Texas killed innnocent kid

Postby professorpan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:44 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3474407.html">www.chron.com/disp/story....74407.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>It puzzles me how certain people attribute all sorts of murderous intent to the gummint, but think it's okay to give those same rulers the the state-sanctioned power to execute its citizens.<br><br>From the article:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Even on the last day of his life, Cantu held out hope that he would be saved some other way: alibi witnesses would come forward or the courts would accept a legal argument about his youth or about flaws in the eyewitness identification, his mother and his lawyer said.<br><br>``He would tell you: `I can't be executed because I'm innocent.' '' Garza said.<br><br>Before the end came on August 24, 1993, Garza said he sent his friend one final letter - a homemade goodbye card that said: ``I'll see you on the other side. I wish it would have been different.''<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Poor, black, and murdered by Texas. <br><br>Go Longhorns! <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Texas killed innnocent kid

Postby proldic » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:47 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It puzzles me how certain people attribute all sorts of murderous intent to the gummint<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>what the hell does that mean? <p></p><i></i>
proldic

Postby professorpan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:57 pm

"gummint" = government <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby proldic » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:03 pm

no, I get that part.<br><br>I was talking about your statement. <p></p><i></i>
proldic

Postby Dreams End » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:11 pm

a lot of "anti-government" conservatives are pro death penalty. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby Qutb » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:18 pm

Yes, that puzzles me to. The get-the-government-out-of-my-face, drown-the-government-in-the-bathtub conservatives are usually the ones who are the most pro-death penalty. There's a logical short-circuit there, somewhere. Taxation is theft, but it's okay for the government to kill people. <p></p><i></i>
Qutb

Postby TheFarm » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:10 pm

Taxation is <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>not</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> theft.<br><br>As long as it's someone else who's taxed, and those collected taxes go to military spending. <p></p><i></i>
TheFarm

Return to Justice