Serenity

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Serenity

Postby Project Willow » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:40 am

Hi all,<br>I've just discovered the Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel) series "Firefly" and then his follow up movie called "Serenity".<br><br>I had heard that the Angel series was centered on an escapee from a nefarious government program involving kids, but I've never watched it.<br><br>"Firefly" contains a subplot, which eventually becomes a main theme, about a brother who rescues his sister out of a government mind control program. The subject is handled predictably in the series. The details, like medical procedures are fictionalized for drama's sake, but the generalities are based loosely on what's available in published mc survivor accounts. The movie "Serenity" gets more specific however, and I was disturbed at the careful placement of a few very specific phrases, and the content of some of the mc character's memories. At one point I felt I knew which books he had read, and then wondered if he had a survivor as a consultant.<br><br>I'm just wondering if any of you had seen the series or movie, and if you had any thoughts about Hollywood's use of this material.<br><br>We've discussed the issue of pop media bleed being used to discredit people who eventually come forward: "They saw it in a movie and now they think it's real, etc."<br><br>What upsets me is that this guy is making science fiction, entertainment, making tons of money... since he had bothered to pay enough attention to the subject already, I wish he'd use that energy and money for more beneficial purposes. I guess it's all fiction to him anyway. <br><br>Happy holidays BTW. <p></p><i></i>
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

comment

Postby jenz » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:25 am

haven't seen this so praps this is inappropriate, but you make a general point, about ramifications of use for fictional purposes of ra/mind control, which is similar to the point I tried to make about my feelings about "Eyes Wide Shut"<br>survivors are crying out for validation of the reality of their experience. there are 2 ways of looking at the use of it as a fiction resource, either it will awaken an awareness of its existence, or it will firmly hammer home the point made time and time again by debunkers - that it IS ONLY fiction and fantasy.<br>Who dares tell it like it is? <p></p><i></i>
jenz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Serenity

Postby anotherdrew » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:38 pm

I've seen both the series and the movie. He's not making that much money off this franchise actually. The series was canceled by fox for no good reason and the movie had rather dismal box office figures. It'll all do ok in DVD sales for many years to come though. I don't feel like it's a bad thing, it all felt to me like just barely coded truth, too much so for it to do well in the "marketplace." <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

Re: Serenity

Postby Dreams End » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:14 pm

I saw Serenity, the film. Not only has the girl been programmed as an uber-assassin, the way she finally gets triggered in the film is through subliminal messages within an innocent looking commercial. Her brother knows the command to shut her off (literally, she'll fall asleep.) <br><br>By the way, PW, if you are following this thread, my wife is having another rough patch and I was curious if this phenomenon was familiar or unique to her. She's complaining of a "squiggling man" (that's the term a young part used) or a snake or worm that is "eating up her brain". It's been going on for about a day and a half and she's completely incapacitated right now. She was cutting on herself as well, and I found she has a group inside she calls the "goonies" who do nothing but laugh at her and mock her.<br><br>We aren't sure what triggered this latest setback. She found herself triggered by a gift her mom sent. It was a sweatshirt that said "Mom loves me best." This really set her off, but then she seemed okay for a bit (day or two) and then the 'squiggling man' started up. I'm not taking her to the hospital as I don't have to work this week so I can look after her. (plus, the psych hospitals here suck. The one listed as "addressing alters" (i.e. taking DID seriously and allowing alters to be present) had a nurse who specifically did not even allow her to refer to her alters. ) She's had episodes similar to this before (only once or twice a year, thankfully) but this is the first I've heard of the snake or squiggling man eating her brain. I don't know if you always note your inbox, so I'm posting here. Also, I think it may be of interest to other readers of this site, struggling with similar issues. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

conspiracy theory; the enemy of the people etc.

Postby ir » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:49 pm

havent watched any of them, will look for the DVD as soon as its available in israel. <br>I had the same ambivalence watching the not so good films that I mention above. its a cheep relief and replacement for true exposure. I am now unhappy about those films because I see them more as blocking truth, rather than raising awareness, proof - other films (there was a good one, actually with Michael Caine about a MC program, it was pretty reliable although of the old detective genre, regertfully cannot remember the name.) didn't change anything in our realities. I stopped watching TV/movies that are fiction, only documentaries.<br>and of course my child's movies (all the PIXAR? DIsney brainwashing stuff they sell kids now). <p></p><i></i>
ir

warms and snakes

Postby ir » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:01 pm

DE, that sounds pretty bad, i'd say my mother can best be conceptualized, in my imagery is a trojan horse eating up my syanpses and memory.<br><br>I have had a rough week too in terms of sleep/nightmares and asthma. Also, I had totally LOST MY VOICE, without actually having a throat infection. its the vocal chords. gone.<br><br>I have had too nightmares with similar "theme" this week. In the first one, a woman (she is real) is putting her finger on my neck, like Spock trying to incapacitate me. I am fighting back and I bite her toe as hard as I can. To my horror she does not respond at all, as if her body is bionic, I bite very hard and she does not even sigh. But then she leaves me for some other reason.<br>Last night, in my dream I was actualy asleep in my mother's house, she is asleep, something or someone is trying to attack me at night, again, trying to "put me to sleep", I but the toe (my mother's ? dont know for sure whose is it) and this time, again as appalling I am able to just bite it off the hand, it just stays in my mouth, but again its not a natural finger, cause it bites off easily, not like flesh and bones, and again nobody is screaming, it is like biting off a spookie limb. <br>--<br>At the background of it, my father departed, and my mother is "playing a game" with me now, excluding me from the rituals of mourning and also from legal issues regarding the estate. I have a worry that she wants to try and attack, perhaps send a social worker or psychiatrist to take me a way or my son or something, so that I don't assert my rights. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
ir

thoughts

Postby sw » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:55 pm

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Whedon's stuff is outstanding, period.

Postby nashvillebrook » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:08 pm

This is a complex and beautifully-acted series/movie. it's worth watching for the ensemble alone. Whedon is a master of creating characters that you want to invest in. <br><br>It's also worth the attention for the set. they actually built the ship in one piece to encourage a more natural interaction with the 'real' main character (the ship). it's a symbol of independence. gee, hope i didn't spoil anything. <br><br>you can barely swing a dead cat without hitting a secret governement child-stealing theme these days. Alias, anyone? it's a means to create a 'super' character who is super-innocent, super-powerful and super-compelling. jesus-on-a-stick; built-in conflict and political sub-plot. i wouldn't read too much into it.<br><br>it's a wonderful production and a shame it was cancelled b/c it's strength is in it's characters, who you need to spend time with to understand. They are all symbols for human folly and triumph. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
nashvillebrook

SW

Postby ir » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:27 pm

I am interested in the "group" alters, because one person I know who is a hard case of MC experiments keeps describing the scene in his "artifically produced" mind as a group, which attempts to reach an agreement over issues. sort of running a vote and convincing each other. he said its actually interesting but not when you have to live with it in YOUR MIND.<br>My somewhat associated experience, but not same, is of being resposible to settle ALL opinions on a matter.When I was very little and very tortured, at night I would feel compelled to take in the bed ALL the stuffed animals, as if it is my responsibility to love them ALL and mediate. I was not allowed to have only a one voice, that would be too selfish, under the MC "sainthood" conditioning. i think this is still present in the way I feel that I am not entitled to political opnions which might upset another "faction" of the whole.<br>I have to share too, my little shock at reading an old post at Jeff's blog, on "dr Green"and finding out there are witnesses who keep telling about "dislocation" of limbs. I have a dislocation of two shoulders, and I have a blackout on how it came about. I just recall that when I was 13, in a hospital, it was "discovered" and many doctors came to watch the "miracle" of how I can get my shoulder out of the place and back in, because it was a recurring dislocation. They said it was birth defect, but I don't recall having it before that time. Was bummed this week, but maybe its just a coincidence.<br>-<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
ir

another "lightning" reading sullivan

Postby ir » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:37 pm

I just started, carefully, reading Sullivan's interviews....and it is very powerful stuff, not easy to read. I was again "struck" by her description of how in fact "rival" groups, like rival intelligence, or religious groups, who ALL engage in MC, actually enjoy placing the subjects in positions of "double agents" of conflicting loyalties. Although they have some competition, they are all united over keeping the secrets of MC. She has a long part on that, in the MKZINE interviews, and I was very relieved/in pain, to read it, because I have had the same experience, but then it seemed unreasonable, but apparently this is what normally happens. Groups "snatch" victims from each other, but both keep the rules, sort of, of keeping the secret and the practice/trade secrets and not blowing the whistle, no matter how much the snatching was harmful. its a game.<br><br>--<br>I was sorry to read, though, that she is on medicatino constantly. <p></p><i></i>
ir

not sure what you mean by group?

Postby sw » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:05 pm

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

here's an old one

Postby anotherdrew » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:27 pm

Anyone over seen Joe90 ? It's very very odd.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Joe 90 is a 1968 Sylvia and Gerry Anderson television show concerning the adventures of a nine-year-old boy, Joe McClaine. A single season of thirty 25 minute episodes was completed, and it was the last show to be made exclusively using a form of puppetry called "Supermarionation". It was created by Gerry Anderson's Century 21 Productions for Lew Grade's ITC Entertainment company (Grade also owned part of Century 21), and was first broadcast on Grade's ATV.<br><br>Joe's adoptive father and computer expert, Professor Ian "Mac" McClaine, invented a large computer called BIGRAT (an acronym for Brain Impulse Galvanoscope Record And Transfer) that allowed skills to be copied from the minds of top experts in their fields to another person. Mac's friend, Sam Loover, a secret agent for the World Intelligence Network (WIN), persuaded Mac to let Joe use the machine to work for WIN. After the requisite skill was transferred, and provided Joe was wearing special spectacles containing hidden electrodes, he was able to fly jet airplanes, perform surgery, and so on.<br><br>Like Anderson's previous series, the show regularly features rescue operations, secret worldwide organizations, complicated gadgetry, terrorism, and threats to the entire world. Notably, it was the only one of his series to assume that the Cold War would continue into the 21st century. The show featured a distinctive theme tune composed by Barry Gray, who also composed music for other Anderson productions.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

SW

Postby ir » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:00 pm

Thanks for the expo. I wish I knew more about the specific projects (delta etc,.) to identify patterns. My education about those matters is in waves. I can take only so much at a time, and then I have a strong need to regress to a long denial, because of the pain. I suppose the sullivan reading will have a price tag. i know of several uses for me, like sexual uses, and courier. I think the killing parts are more psychic, as there were times I felt the "robotic" response to wish someone dead" in a more focused way than the usual rage people report. <br>At some point 15 years ago, one handler was supposed to train me in shooting range, pistol, but I think thats all i had to do with violence. I hope. He was an Israeli (locksmith in LA, I think it was the former most common cover at that time. befoer mall sales and art students) and he made me go to this shooting range in West LA, and practice on BLock ? glock ? something like that. I used to cry and do it. And in order to rationlize my consent, I had to invent weird motivations. this is the biggest mystery of living under those condtions.<br>How does one go on living after that ? I mean the more I know of myself, the more I know my entire life was not mine, and the memory the separate scenes of torture, humiliation, but mainly the haze and pain, haze and pain, just being tossed around the globe, but also tossed around in mind, from one "corner" to another, and all the time in the background, like a Greek chorus, the changing faces and sadistic people, playing with that toy, me. and there is always a part thatis concsious and it is sufferng the most.<br>I don't know how to contain my "life", it seems like the most rational thing to do is quit, but i know that's also a program. <br> <p></p><i></i>
ir

DE

Postby Project Willow » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:07 pm

I would expect that just about every survivor, whether ra/mc or just ra would be having a very hard time right now. This is the height of high season. It is also the winter break, which for mc kids meant going off to the labs rights after the rituals while school was still out.<br><br>I've been dealing with heavy issues myself, although my new little community has kept me busy with lots of parties.<br><br>I'm not surprised your wife was triggered by a gift from her mother. Even if her case just involves familial abuse that would be disturbing. The worm or squiggly man eating up her brain rings the programming bell for me. There are any number of programs involving destruction of the brain in any number of ways. I've been dealing with some myself lately, parts are "dead", parts of my brain have been excised, or numbed with targeted electro shock, etc, etc. It's a method of cutting off the memories, or parts who hold memories of either rituals, ops, or training sessions. I haven't heard of the specific one you mention, but it fits the general scenario.<br><br>I don't want to contradict sw here, as she has good advice, but I wouldn't encourage your wife to have these parts be out, or to use any form of outside or second party instruction directly on them. I think your main job is to constantly remind her of what year it is, that she is grown and now in control. If possible, see if you can have her access her helpers or above-it-all parts, have her do the work inside. Some things to listen for: are these "goonies" wearing masks? Are they real parts parroting what has been said to them, or are they recordings? Do they feel threatened if they don't put her down? The former could be a purely psychological result of intense shaming, or it could be programming. You should be able to find out eventually.<br>Hang in there DE! Strength to her most of all, she's not alone. <p></p><i></i>
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

good call, pw

Postby sw » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:22 pm

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Next

Return to Mind Control