The bioelectric torture lady in Akron

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The bioelectric torture lady in Akron

Postby yesferatu » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:42 am

<<Insanity, Defense<br>Mental Illness Or Secret Weapons? and How Do You Tell the Difference When the News Is Crazy?<br><br>By Dan Harkins <br><br>SOUND, MIND AND BODY LeBoeuf says thoughts are beamed into her head.<br><br>Suz LeBoeuf claims the voices in her head are speaking louder than ever these days, hammering away at odd times — in the shower, in bed or as she walks down the street — with gratuitous sexual banter or terrifying threats of violence. Sometimes it's just meaningless words; other times, the voices seem to deliver stark clues leading her down a path toward understanding.<br><br>She blames the government.<br><br>At an Akron coffee shop a short walk from her tiny attic apartment, the 51-year-old sits behind stacks of paper and tapes of homemade TV segments she's recorded for public access in Youngstown, Warren and Wadsworth. Most of it is based on research by "scientists" of what the military calls influence technology, stories by nonaffiliated "journalists" uncovering ghastly plots. Chemtrails. Acoustic weaponry. Directed energy weapons. Weather control.<br><br>Some of the material appears to be connected to legitimate sources, though — a fact that emboldens her quest to discover what if any of this is true. Nevertheless, her claims sound like the ramblings of a wackjob, and therein lies her greatest hurdle: the crazy factor.<br><br>"I need help. I want to find helpful remedies, to think of ways to stop this," she says in her helium voice loud enough to elicit a few muted guffaws from nearby customers. "Why would I risk sounding like a complete lunatic?"<br><br>LeBoeuf is a seemingly educated woman with a checkered past. She's got a bachelor's degree in journalism from Sacramento State and an online master's degree in clinical psychology from National University. Currently, she's working toward an online Ph.D.<br><br>Since she arrived in Akron a year and a half ago after a short spell on the road, she's enrolled in master's classes at Akron University, using her loans to pay rent and utilities, and to purchase computer and video equipment for her show. She says it's not cost-effective to get a job because every time she does, the government takes most of her pay for back child support owed to her 18-year-old daughter in California, whom she hasn't seen in years. She doesn't want to get into all that. It's depressing. She says she hasn't seen a shrink in years but insists she's not crazy.<br><br>Back at her cluttered apartment, what she calls "the home studio of a torture victim," she brings up her Web site, electrowell.com, with links to her psychedelic-tinged TV segments. In one, she claims that the machinations of unseen technology (Acoustic sound projectors? Electromagnetic beams!) are yanking at her head with great force. She says she first started realizing that something other than nuttiness was involved when she heard the word "electromagnetic" broadcast across her neurons. That's when she hit the Internet and found gaggles of the similarly mind-warped.<br><br>"That's when I knew something was going on," she says. "It's like somebody got a hold of the acoustic equipment and was trying to help me. But nobody believes me. They refuse to believe the government would turn this technology on its own people, even though it's all over the news that they're logging everyone's phone calls. Nobody wants to do anything. It's totally cruel, totally heartbreaking."<br><br>Though behavioral experts say the most ubiquitous manifestation of paranoid schizophrenia is hearing commanding voices from a seemingly external source, many also admit the government has gone down this road before, using humans as guinea pigs for research into things as disparate as mind-control (known as MKULTRA per open records) and syphillis (Tuskegee Airmen).<br><br>Surely, having as pawns a legion of nutcases would make for the perfect cover. Or the perfect Tom Clancy novel, blending just the right amount of fiction and fact.<br><br>LeBeouf thought she had a sympathizer in U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich. Just after the terrorist attacks of 2001, he sponsored the Space Preservation Act (HR2977), which aimed to ban exotic weaponry like "chemtrails," "particle beams," "electromagnetic radiation," "plasmas," "extremely low frequency or ultra low frequency energy (psychotronics)," "radiation" or "mind-control technologies." The legislation went nowhere, and three months later, Kucinich resubmitted it as HR3616 with all the mentions of those weapons vaporized. Of course, the legislation still has gone nowhere, but Kucinich's deletions resonated with the conspiracy-minded.<br><br>At an Akron rally a few months ago with peace activist Cindy Sheehan, LeBeouf says she approached the congressman. "I said, 'I'm the bioelectric torture lady in Akron and I sent you that video,'" LeBeouf recalls. "He just sort of turned away, kind of like he definitely didn't want to be around me."<br><br>Kucinich spokesman Doug Gordon says the language changed with Kucinich's understanding.<br><br>"Since the bill was introduced, we've seen more evidence that the Air Force is seeking to weaponize space and the Congressman is strongly opposed to this," Gordon says. Referring to the exotic weaponry, he adds, "We have no current proof of such technology being used."<br><br>No current proof? Was there proof that can no longer be discussed? "I'm just going to leave it at that," Gordon answers. A request to discuss the legislation with Kucinich was ignored.<br><br>Green Party-endorsed gubernatorial candidate Bob Fitrakis, a Columbus lawyer, journalist, political science professor and author, believes much of what the government is up to is deep undercover. He points to the military's Joint Vision for 2020 program which describes preparation for aggressive war and total dominance of air, land, sea, space and information.<br><br>"There's a lot of unstable people out there, but it's also to the government's advantage if they can get enough unstable people, so when they legitimately get caught doing this stuff you have a cover," he says.<br><br>Nich Begich is focusing not on the victims but the alleged perpetrators. Begich is executive director of the Lay Institute for Technology, founded by the heiress to the Lay potato chip fortune to ferret out the truth behind government secrecy. He compiles evidence from patents, mainstream media articles and government disclosures.<br><br>His sources appear legit. Trade journal Defense News, as well as Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report, have reported on emerging technologies like directed energy and acoustic weaponry. Generals have gathered for conferences on directed-energy weaponry and other exotic technologies. Patents have been awarded for sound-throwing devices and microwave conductors that allegedly can alter states of being.<br><br>Begich says sound-transfer equipment is already developed. In the late '90s, he showed the European Parliament how it's done. He also presented his case about weather manipulation technology as well as non-lethal microwave and electromagnetic weapons, which he says could be developed to cause not just burning sensations in targets but also lethargy or even death. In 1999, the parliament passed a resolution calling for an international ban on weapons that would enable the manipulation of the human brain.<br><br>"Our intention is to look for ways to address problems with advancing technologies at least through disclosure and education," he says. "A lot of this knowledge holds keys to human physiology. We could develop that technology, for instance, for the deaf [or] in other ways much more productive than what it's being used for now. But to do it safely and responsibly, you have to open the door."<br><br>The military takes the what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about stance.<br><br>Defense Department spokeswoman Eileen Lainez goes right for the jugular: "We get calls from people saying they know who killed J.F.K., too. It sounds like that movie … what was it? With Julia Roberts and Mel Gibson. That was really good."<br><br>In a statement, Lainez is less antagonistic: "We cannot speak for the Department of Homeland Security. The DoD Defense Research & Engineering office knows of no technologies currently in use or planned by the Department of Defense to read or control people's minds."<br><br>Marines Capt. Jay Delarosa at the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate, which tests emerging technologies, claims he's never heard of most of these exotic weapons either. "Sounds very odd, like they've been watching too much SciFi Channel," he says.<br><br>He acknowledges the development of long-range acoustic devices, which can direct sound to deafen the enemy or mimic bombings to disorient. Radiowave technology, he says, is still far from battlefield ready, though.<br><br>"Laboratory curiosities," is how John Pike, former director of the Space Policy Project for the Federation of American Scientists, characterizes much of the technology in question. People like LeBeouf, he says, are trying like everyone to make sense of the world, and with an undercurrent of distrust in government and legitimate reports on some emerging technology, it isn't hard to drift into a nightmare: "This administration is of the view that no one is above suspicion and that everyone is potentially a suspect. It's very Orwellian. I call it America 2.0."<br><br>Still, Pike adds, "You have to wonder, before all this technology came along, how did people explain it, the voices in their heads?"<br><br>LeBeouf has heard it before. She'll be at a Washington D.C. rally on June 16 and 17 with like-minded Americans who believe the government is up to no good. Call her crazy. A long-used, conspiracy-buff mantra rolls off her tongue: "Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after us.">><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.freetimes.com/story/289">www.freetimes.com/story/289</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>If she starts hearing Fleetwood Mac, Matchbox 20, and Kristofferson songs in her head, then I will give her the benefit of the doubt!<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm10.showMessage?topicID=4776.topic">p216.ezboard.com/frigorou...4776.topic</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Return to Mind Control