Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Pope Pius XII

Postby mother » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:07 pm

Pope PiusXII was not Hitler's pope. Cornwell is a prop. <p></p><i></i>
mother

Blog: View Blog (0)

Virtually all the great WWII historians would disagree with

Postby emad » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:55 pm

you on that one, mother. Check this link to some of the reviews of the book, wich is certainly worth reading:<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://emperors-clothes.com/vatican/hitlers.htm">emperors-clothes.com/vatican/hitlers.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Acclaimed historian and author Professor David Cesarini - who wrote the seminal biography of Eichmann - goes into extensive detail about the deep personal relationship between Pius XII, the Polish Fascist party, Oswald Moseley (UK traitor and leader of the British Union of Fascists), Stalin and Vatican slush funds that bankrolled the Nazis before and during WWII. Also the continuation of thos slush funds which financed the cover-ups that enabled many fugitive Nazis to live undetected in South America - some to this very day.<br><br>The forthcoming tax fraud/passport fraud of General Augusto Pinochet should be something of an eyeopener. <p></p><i></i>
emad

depends on whom you call great historians, emad

Postby mother » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:26 pm

I'm afraid I still disagree with the emperor's new clothes piece you offered. It reads like typical masonic anti-Catholicism, very persuasive if you hate the papacy, as the masons most certainly do. Are your scholars fluent in Latin as Pius XII most certainly was? Why no mention of how he opened the seals of the convent to offer sanctuary to Roman Jews, and maybe some accurate job description for the Holy See, so that the expectations of Cornwall would be revealed as unrealistic as they actually are. <p></p><i></i>
mother

Re: depends on whom you call great historians, emad

Postby marykmusic » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:40 am

To me, John Toland was a great WWII historian. His <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">Day of Infamy</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> was a stunning expose of how Roosevelt, the Dulles brothers, and a few of the General Staff virtually created the attack on Pearl Harbor. But it didn't make anyone change the textbooks, much less general public opinion. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Mother:apologia for Catholic/Nazi crimes by rubbishing

Postby emad » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:00 pm

John Cornwell and Prof David Cesarini? These two eminent writers are probably the most erudite academician historians ever to write on the subject of Hitler, the Nazis and Pope Pius XII.<br><br>Cornwell's biography:<br><br>John Cornwell, the British journalist, science historian, religious affairs commentator and devoted Roman Catholic who once studied for the priesthood, is perhaps best-known for Hitler's Pope (1999), a biography of Eugenio Pacelli, who became Pope Pius XII in 1939. The book, which presents evidence that Pacelli collaborated extensively with the Nazis, spent five weeks on the New York Times hardcover bestseller list and created a storm of controversy, both within and outside the Catholic world.<br><br><br>Cornwell's newest book, Hitler's Scientists (October 2003) is a penetrating study of the inhumane applications of science in 10th century Germany, both before and during the Nazi regime. Cornwell exposes the degree to which Nazi ideology and practice came to pervade all aspects of Germany's scientific culture, despite Hitler's profound ignorance of scientific principles. <br><br>In researching Hitler's Pope (1999), Cornwell set out originally to write an exoneration of Pius XII, a Pope long accused of not doing enough to oppose the rise of totalitarian governments and the destruction of European Jewry. Cornwell soon became convinced, however, of Eugenio Paella's personal sympathy for Hitler, his admiration of fascist ideologies, and his deep antipathy toward the Jews. Indeed, Cornwell argues that Pacelli, in his capacity as the Vatican's Secretary of State, and as Papal Nuncio in both Munich and Berlin, contributed directly to Hitler's rise to power. Cornwell based his book on materials from heretofore restricted Vatician and Jesuit archives, to which he was granted exclusive access. <br><br>". . .the first serious and complete biography of Eugenio Pacelli, Pius XII. . ." - Atlantic Monthy<br><br><br>"By combining the painstaking research of other scholars with his own new documentation. . .Cornwell makes a case in Hitler's Pope that is very difficult to refute." - New York Times <br><br>Cornwell is also the author of Breaking Faith: The Pope, the People, and the Fate of Catholicism (2001). The book serves a two-fold purpose. Cornwell presents an analysis, from a liberal Catholic perspective, of the Church's troubled present and uncertain future. At the same time, he explores his own personal relationship with Catholicism, from his youthful aspirations to the priesthood, to his seminary days, to his break with the Church and, finally to his passionate return to Catholic spirituality in middle age. The book addresses some of the leading Catholic debate of recent decades, including the subjects of sexual morality, the power of the laity, and the role of women. <br><br>Cornwell's other recent books include The Power to Harm: Mind, Medicine, and Murder on Trial (1996), an account of a murder-sucide rampage in Louisville, Kentucky and the possible role played by the drug Prozac in the incident; Nature's Imagination: The Frontiers of Scientific Vision (editor, 1995), a collection of essays by leading thinkers on some of the grandest questions posed by science; and Powers of Darkness, Powers of Light: Travels in Search of the Miraculous and Demonic (1991), a journalistic account of exorcisms, faith healings and apparitions of the Virgin Mary among the Catholic faithful. <br><br>A leading authority on the History and Philosophy of Science, John Cornwell serves as director of the Science and Human Dimension Project at Jesus College, Cambridge University in Cambridge, England. He also writes on scientific, ethical and religious issues for the Sunday Times (London), and for Catholic and religious affairs publications around the world. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.albany.edu/writers-inst/cornwell_john.html">www.albany.edu/writers-in..._john.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Professor David Cesarini:<br>Professor David Cesarani is Professor of 20th century Jewish history and culture at Southampton University. He is director of the AHRB Parkes Centre for the Study of Jewish/non-Jewish Relations, and a member of the Home Office Holocaust Memorial Day Strategic Group. <br><br>Professor David Cesarani, Parkes-Wiener Professor of Twentieth Century Jewish History and Culture, Department of History, University of Southampton (tel: 023 8059 2261).<br>Kim d'Arcy, External Relations, University of Southampton (tel: 023 8059 5420 e-mail kimda@soton.ac.uk).<br><br><br>David Cesarani: The making of a defiant moderate :<br>See:<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://education.guardian.co.uk/egweekly/story/0,5500,1324593,00.html">education.guardian.co.uk/...93,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=emad@rigorousintuition>emad</A> at: 11/30/05 10:07 am<br></i>
emad

Mother:our perspectives on counter-intelligence propaganda

Postby emad » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:06 pm

are diametrically opposed. Day of Infamy is a humbug polemic IMO. ANYONE that says that "Roosevelt, the Dulles brothers, and a few of the General Staff virtually created the attack on Pearl Harbor" has swallowed some very nasty spin hook, line and sinker.<br><br>And putting John Toland in the same bracket as Cornwell or Cesarini is laughable. <p></p><i></i>
emad

Re: Mother:our perspectives on counter-intelligence propagan

Postby marykmusic » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:18 am

If I have swallowed some hook, line, and sinker, point me to the nearest hook remover, please. <br><br>Toland is the best I've read on that particular subject, and I'll never stop blaming FDR for screwing up the country. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Re: Mother:our perspectives on counter-intelligence propagan

Postby dragon feathers Jack » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:30 pm

this is all the same thing again - the nazis originally are also an extension of what the same thing Dee and Kelley were doing -<br><br>there's a problem separating heaven-and-earth - call it a revolving sword or a sword in a stone if you want to, the Book of Enoch was one of the Bible (NT thesedays) books that didn't make it to the approved King James edition - still in use today. King James came after Elizabeth I.<br><br>so its all very much about Who Gets America.<br><br>see - Enochian refers to an actual real language, one that works - you speak it and it commands things to happen, its a creative language. <br>the Tower of Babel / Babylon is about how everyone here used to speak the same language, and that was messed up - so that they could not communicate properly with one another.<br>Dan Winters old site had some info. on it about a Cherokee alphabet that seems to have inspired the English language - <br><br>if you go into Rennes les Chateau info. then you maybe will find La Vrai Language Celtic,<br>there's Latin of course - from the Roman Empire<br><br>but English - Marlowe and Shakespeare ( Francis Bacon? ) were Elizabethan era contemporaries to Dee and Kelley, the metaphysical poets like Donne were all that era too - English almost appeared readymade.<br><br><br><br>getting back to the nazis again - the SS wasn't just based on the Jesuits, also the Teutonics, or a more Eastern and Northen branch of the Knights Templar. <br>they did not get involved in the problems in France that rendered those Templars declared heretics and separated from the Roman Church - publicly at least.<br><br>where did Dee and Kelley go to in Europe? - Bohemia!<br><br>what did Tesla have sorted out on Long Island before there were any world wars? - a working global communications system.<br><br>what were the Templars (smugglers in times of prohibition too) part of - all the back to the last 'golden age' civilisations? - a global trading network.<br><br><br>now, i don't know about anyone else, but i'm not going to just accept that the last 100-at-most years of prohibition and the related wipeouts of truths prior to all that, should be ignored in favor of accepting some recent post-prohibition-info on who the bad guys are.<br><br>even annunaki-rule doesn't force us to do un-natural things to the planet and pretend its wrong to get merry.<br><br><br>this is our current situation right here, by example :<br><br>2001 : A Space Odyssey didn't work because - they never listened to Viktor Schauberger back in Austria before ww2, so by the time that film was released, the Danube wasn't blue anymore, it was brown, cause of all the erosion to its banks.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
dragon feathers Jack

Previous

Return to Fascism