Holocaust denier Irving getting fan mail in jail

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Holocaust denier Irving getting fan mail in jail

Postby emad » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:07 pm

<br><br>Associated Press in Vienna<br>Saturday January 28, 2006<br>The Guardian <br><br><br>Rightwing British historian David Irving, who has been jailed in Austria ahead of his trial next month on charges of denying the Holocaust, has been getting 200 to 300 items of fan mail a week, his lawyer said yesterday.<br><br>A Vienna court ruled again yesterday that Irving, 67, must remain in jail at least until his trial starts on February 20, rejecting an offer from the defence attorney, Elmar Kresbach, to post $24,500 (£13,780) bail.<br><br>Irving has begun writing his memoirs and was receiving fan mail from Australia, Canada, China, New Zealand and many European countries, Mr Kresbach said.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/secondworldwar/story/0,,1696896,00.html">www.guardian.co.uk/second...96,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>DAMMIT! NO e-mail address given for Irving in the slammer. WHAT a pity, I'd LOVE to send him a few missives myself, maybe some pics too....<br> <p></p><i></i>
emad

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Fascism