website of Nazi teen killed by Arkansas police

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Article that upset Jake

Postby BajaSur » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:28 pm

Here is the article that Jake commented on to his freind "pull the trigger":<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_011133721.html">cbs4boston.com/topstories...33721.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Web Site Helps Police Track Down Stoughton Vandals<br><br>(CBS4) STOUGHTON Stoughton police say they used the popular teenage website, myspace.com, to help solve a widespread vandalism spree. Three teenagers are currently under arrest and facing charges in the spree which cost an estimated $75,000 in damages.<br><br>18-year-old Charles Diggs has been charged with 28 counts of tagging property and 11 counts of malicious damage of more than $250; Eric Tankerly, 17, has been charged with 17 counts of tagging and 11 counts of malicious damage of more than $250; and Raymond Lacasse, 18, has been charged with 14 counts of tagging.<br><br>Investigators found the suspects after searching myspace.com, a web site where users often post personal information and photographs. The suspects' names were not listed on the site but the officers were able to track them down by their tagging signs and by investigating a group called "Graffiti Artists."<br><br>Police say two of the suspects have been forthcoming with information and have contacted some of the victims to arrange for restitution.<br>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>On jan 31 he sent this link to "pull the trigger" with some comments about the police invading myspace.What I have seen about myspace is that its a very important part of these kids lives.The realization that police could use it to catch taggers must have been a shock to Jake. His place to socialize with freinds had been invaded in his eyes.<br>Its my opinion that this played a huge role in this tragedy. <p></p><i></i>
BajaSur

Blog: View Blog (0)

Just sayin', is all.

Postby TroubleFunk » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:14 pm

I don't presume to know his state of mind. What I DO know is a lot about this music and this particular subculture. Seeing a list of bands on a myspace site is tantamount to absolutely nothing. There's no indication anywhere therein that this kid was an in-depth fan of any of those bands listed, and, in fact (on another topic altogether), there's no indication that he was even familiar with the precepts of Nazi ideology. Not even the basics. <br><br>I don't mean to argue or piss anyone off, but I think this site is indicative of nothing but a stupid, off-kilter teenager. It's like so many other myspace sites as to be nearly generic. <p></p><i></i>
TroubleFunk

website ramblings

Postby robertdreed » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:33 pm

Exactly, TF. It's exactly the sort of indications of run-of-the-mill emotional disturbance that one would expect to find in the aftermath of a violent outburst like that. <br><br>Bad craziness tends to run in the same ruts, often delineated by a more general unhealthiness in a culture. The earmarks often tend to give the appearance of conspiratorial organization, but in the usual case, it's simply someone attaching themselves to weird symbolic matrices as a way of channeling their pre-existing alienation and instability.<br><br>I like your tag Trouble Funk, by the way. I'm a fan of that band. The bass player has the same first & last name as myself... <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Robert Reed (& Big Tony)

Postby TroubleFunk » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:33 pm

Hi Robert! Yes, you are correct. I was in a band that played w/them a couple times. Those were heady days for a longhaired white guy (we used to play the Ibex in DC when it was still operating)! I saw TF sooo many times, they had it in them to go on & on.<br><br>I don't know what happened to them, just sorta petered out, though they did appear at 9:30 Club in DC a couple times 2 years ago - seemed a little impromptu, but man, they could still hit that beat.<br><br>Nice to meet you! <p></p><i></i>
TroubleFunk

Re: Death Metal, WTF?

Postby OnoI812 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:41 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>A mistake is being made here, especially by Ono<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Uhm...don't think so<br><br>exhibit A<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I have to pop in here and say there's no "Death Metal" content on his site at all<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>WTF???? what exactly are you callin me?<br><br>From the website which you claim no death metal exist-<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>okay im all about the metal what ever type, death, grind, heavy, thrash w/e my favorite bands include Angry Aryans.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Trouble don't know how old you are , but let me tell you, I was a Teenager in the 80's and I know all about Metal. I still like much of it , I still like Black Sabbath.I drank a bottle of wine in the Keystone parking lot with Mick , Tommy and Vince before they were famous when they were scouting their next gig. I knew about Metallica before they hit , and have been backstage as one of my friends is close friends of theirs. Many of my friends had their own metal bands. I was always more into punk, reggae because it has more of a firm message fighting against the real power on this dirtball we call earth.<br><br><br><br>Trouble you really need to look up some of Emory's research, or better yet research it yourself. On how the 4th Reich has it's fingers interweaved and controls much of the publishing and promotion of the media in these United states and in fact on a global basis, before you pass judgment.<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=onoi812>OnoI812</A> at: 2/6/06 7:58 pm<br></i>
OnoI812

geez...

Postby TroubleFunk » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:42 am

Crimony! I'm 48 years old. I'm not playing some "credential" card here, and I don't want to fight with you. I'm not calling you anything...namedropper, maybe. I don't think Motley Crue had any content AT ALL and wouldn't be proud to have met or known them. Lame sex, drugs & drinking...it's no wonder people are embarassed by 80s metal.<br><br>"okay im all about the metal what ever type, death, grind, heavy, thrash w/e my favorite bands include Angry Aryans"<br><br>Give me a break. I could look at one page of PIT magazine and put the same garbage on my site. I franky don't believe he was really INTO it. He was trying to make friends: desperately, it would seem. He just wanted to be a joiner...bad move.<br><br>I don't know what the Hell "Angry Aryans" are, OK? The metal Skrewdriver? I've never met anyone who would even claim to like a band dumb enough to call themselves that. The metal I like, and like NOW (and I like all kinds of music) is fairly socially conscious and politically aware (if a little naive...sometimes). I was always more into punk too but it's mutated into this incredible stuff, mindblowingly complex and layered.<br><br>Though I'm fond of it too, Reggae is as much about thrall to religion, the acceptance of poverty as salvation unto itself, and the reduction of woman to housewife as it is about "fighting against the real power".<br><br>Sanctimony doesn't play with me. I do my own thinking, and I've been involved with subculture music for 30 years as both performer and fan. I'm well aware that the ruling elites have their tentacles wrapped around the media (tell it to Loretta Lynn), but I'm also aware that there's always an undercurrent angrily fighting them. I side with what I believe in, and I had to do it here. The kid was stupid and alone, is all I was saying, and to attempt to blame it on music just seemed to be mislaying the blame, a cheap shot at an easy target.<br><br>Anyway, g'night! <p></p><i></i>
TroubleFunk

Re: geez...

Postby OnoI812 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:05 am

You imply I'm a liar<br><br>but then change it up to namedropper when I prove the assertion in my first post. nice<br><br>you claim it has nothing to do with the music or Nazism..<br>My reply is we really don't have much more to go on than his website, Now do we.<br><br>and... since his whole page is just about all references to music and Nazism, even so much as to bring it into the lingo and key phrasing he uses to communicate.<br>I say it's not much of a leap to assume that the concepts he relates with and occupy his thoughts have something to do with the music.<br><br>you say he was just out to make friends and be a joiner.<br>Well, I guess that would depend on which side of his gun barrel or hatchet you were facing...<br><br>But my real belief...as I stated in my first post, is that I feel anti-depressants have played a part in this tragedy, can't prove it of course, but we'll just see what comes out in further reports...and I believe those have more affect than any music. <p></p><i></i>
OnoI812

well,

Postby TroubleFunk » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:23 am

"You imply I'm a liar"<br><br>Well, you're inferring that I think that, anyway. I don't think you're a liar. I just think you're another person online who I respectfully disagree with. "Namedropper" was a whole separate assertion. I still think you're that.<br><br>"Well, I guess that would depend on which side of his gun barrel or hatchet you were facing..."<br><br>I don't think that would depend upon that at all. I'm not even sure what you're getting at. If I was facing his side I'd be him.<br><br>He was alone in his actions at that bar. You know that, correct? <br><br>"I feel anti-depressants have played a part in this tragedy, can't prove it of course, but we'll just see what comes out in further reports...and I believe those have more affect than any music. "<br><br>We are in agreement on that. Not that what comes out in further reports will neccessarily be true. But let's wait and see. <p></p><i></i>
TroubleFunk

Re: website of Nazi teen killed by Arkansas police

Postby mxmendo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:11 pm

This blogger makes the possible link between the kid and the church fires in alabama, also has a good overview and speculates about his female companion who was killed.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://huffcrimeblog.com/?p=463">huffcrimeblog.com/?p=463</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Also has links to the myspace comments left after the bar attack. (screencap - page is no longer posted at myspace.) <p></p><i></i>
mxmendo

Trouble Funk

Postby mother » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:53 pm

Well what a pleasant surprise, remember the good old Ibex from wilder times! Welcome! Too bad they've closed everything around there now... <p></p><i></i>
mother

More Info

Postby BajaSur » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:56 pm

Here is an article that mentions the link between Knights of the KKK (located in Gassville) and fliers that were distributed in New Bedford last june.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/02-06/02-05-06/04local.htm">www.southcoasttoday.com/d...4local.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Gassville, population 1,714, is located just 43 miles from Harrison, Ark., the home of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and its president, Thomas Robb.<br>Fliers bearing Robb's name, organization and post office box number were found wrapped in newspapers delivered to residents of Dighton and Somerset in Massachusetts in June 2005. <br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>-edit-<br>Near New Bedford I should say.<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bajasur>BajaSur</A> at: 2/7/06 11:59 am<br></i>
BajaSur

Re: More Info

Postby OnoI812 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:07 pm

nice find Baja-<br><br>Of course we all know there couldn't possibly be a link between the KKK and neo nazi's ...The guy was just a harmless ICP fan lookin for friends...any evidence he was trying to hook up with the the KKK in Gassville is purely circumstance..right? <p></p><i></i>
OnoI812

Re: More Info

Postby BajaSur » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:19 pm

Actually I found that link from the blog that mxmendo posted.<br>Credit where credit is due.<br>Nice find mxmendo. <p></p><i></i>
BajaSur

more

Postby mother » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:29 pm

After re-reading this discussion, I see that nostalgia was beside the point. As an artist, I can never deny the enormous power of music to influence the heart and soul. And that what these psycho kids are putting into their already troubled consciousnesses can have a direct influence. True, some are oblivious to sound, but many of us are not. And also, certain songs become anthems for groups, whether for good or evil, and acquire even more meaning. I'd be very surprised if neonazi losers did not have their own special favorites with which to bond and share the emotions associated with their ideology. Naah, no link between KKK & neo nazi's, just like no link between child abuse and satanism. <p></p><i></i>
mother

Hi mother!

Postby TroubleFunk » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:43 pm

Nice to meetcha. Yeah, that area on Georgia Ave. is pretty much a wasteland now, it's a shame. But yeah, it was special when it was riding high.<br><br>I'm sure Neonazis have their special favorites, yeah. Loser anthems! <p></p><i></i>
TroubleFunk

Previous

Return to Fascism