Sick of the lies yet ?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Sick of the lies yet ?

Postby slimmouse » Sun May 21, 2006 8:19 pm

<br><br> No such thing as free energy ?<br><br> 17 minutes of my time was enough to convince me.<br><br> How about you ?<br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3333992194168790800&q=%22water+car%22[hr">video.google.com/videopla...+car%22[hr</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->]<!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END--> <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

yeah

Postby smithtalk » Sun May 21, 2006 10:28 pm

took a bit longer than seventeen minutes cos i am at work and had to keep minimising my screen and going back,<br><br>but yeah, i am convinced <p></p><i></i>
smithtalk

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Keely

Postby jingofever » Sun May 21, 2006 11:34 pm

He seems to be the modern day <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._W._Keely">John Keely</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

Postby thoughtographer » Mon May 22, 2006 1:14 pm

I'll <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>never</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> be convinced by a video of anything other than the will of the creators of said video to manipulate you into seeing what they want you to see, but that doesn't mean I don't believe that secrets are being kept.<br><br>Keely was great. Hoaxer, true visionary or a bit of both -- I don't care. It's hilarious to think of him pulling one over on his investors just to get the money to allow him to keep doing his thing. We'll probably never know, and that's the carrot on the stick for a lot of people.<br><br>Which reminds me of <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.methernitha.com/">Methernitha's</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> "Testatika" devices... <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thoughtographer>thoughtographer</A> at: 5/22/06 2:56 pm<br></i>
thoughtographer

Postby jingofever » Mon May 22, 2006 3:30 pm

I think Keely is obviously a con artist and it seems that Stanley Meyer was the same.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The vehicle failed to work during a required demonstration of the water-fueled car in a 1990 court case. An Ohio court found Stanley Meyer guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" in a case brought against him by disgruntled investors. The court decided that the centerpiece of the car, his water fuel cell, was a conventional electrolysis device, and he was ordered to repay the investors $25,000.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>-- wikipedia entry on 'Water fuel cell'<br><br>Keely claimed his device could power a train from Philadelphia to San Francisco on a liter of water, Meyer's supposed invention required 83 liters of water to go coast to coast. Clearly Keely had the better technology. <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

Postby thoughtographer » Mon May 22, 2006 5:02 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I think Keely is obviously a con artist and it seems that Stanley Meyer was the same.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>Anyone in a position like Keely's is prone to distort facts for the sake of pleasing investors, so even though I'm currently with you in the belief that Keely was a "con artist", I'm not so sure he wasn't many other things as well. He was an artist -- that's for sure. His brushes with Theosophy ensured his status in the pantheon of kooks who will live on in the minds of the people, and the implications of that fact alone are enough to keep me interested.<br><br>I don't know enough about this Meyer guy yet, but he seems to be quite a bit less sophisticated than Keely. <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>
thoughtographer

Jingo.....

Postby slimmouse » Mon May 22, 2006 5:05 pm

<br> Can you find the particular court case ? <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Jingo.....

Postby HMKGrey » Tue May 23, 2006 12:30 pm

Interestingly CNN are carrying a story on a hybrid gas/water car right now in their video section. Can't link to it. <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Return to Energy Issues