Excellent google video....Nikola Tesla

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Excellent google video....Nikola Tesla

Postby slimmouse » Wed May 24, 2006 4:47 pm

Excellent google video on Nikola Tesla.<br><br> Rather slow to get going, but particularly interesting from about half way, particularly in the light of much 'conspiracy speculation' vis a vi Haarp, Star Wars defense stuff, Particle beam accelerators, and even the esoteric connections to the aforesaid;<br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5834867580747017149&q=tesla">video.google.com/videopla...49&q=tesla</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=slimmouse@rigorousintuition>slimmouse</A> at: 5/25/06 3:32 am<br></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Excellent google video....

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu May 25, 2006 4:36 am

This is superb, thanks for sharing..Please edit your thread title to reflect the content(Tesla).<br><br>This was a really great, probably the best media presentation of his work I've yet seen. <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby thoughtographer » Thu May 25, 2006 10:52 am

Thanks, slimmouse. Though I wonder how many more people know the name "Marconi" and not the name "Tesla" at this point, I appreciate any attempt to raise awareness of Tesla.<br><br>I tend to believe that Tesla suffered from falling into similar traps to what Reich fell victim to; believing the public's image of himself, and associated delusional thinking, for one example. It's sad to think of his reclusive, seemingly delusional condition at the end of his life and the fact that he felt that designing a "death ray" (a weapon) was the only way he could contribute to the greater good. He was definitely fucked by the business interests that he willfully allowed to bankroll his studies, but that doesn't negate his brilliance and mental flexibility.<br><br>P.S. - I think Philip K. Dick fans will get a kick out of the "Felix The Cat" videos that show up in this particular Google Video search. Where's the "king"?<br><br>P.P.S. - Whoa! I didn't expect anyone to mention the Puharich connection on a television program. That's an interesting point to consider... Sorry, I shouldn't comment while I'm watching, but I had to point that out. <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thoughtographer>thoughtographer</A> at: 5/25/06 9:07 am<br></i>
thoughtographer

Postby sussurus2 » Thu May 25, 2006 11:15 am

Read the recently completed biography of Tesla, titled _Wizard_ to understand why everyone knows the name Marconi rather than Tesla. It's an excellent work, incredibly thorough in its research.<br><br>S. <p></p><i></i>
sussurus2

Postby thoughtographer » Thu May 25, 2006 11:21 am

I haven't read that, but I've read the Margaret Cheney book and many other popular titles, and they're all good in their own way. What I was trying to say is: I doubt that many people in the modern world who know the name "Marconi" don't also know the name "Tesla", as well -- thanks to the posthumous credit and celebrity given his name by his fans.<br><br>(Edit: I was mistaken -- I haven't read that one yet. What's "Wizard's" angle, if any?) <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thoughtographer>thoughtographer</A> at: 5/25/06 9:28 am<br></i>
thoughtographer

Postby zjurhgvc » Thu May 25, 2006 8:36 pm

As always, the House of Morgan is closely associated with Tesla's funding. Thence was born funding and brains for eugenics, for the Nazis, for 'shrooms, for the birth of the CIA... <p></p><i></i>
zjurhgvc

Which explains why no doubt...

Postby slimmouse » Thu May 25, 2006 9:35 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> As always, the House of Morgan is closely associated with Tesla's funding.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> Which doubtless explains why Tesla died in poverty in your eyes.<br><br> The profits from his genius were subsequently sequested by the machinery of death ?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Which explains why no doubt...

Postby sussurus2 » Thu May 25, 2006 11:41 pm

_Wizard's_ "angle"...not sure how to characterize it other than straight-up scholarship, with a liberal dose of interpretation & extrapolation. Some of the other Tesla stuff I can't even read because it's so breathless or over-dramatized narrative style. This is more a straightforward chronology, using any sources he could find and cite, and with some interesting suppositions. <br><br>I don't agree with every conclusion he's drawn because my own experimentation and exploration have led me in directions he probably wasn't aware of. Other things (esp the few passages he saw fit to italicize in the first half of the book) make me think the author does get it, but knew he'd never get published if he didn't leave out certain aspects or interpretations -- regarding Wardenclyffe for instance. <br><br>I hadn't known much about his life previous to reading it, and I enjoyed the book a great deal. He did at least ten years of research before writing it.<br><br>Hope that's helfpul.<br><br>S. <p></p><i></i>
sussurus2

Re: Which explains why no doubt...

Postby thoughtographer » Thu May 25, 2006 11:44 pm

Definitely helpful -- thank you. I'll probably pick it up soon. <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>
thoughtographer

Return to Energy Issues