FoxNews:Americans who buy cheap oil from Chavez are Traitors

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

FoxNews:Americans who buy cheap oil from Chavez are Traitors

Postby 4911 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:37 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.newshounds.us/2006/09/21/neil_cavuto_says_poor_americans_who_accept_heating_oil_from_hugo_chavez_are_committing_treason.php">www.newshounds.us/2006/09...reason.php</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br><br>so now buying cheaper becomes a treasonous activity for americans..according to fucks news..? <p></p><i></i>

Blog: View Blog (0)

Still the one thing no one has answered...

Postby yathrib » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:08 pm

Why is CHavez "dangerous" or a "menace" rather than being--at worst--merely annoying? BTW, if Chavez really wants to embarass Bush et al, he should buy large quantities of common prescription medications and selling them very cheaply to Americans in need, perhaps through his own chain of pharmacies. Or offer medical scholarships to Americans at the school of their choice if they agree to work with the poor and underserved. Okay, I know, he's not Santa Claus.... <p></p><i></i>
yathrib

hmm

Postby DireStrike » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:36 pm

If the pharm industry can stop sales from canada, why can't the oil industry stop sales from venezuela? Is it because canada is more cooperative?<br><br>If anyone said such bullshit in my general vicinity, I would respond with a *coughwallmartcough*. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=direstrike>DireStrike</A> at: 9/28/06 11:37 am<br></i>
DireStrike

Re: FoxNews:Americans who buy cheap oil from Chavez are Trai

Postby bobdobbs » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:33 pm

7-eleven has dropped Citgo as their supplier. Citgo is apparently 'pro-venezuelan'. <p></p><i></i>
bobdobbs

Postby 4911 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:47 pm

if that aint the most hypocritical thing i ever hoid. <br><br>"...The Law of supply and demand yesterday underwent furious restructuring as it was declared that certain portions of it were unamerican...citizens looking for a better bargain were summarily executed as der Bush rode by in his motorcade..." <p></p><i></i>

Postby wintler » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:27 pm

"Citgo is apparently 'pro-venezuelan'." <br>Go figure. Citgo is wholly owned by the Ven. gov.<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.citgo.com/AboutCITGO.jsp">www.citgo.com/AboutCITGO.jsp</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>I love Chavez/Venezuela for this, demonstrates the advantages of having leadership with smarts and vision. I reckon Rightthink will discover that good Americans think its un'murican to pay more, and will have to just ignore the success of Citgo's cheap-fuel program. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wintler>wintler</A> at: 9/28/06 6:35 pm<br></i>
wintler

Postby Sepka » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:09 am

If the man's willing to give his country's resources away at below market value, that only hurts Venezuelans, not the Americans who profit thereby.<br> <p>-Sepka the Space Weasel</p><i></i>
Sepka

Below market value

Postby km artlu » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:38 am

Or, Sepka, one could assume a larger vantage point and thereby understand that the Venezuelan people could gain quite a bit more from their president's strategies aimed at fostering the good will of U.S. citizens <p></p><i></i>
km artlu

Postby wintler » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:52 am

If immediate market value is the only thing that counts. Brands can insure less tangible good will for billions, and the US has spent millions trying to mint goodwill or at least a coup in Venezuela. <br>Citgo's subsidy seem a cheap and happily divisive way for Venez. to mint good will in the US, which if it save precision bombing and collateral damage will be a phenomenal bargain.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
wintler

Return to Energy Issues