Roscoe Bartlett: Peak Oiler, Adventist and SY Moon supporter

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Roscoe Bartlett: Peak Oiler, Adventist and SY Moon supporter

Postby wintler » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:26 am

--<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_spectrum_blog/2006/09/adventist_repre.html">spectrummagazine.typepad....repre.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>Adventist Representative Bows to the Rev. Moon<br>By Alexander Carpenter 15/9/06<br><br>Here's a little moral dilemma for your Sabbath pondering. <br>Say you're an Adventist and the Congressional Representative from the 6th district of Maryland. Several of your fellow Republicans invite you to help them crown the Rev. Sun Myung Moon the King of Peace. Oh, besides running the Unification church, Moon's also a billionaire and funding a big push to have churches take out the cross and replace it with a crown. Do you go along or not? ..<br>Roscoe Bartlett is announced about 7:20 into the clip.<br><br>Link is provided to youtube <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f08clPMODw8">www.youtube.com/watch?v=f08clPMODw8</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>vid of 2004 coronation of Moon as King of America.<br><br>--<br><br><br>The event is old news, news for me is that Bartlett was there and even ceremonially carried Mrs Moons robes - yikes. Signif for me is in remembering Dreams End & others concerns over the history and allies of other prominent peak oilers Richard Heinberg and Matthew Simmons. The Adventist Church is not high on my list of favs but it beats the Moonies, who scare the willies out of me. <br><br>Bartletts participation in that event puts a fat black blot next to his name for me, and thought US readers should be alert to him - he is leading US gov talk on peak oil, and some of his solutions (drill everywhere, nukes) are bad bad news.<br><br>More than a few opportunists have been seen sporting peak oil colours (british nazis, Watchtower magazine), which doesn't for me prove it is fabricated. Solutions being pushed by Simmons and Bartlett are similar, tho Simmons is lately leaning much heavier on the conservation/efficiency/appropriate-tech/relocalisation horn that greenies like myself advocate. <br>Heinberg coined the term powerdown and i find his current policy proposals mostly agreeable, tho have been willing to admit some of his past associates and writings are disturbing. Frankly i find this news (to me) on Bartlett far more disturbing, welcome any obs on current links with 'Church' of SY Moon. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
wintler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Roscoe Bartlett: Peak Oiler, Adventist and SY Moon suppo

Postby Dreams End » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:18 am

Thanks Wintler. Moon is likely a creation of the South Korean intelligence agency, which in turn is a creation of the CIA. Moon is not just a religious cult leader, but has been central in the "world anti-communist" (read: "fascist network") effort for decades, and I assume has worked closely with the CIA to help rightwing causes throughout the world.<br><br>I'd also point out that not only does Moon have mainstream influence here via his ownership of the Washington Times (which is heavily promoted by former spook/burglar G. Gordon Liddy on his talk show) but is, despite having declared himself the Messiah and placing himself above Jesus, accepted by the rightwing Christian hierarchy. It's a weird scene. The deep politics around this are SO deep that I'm afraid to wade too far into this without a life raft.<br><br>Obviously, I'm not a peaker, but my real concern has been the use of this message by these dodgy types. That alone, as you correctly point out, does not invalidate Peak Oil itself. I believe in global warming yet I don't support Chomsky's idea of some sort of world authoritarian government to remedy the situation. <br><br>If you want to keep playing this really scary game, consider that it was Moon's paper that broke the much of the D.C. call-boy scandal, and the underage prostitutes in the White House stuff. Why the Times? One interpretation I've had is that it was a "shot across the bow"...a warning to some to behave on some matter or other, or the goods on them get made public.<br><br>The last thing I'd say is that if anyone from the Moon organization asks you to hold their "holy handkerchief"...don't do it. Ick.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Return to Energy Issues