The fix is in for 2008

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The fix is in for 2008

Postby nomo » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:29 pm

Party Hacks<br>By Chris Floyd<br>Published: March 3, 2006<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://context.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2006/03/03/120.html">context.themoscowtimes.co...3/120.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Two weeks ago, an obscure, unelected, Republican-appointed official in California decided the future of the world. That future -- at least for the next several years -- will be an accelerating nightmare of war, corruption, repression, atrocity and terror. That's because the loyal apparatchik has, with the stroke of a pen, guaranteed the perpetuation of the Bush faction in power in 2008 and beyond.<br><br>One of the few certainties in modern U.S. politics is that no Democrat can win the presidency without carrying California. Thanks to the Electoral College system set up by the Founding Oligarchs to keep the low-born rabble from voting directly for president, the big haul of California's electoral votes is crucial for Democrats to offset the multitude of small, sparsely populated states that reliably vote Republican. Bagging California doesn't guarantee Democratic victory, but without it, the cliffhanger electoral counts in the goosed elections of 2000 and 2004 wouldn't even have been close.<br>        <br>Thus, the sudden, hugger-mugger decision by California Secretary of State Bruce McPherson to override the objections of his own experts and certify the eminently hackable voting machines of the politically partisan firm, Diebold, for use throughout the state means, quite simply, that <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>the fix is in for 2008</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. It doesn't matter who the Democrats run -- Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Edwards, George Clooney or Jesus H. Christ in an Uncle Sam suit. It won't make a bit of difference. California is lost, the presidency is lost and the Bushists are in -- already. It's over.<br><br>After Diebold's machines failed miserably in a battery of tests last year, McPherson vowed to put their certification on hold until his own hand-picked panel of experts had fine-combed the system to a fare-thee-well, blogger Brad Friedman reports. The panel delivered their conclusions last month -- and the results were staggering, far beyond the worst fears of the most hard-core "conspiracy theorist." The panel found that Diebold's machines were riddled with curious built-in glitches that effectively "ceded complete control of the system" to hackers who could "change vote totals, modify reports, change the names of candidates and change the races being voted on."<br><br>What's more, "hackers wouldn't need to know passwords or cryptographic keys, or have access to any other part of the system to do their dirty work," the Los Angeles Times notes. "Voters, candidates and election monitors wouldn't necessarily know they'd been rooked." A more perfect vehicle for fixing an election can hardly be imagined. And it would require nothing more than a handful of high-tech zealots, not a vast conspiracy.<br><br>Naturally, after such a blistering condemnation, McPherson did what any official charged with guaranteeing the integrity and credibility of his state's elections would do: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>He approved the slipshod system by the dark of the moon, on a Friday before a holiday weekend, without any public hearings -- indeed, without waiting for the results of a pending federal review of Diebold's mole-infested code. </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->Now, the Diebold contraptions, whose chronic "breakdowns" have featured in numerous contested elections and last-second "miracle" victories by Republican candidates across the country in recent years, will control California's pot of electoral gold.<br><br>A good example of how this control works can be found in Alaska. There, the state Democratic Party has long been seeking an audit of some of the 2004 Diebold-counted returns, which produced a series of strange anomalies -- including awarding President George W. Bush an extra 100,000 votes that turned out to be phantoms. First, state officials blocked the request because that information, the vote count of a public election, was a "company secret" that belonged exclusively to Diebold, Friedman reports. Then they decided that the returns could be examined -- but only on the condition that Diebold and the Republican officials be allowed to "manipulate the data" before it was released. In the end, even this tainted transparency was too much for the Bushist ballot crunchers; late last month, Alaska officials suddenly declared that examining the returns would pose a dire but unspecified "security risk" to the state.<br><br>America's votes are increasingly controlled by a small number of interrelated corporations: Diebold, ES&S and Sequoia, all of which have close political and financial ties to the Bush faction -- and to other dark forces as well. Diebold and ES&S were both bankrolled by tycoon Howard Ahmanson, who was also a major funder of the Christian "Reconstructionist" movement, which openly advocates a totalitarian theocracy in America, including the death penalty for homosexuals, slavery for debtors, stoning for sinners and stripping nonbelievers of citizenship. As journalist Max Blumenthal reports, these extremists have been welcomed as a key part of the Bushist base of politicized evangelicals, whose cadres have been quietly filling government posts for the past five years. Meanwhile, Sequoia -- whose machines racked up 100,000 "mistakes" in just one Florida county in 2004, according to a recent audit -- is owned by a business partner of the Carlyle Group, the investment firm whose insider deals and war profiteering have earned millions for the Bush family.<br><br>Thus, the 2008 election will be conducted largely on wide-open machines programmed by avowed partisans and paymasters of a ruthless gang that has already committed demonstrable vote fraud on a massive scale in engineering narrow "victories" in 2000 and 2004. So <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>it doesn't matter who runs,</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> who votes or how unpopular the Bush faction becomes through the murderous ruin of its radical agenda. The "consent of the governed" will be drowned in the blood money that has bought the nation's electoral process.<br> <p></p><i></i>
nomo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The fix is in for 2008

Postby GDN01 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:10 pm

How very disheartening. I stayed up all night Nov. 2 2004, and was weeping by sunrise on Nov. 3rd. I knew then our votes did not have any power or value. I knew then we no longer live in a republic nation. I had suspicions before, but the morning of Nov. 3rd, 2004 - I knew. I don't think I have recovered, yet. I feel totally helpless and hopeless most of the time, to be able to change anything in this country. I have identified as a pascifist for many years now, but I am beginning to think it is time for another revolution in this country - there is no other way to take our country back. <p></p><i></i>
GDN01

Postby CyberChrist » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:11 pm

The fix has been in for at least 20 years.. hehe..<br><br>Think about it though-- the candidates are usually pre-picked and don't really represent people as much as they represent corporate interests. Dubya wasn't particularly great, but he raised so much money that he just ble everyone else away in 2000 during the primaries and even all that money didn't guarantee an election win in 11/2000-- they had to cheat and lie their way into the WH.<br><br>Look at the other side, though. Paul Hackett, an Iraqi War veteran was going to run for Senate for the Democrats and the Dems decided that they were not only not going to back him, but that they would run Sherrod Brown instead because he has been a Congressman for many years and that it was "his time". Hackett basically got a call from Schumer and the rest of the Democratic Party high cabal and they told him to stop running and that they would not support his fundraising.<br><br>Elections are won and lost long before the ballot is cast. <p>--<br>CyberChrist<br>http://www.hackerjournal.org<br>My brain is hung like a horse.</p><i></i>
CyberChrist

Postby sussurus2 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:07 am

Yep. Poor Kev S. never knew what hit 'im. But thanks Kev for trying. Gosh that was ugly watching them hammer him until he went away. He tried to decertify, and succeeded for a short time, thus he had to go...whatever his faults might have been, I wish him well for standing up to the machine.<br><br>S. <p></p><i></i>
sussurus2

Return to Politics and Stolen Elections