Possible truth to April Fools

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Possible truth to April Fools

Postby 4911 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:37 am

Dont get me wrong, but when I read the thing about the lengthening of official presidential terms on April 1st, it wasnt new to me. Id read about that a few months before april 1st. It was even on a congressional website, as far as I remember , and as far as I remember, it wasnt a memo, it was a bill that congress planned to vote on in february 2006.<br><br>I lost track of it, but maybe someone else hasnt.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Possible truth to April Fools

Postby sunny » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:19 am

They have been trying since 2003 to repeal the 22nd Amendment:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/000176.html">www.thecarpetbaggerreport...00176.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.J.RES.24.IH:">thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/qu...RES.24.IH:</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution. (Introduced in House)<br><br>HJ 24 IH <br><br><br>109th CONGRESS<br><br>1st Session<br><br>H. J. RES. 24<br>Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution. <br><br><br>IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES<br><br>February 17, 2005<br>Mr. HOYER (for himself, Mr. BERMAN, Mr. SENSENBRENNER, Mr. SABO, and Mr. PALLONE) introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary <br><br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br>JOINT RESOLUTION<br>Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution. <br><br><br>Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:<br><br>`Article --<br><br>`The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is repealed.'.<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sunny@rigorousintuition>sunny</A> at: 4/3/06 8:20 am<br></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby 4911 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:31 am

So does this now mean that the joke is on us, twice? Is this official now, potus can have infinite terms if the uh people uh vote him? <p></p><i></i>

Postby sunny » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:39 am

No. The amendment has not come up for a vote.<br>Besides, as it says in the text of the bill, the states have seven years to ratify , assuming that would happen.<br>I just find it incredible they are even trying. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sunny@rigorousintuition>sunny</A> at: 4/3/06 8:41 am<br></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby 4911 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:58 am

lotta that around these days, eh? Thank you for clearing that up for me. <p></p><i></i>

Return to Politics and Stolen Elections