Almost 70 lawmakers sign Bush impeachment letter

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Almost 70 lawmakers sign Bush impeachment letter

Postby 4911 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:17 pm

Almost 70 lawmakers sign Bush impeachment letter<br><br>Associated Press | April 22 2006<br><br>NEWFANE -- Almost 70 Vermont legislators have signed a letter urging Congress to begin an investigation of President Bush's domestic surveillance program and the reasons for the war in Iraq and, which would lead to impeachment proceedings, if warranted.<br><br>The letter written by Rep. Richard Marek, D-Newfane, was signed by 56 members of the House and 13 members of the Senate. No Republicans have signed the letter.<br><br>The letter will be sent to the members of Vermont's congressional delegation.<br><br>Marek's letter asks Congress to hold hearings to determine if censure or "setting in motion the constitutional process for possible removal from office" are necessary.<br><br>"Vermonters from across the state have expressed concerns with the president's actions and have displayed that through resolutions, meetings and petitions," Marek said.<br><br>"I thought it was important to put our voices down as supporting an investigation and possible censure and impeachment," he said.<br><br>Earlier this month the Democratic State Committee urged Congress to begin impeachment proceedings against the president, but decided against asking the Legislature to join that call.<br><br>Democratic committees in at least eight Vermont counties have adopted similar resolutions.<br><br>On Town Meeting Day a number of towns also passed similar resolutions. The town of Newfane, which Marek represents, was the first community to call for Bush's impeachment.<br><br>Rep. Alice Emmons, D-Springfield, said she felt Bush's policies needed to be investigated.<br><br>"I feel as an American that what is happening is not right," Emmons said. "This administration needs to be investigated fairly and openly because what has happened has raised many questions." <p></p><i></i>

Blog: View Blog (0)

and...

Postby anotherdrew » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:32 am

<br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:maroon;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-large;">Bush Impeachment - The Illinois State Legislature is Preparing to Drop a Bombshell</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Utilizing a little known rule of the US House to bring Impeachment charges</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_steven_l_060422_bush_impeachment___t.htm">good news</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>The Illinois General Assembly is about to rock the nation. Members of state legislatures are normally not considered as having the ability to decide issues with a massive impact to the nation as a whole. Representative Karen A. Yarbrough of Illinois' 7th District is about to shatter that perception forever. Representative Yarbrough stumbled on a little known and never utlitized rule of the US House of Representatives, Section 603 of Jefferson's Manual of the Rules of the United States House of Representatives, which allows federal impeachment proceedings to be initiated by joint resolution of a state legislature. From there, Illinois House Joint Resolution 125 (hereafter to be referred to as HJR0125) was born.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=anotherdrew>anotherdrew</A> at: 4/22/06 11:34 pm<br></i>
anotherdrew

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Politics and Stolen Elections