McKinney Votes Getting Robbed

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Oh, here it is:

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:51 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Granted that the vast majority of representatives (career politicians in general, actually) are are in it for the money. Being on the make is still less shameful, IMHO, than attacking a policeman.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Whoo..I think we have 'Most Convoluted Statement of the Week' here at RI.. <p>____________________<br>Oderint, dum metuant</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Deibold Op Ed Piece

Postby thurnandtaxis » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:08 pm

from opednews.com<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>July 23, 2006 at 12:58:03<br>The Diebold Bombshell<br> <br>by David Dill, Doug Jones and Barbara Simons<br><br>Most computer scientists have long viewed Diebold as the poster child <br>for all that is wrong with touch screen voting machines. But we never <br>imagined that Diebold would be as irresponsible and incompetent as they <br>have turned out to be.<br><br>Recently, computer security expert Harri Hursti revealed serious <br>security vulnerabilities in Diebold's software. According to Michael <br>Shamos, a computer scientist and voting system examiner in <br>Pennsylvania, "It's the most severe security flaw ever discovered in a <br>voting system."<br><br>Even more shockingly, we learned recently that Diebold and the State of <br>Maryland had been aware of these vulnerabilities for at least two <br>years. They were documented in analysis, commissioned by Maryland and <br>conducted by RABA Technologies, published in January 2004. For over <br>two years, Diebold has chosen not to fix the security holes, and <br>Maryland has chosen not to alert other states or national officials <br>about these problems.<br><br>Basically, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Diebold included a "back door" in its software, allowing <br>anyone to change or modify the software.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> There are <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>no technical <br>safeguards in place to ensure that only authorized people can make <br>changes.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>A malicious individual with access to a voting machine could <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>rig the <br>software without being detected.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Worse yet, if the attacker rigged the <br>machine used to compute the totals for some precinct, he or she could <br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>alter the results of that precinct.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> The only fix the RABA authors <br>suggested was to warn people that manipulating an election is against <br>the law.<br><br>Typically, modern voting machines are delivered several days before an <br>election and stored in people's homes or in insecure polling stations. <br>A wide variety of poll workers, shippers, technicians, and others who <br>have access to these voting machines could rig the software. Such <br>software alterations could be difficult to impossible to detect.<br><br>Diebold spokesman David Bear admitted to the New York Times that <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>the back door was inserted intentionally</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> so that election officials would be able to update their systems easily. Bear justified Diebold's <br>actions by saying, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"For there to be a problem here, you're basically <br>assuming a premise where you have some evil and nefarious election <br>officials who would sneak in and introduce a piece of software... I <br>don't believe these evil elections people exist."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>more at link:<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_david_di_060723_the_diebold_bombshel.htm">www.opednews.com/articles...mbshel.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
thurnandtaxis

McKinney Rallying Cry

Postby thurnandtaxis » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:27 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>July 20, 2006<br>It's Time! Refuse to Lose!<br><br>Reports are coming in about people being lied to and told they can't vote. More information will be provided as it comes in. <br><br>You can vote in August even if you didn't vote in July! Please vote in the Primary Runoff Election on Tuesday, August 8, 2006!. <br><br>Early Advance voting runs from July 31 through August 4, 2006. Please see my Resources page for full details on voting in the Runoff Election.<br><br>As you know, there will be a runoff election in the 4th District of Georgia on Tuesday August 8th. I will be pitted against a mostly <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>unknown</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>unproven</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> opponent, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>who will nonetheless have the unanimous backing of big national media and national money.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> The media and money behind my opponent will do their utmost to polarize the election along racial and party lines. To win, they must provoke a stampede of Republican voters to the polls on August 8th. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>To accomplish this, they must and will portray not just my voice, but yours too, as dangerous, unpatriotic and downright loony.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>These wealthy and powerful interests fear my voice because it is your voice. That is what this August 8 runoff election will be about. Will the authentic voices of our people -- your voices --- be silenced, or will we refuse to lose?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>I have worked all my career in Congress and before that in the Georgia State Legislature, to stand up for the powerless, for consumers, for working families, for peace and for justice because that is what all of your voices demand. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>I stood up to those in my own party who gave us voting machines with no audits and no verfiable paper trails. I stood up to the Administration that has promised us an indefinite war. I was the first to draw attention to the massive war profiteering on the part of powerful and well-connected interests.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> For my part, I am refusing to sit down, refusing to lose, and I ask you to stand with me as I stand up for you.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>George Bush's worst nightmare would be 434 more voices like mine in the Congress.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> I represent you. He represents ---- well, we know who he represents. And we know who George Bush would like, who the Atlanta Journal-constitution would like, who the national media would like to see represent the 4th District of Georgia. We understand why these forces trust Republican voters instead of Democrats to pick the next Democrat who will represent them in Congress. We further understand that we must refuse to lose the representation that we have worked and struggled for all these years. Our forebears did not struggle for the right to elect a representative in Congress who won't stand up for peace or justice when that is what Democrats demand.<br><br>We need your help to refuse to lose between now and Tuesday, August 8. We need your time and your treasure.<br><br>Now is the time to call us and get involved.<br><br>Call my campaign hotline at 404-289-2889 and find out how you can refuse to lose your authentic voice in the House of Representatives. If you are outside the Atlanta area, you and your friends can participate too!<br><br>If your voice is important, refuse to lose it. Call us at 404-289-2889 and find out how you can help.<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cynthiaforcongress.com/blog.php?id=30">www.cynthiaforcongress.co....php?id=30</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
thurnandtaxis

Previous

Return to Politics and Stolen Elections