Cynthia McKinney Loses Run-off

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Cynthia McKinney Loses Run-off

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:16 am

See: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/08/us/08cnd-mckinney.html?ref=washington">www.nytimes.com/2006/08/0...washington</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>As I said after her unknown challenger (and GA's Diebold machines) somehow kept her from getting 50% of the vote in the initial primary contest, "So it was written; so it shall be done." <br><br>Gwinnett County 7/18 election:<br><br>1208 Johnson+Coyne <br>836 McKinney <br><br>Gwinnett County 8/8 election:<br><br>1583 Johnson (up 22.4% compared to Johnson+Coyne 21 days ago)<br>528 Mckinney (down 36.8% compared to 21 days ago)<br><br>Rockdale County 7/18 election:<br><br>3031 Johnson+Coyne<br>1592 McKinney <br> <br>Rockdale County 8/8 election:<br><br>4325 Johnson (up 42.7% compared to Johnson+Coyne 21 days ago)<br>1320 Mckinney (down 17.1% compared to 21 days ago)<br><br>DeKalb County 7/18 election:<br><br>28533 Johnson+Coyne<br>26788 McKinney<br><br>DeKalb County 8/8 election:<br><br>35270 Johnson (up 23.6% compared to Johnson+Coyne 21 days ago)<br>26984 Mckinney (up 0.7% compared to 21 days ago) <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=stickdog99>stickdog99</A> at: 8/9/06 12:40 am<br></i>
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Cynthia McKinney Loses Run-off

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:42 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83122">www.11alive.com/news/news...ryid=83122</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>        <br>Vote Count in DeKalb Delayed<br><br>Technical problems in DeKalb County are delaying the vote count there, including vote count reports in the U.S. House District 4 race between incumbent Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney and Hank Johnson.<br><br>Poll workers were having difficulty uploading memory cards from electronic voting machines, said Chris Riggall, a spokesman for the Georgia Secretary of State's office.<br><br>It is not known how long it will take to get vote totals from DeKalb County. <p></p><i></i>
stickdog99

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:32 am

Someone was on DU last night saying there were serious problems using their machine.. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby sunny » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:35 am

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2006/08/disturbing-reports.html" target="top">Cannonfire reporting</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> that <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>McKinney</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> reported her name was left off the ballot in some places. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:36 am

Found it 18 pages in almost gone:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2765070">www.democraticunderground...32x2765070</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I'm in GA's 4th District.<br><br>We use the touch screen machines.<br><br>The card they gave me wouldn't load into the machine. It kept rejecting it.<br><br>The card I'm speaking of is the little yellow card that is supposed to record your votes once inserted into the machine.<br><br>It took the poll workers about 15 minutes to straighten it out.<br><br>For some reason, the card kept telling them that I didn't belong to a political party :shrug: even tho I voted in the main primary.<br><br>I just want to share this FWIW, as I see several people claiming that McKinney is crying wolf.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby * » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:26 pm

<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>McKinney opponent rakes in pro-Israel cash</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br><br><br>By Jonathan Allen<br><br>Georgia Rep. Cynthia McKinney’s primary run-off opponent has tapped into the pro-Israel fundraising network that helped her virtually unknown challenger Denise Majette topple McKinney and Artur Davis beat then-Rep. Earl Hilliard (D-Ala.) in a pair of hotly contested 2002 primaries in black-majority districts.<br><br>Hank Johnson collected at least $34,100 on Tuesday from individuals and political action committees (PACs) that supported Majette, Davis or both, including several pro-Israel PACs. Overall, Johnson reported receiving $63,100 on Tuesday.<br><br>The contributions were recorded in a filing with the Federal Election Commission that requires only donors of $1,000 or more to be identified, meaning Johnson’s haul could have been larger.<br><br>Seven pro-Israel PACs gave to Johnson on Tuesday: MOPAC in Michigan, Washington PAC in D.C., SUNPAC and National Action Committee PAC in Florida, CITYPAC in Chicago, Mid-Manhattan PAC in New York and Louisiana for American Security PAC. Five of the seven contributed to both Majette and Davis four years ago, according to FEC records. SUNPAC gave to Majette in 2002 and to Davis in 2004, while Mid-Manhattan PAC gave only to Davis in 2002.<br><br>Johnson’s fundraising has picked up significantly since McKinney was held to 47 percent – less than the majority needed to avoid an Aug. 8 runoff – in the primary contest held July 18. Johnson has reported $128,000 in contributions since the primary, compared with $33,300 for McKinney. Johnson’s one-day Tuesday take is nearly twice what McKinney reported in two weeks.<br><br>In her first stint in Congress, which began in 1993, McKinney angered pro-Israel donors and voters with positions that were viewed as hostile to Israel. Majette won backing from pro-Israel donors in a race that resembled the Alabama battle between Davis and Hilliard, who was also regarded as hostile to Israel. Davis and Majette had more than 200 common donors.<br><br>McKinney won back Atlanta’s 4th District seat in 2004 when Majette ran an ill-fated campaign for the Senate seat left open by the retirement of Democrat Zell Miller.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/080206/mckinney.html">link</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Apropos of nothing...

Postby yathrib » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:07 pm

Diebold is headquartered in McKinney, TX. <p></p><i></i>
yathrib

Re: Apropos of nothing...

Postby yathrib » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:13 pm

BTW, talk radio "progressive" everymoron Ed Schulz criticizes McKinney for not talking about electronic voting machines *before* her loss. As it turns out, he's *wrong!* Check out this 2005 story...<br><br>I'll write the show w/ this information too, but tey'll ignore it, as they did when I pointed out that Hugo Chavez was premiere of Venezuela, not Argentina.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=62916">www.accessnorthga.com/new...p?ID=62916</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
yathrib

DAMMIT

Postby johnny nemo » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:04 pm

A yell took liberal Howard Dean out of the running for President.<br><br>Now, a slap takes liberal Cynthia McKinney out of her Congressional seat.<br><br>Meanwhile,<br>the VP shoots people in the face,<br>Rove commits treason by leaking a CIA agent's name,<br>Rummy arms Hussein and slides on the Abu Ghraib scandal<br>and W. steals an election, lies about WMDs and get thousands of people killed.<br><br>Where is this "liberal media"?<br>Where is the fucking justice in this shithole plutocracy?<br> <p></p><i></i>
johnny nemo

Re: DAMMIT

Postby yathrib » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:01 am

Yeah, but McKinney still gave the impression of being b*ts**t crazy, comparable to Katherine Harris on the other side of the aisle. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=yathrib>yathrib</A> at: 8/10/06 10:02 pm<br></i>
yathrib

Return to Politics and Stolen Elections