"To Do" List for Dems?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"To Do" List for Dems?

Postby pepsified thinker » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:22 pm

I'm leary of actually posting this--don't want to jinx things, but just as a hypothetical: though there's not as much difference as I'd like between Dems and Repub.s, I'm eternally hopeful so, a Dem. Congress will/should <br><br>1. Establish timetable for withdrawl of U.S. forces from Iraq, and Afghanistan <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>linked to funding for the White House travel/staff, etc.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->--we don't stick to timetable, no funds for Bush: he starts eating PB&J, had 'basic' health, takes a pay cut, etc. <br><br>1. 'Review' 9-11 Commission findings and 'update' them <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>based on further investigation</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, with an eye to measured implimentation of the original recommendations, and any additional such based on that review. <br><br>1. Evaluate current voting legislation and establish federal guidelines for states in terms of <br><br> (a) non-partisan oversight commissions<br><br> (b) (fast) interventions to stop abuse, etc.--not commissions that act <br> 6 months after the election. <br><br> (c) standards for when errors, lack of access, etc. will trigger a<br> review/re-do --???. Criminal contempt is officials fail to comply. <br><br> (d) --?--<br><br> (e) --?--<br><br>2. Review federal funding of college loans/grants--establish a merit based national 'hope' scholarship program (linked to existing state programs). I just made up that national 'hope' scholarship bit--as far as I am aware of--but I like the sound of it. <br><br>3. Establish standing body of former congressmen/senators/judges/and other citizens for service on investigative committees for ethics, etc. <br><br> Members selected by (web-based?) nomination process, with standards for the committee members and conduct of investigations subject to approval on same basis as a constitutional amendment.<br><br><br><br><br>Have fun with this--I know you all will quickly come up with better, more realistic, practical ideas. <br><br>...and yes I know I've got three '1st' items. I'm ready for Dems. to get busy on day one. <p></p><i></i>
pepsified thinker

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: "To Do" List for Dems?

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:29 pm

How about moving Senator's offices to...Fallujah? Or New Orleans?<br><br>Take away their income, healthcare, electricity, food, water.<br><br>Then start breaking down their doors with blood-thirsty torturing Blackwater death squads armed with US weapons during a depleted uranium dust storm.<br><br>They just might stop harassing gays and immigrants. Ya think? <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: "To Do" List for Dems?

Postby postrchild » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:34 pm

lobby reform.. repealing all those draconian laws.....that'd make me happy. Then to make me start actually voting democrat they'd have to step up by raising the minimum wage and putting a cap on political office salaries for the next 75-100 yrs....blood suckin bastards.....dream on huh? <p></p><i></i>
postrchild

Return to Politics and Stolen Elections