Fox News: Polls show big momentum shift in favor of GOP

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Fox News: Polls show big momentum shift in favor of GOP

Postby chiggerbit » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:43 pm

People who don't vote have no right to sit back and bray about how the country has gone wrong. At the least own responsibility for your politics by writing in a vote for your own name. I have no sympathy <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>and no ear</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> for people who do not vote. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby pugzleyca3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:53 pm

" Pugz, that would be you and your state worshiping breathen"<br><br>Nice try. But it's a lie and you know it from my other posts on this thread.<br><br>"You see, Pugz, some of us understand that there is a difference between America and the cabal of crooks called the United States Government."<br><br>Well, why don't you just say what you think: I'm STOOPID.<br><br>"We love America and we refuse to lend our support to a criminal enterprise who shakes us all down for our money and pushes us around telling us what to do at gunpoint. Thats your game and your scheme, not mine."<br><br>Yes, I wrote the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and every law after that myself. What a ridiculous argument. It's all my fault and the fault of the voters that the majority of the politicians are corrupt. We should just burn what's there and start over?<br><br>"You voters have ruined a good nation with your silly delusion that selecting one of two criminals to represent the rest of us, every election, is good for us."<br><br>So why don't YOU run for office? <br><br>"If everyone refused to play the game tomorrow we would enact REAL CHANGE. But because a few lone nuts, maybe 35% of the public" <br><br>A few lone nuts??? You're talking about over 100 million people! <br><br>"delusional" <br><br>Oh, the old delusional argument. <br><br>"the non voters, we do in fact have A LOT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT and a right to do it!"<br><br>No you don't. The people who voted them in have a right to complain if they don't do the job they voted them in to do.<br><br>"What kind of ice cream do you want?" "I'll take vanilla."<br><br>"What kind of ice cream do you want?" "I dunno you pick for me."<br><br>Who has a right to complain? So the waiter brings them chocolate ice cream. Who has a right to complain about the flavor of ice cream they got? Certainly not the person who didn't specifiy the flavor they wanted. <br><br>"Oh and PS I already asked the members of RI if they want to join me in a march to DC. Im ready to go. Nobody has responded yet."<br><br>Oh, well that's certainly being an activist. <br><br>Look, most of what I posted up here is just as silly as what you posted to me. <br><br>But I am not going to sit here and have you call me names and tell me what a bad person I am because I am going to the polls to exercise my right to vote. <br><br>I have the right, you see. It's a RIGHT. Whether you like it or not. And it's what I feel I have to do and it's what I'm going to do. And it's what over 100 million "lone nuts" are going to do tomorrow.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
pugzleyca3

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:58 pm

Having myself once been a very religious man I know how hard it is to break free from the programing that takes place within any given cult. Doesnt matter if its a bible thumping cult or a cult of govt, its all the same, you will defend your god and your religion even when it becomes illogical and irrational to do so. Such is what we are witnessing here this evening, religious folks defending their gods, only in this case their god is their govt and its corrupt political process.<br><br>That said, I will try and make this as simple as I can for you.<br><br>The extreme end of your argument is getting EVERYONE TO VOTE. If you accomplished this the results would look something like this:<br><br>35% democrat<br>30% republican<br>25% third party<br><br>That is a rough, general estimate that may not be perfectly accurate but it is the gist of it. As you can see even if every single person in the United States Voted we would STILL HAVE CRIMINALS IN CONTROL. Of this there is NO DOUBT.<br><br>Now my argument is that everyone STOP VOTING. Imagine for a moment that tomorrow nobody showed up to vote. On weds morning the nation would be thrown into a constitutional crises like never seen before and REAL DIALOGUE WOULD BEGIN, people would really begin to look at what went wrong and why our system broke and real change would begin to take place.<br><br><br>Given these two situations, since YOUR APPROACH of voting in favor of criminals and status quo has done NOTHING for this nation but lead it towards martial law and police state fascism, I say its time to try my way. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=masonicplot>MASONIC PLOT</A> at: 11/7/06 5:05 pm<br></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Postby pugzleyca3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:01 pm

"Imagine for a moment that tomorrow nobody showed up to vote."<br><br>Sounds good in theory, but everyone is NOT going to stop voting tomorrow! <br><br>Or next year or the next or the next. <br><br>This is what we have to deal with. It's reality now. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
pugzleyca3

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:10 pm

Yes and also everyone will not show up TO vote tomorrow. But MOST will NOT show up to vote tomorrow. So more people favor my approach than yours and its a known fact that your approach has gotten us into the @#%$ we are in. So whats it gonna be, Pugz? You voting for police state or freedom? <p></p><i></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:14 pm

Whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of  the people to alter or to abolish it,  and to institute new government, laying its  fundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall  seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.  (Thomas Jefferson) <br><br> Whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of  the people to alter or to abolish it,  and to institute new government, laying its  fundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall  seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.  (Thomas Jefferson) <br><br> Whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of  the people to alter or to abolish it,  and to institute new government, laying its  fundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall  seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.  (Thomas Jefferson) <br><br> Whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of  the people to alter or to abolish it,  and to institute new government, laying its  fundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall  seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.  (Thomas Jefferson) <br><br> Whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of  the people to alter or to abolish it,  and to institute new government, laying its  fundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall  seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.  (Thomas Jefferson) <p></p><i></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Postby pugzleyca3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:21 pm

They are not staying away from the polls because they favor your approach. That is the biggest strawman I've ever seen. Hang that one up in the corn field for cryin' out loud.<br><br>Most Americans have been asleep at the freaking wheel and since their personal lives visibly changed little from election to election, they are sitting on their butts and letting the rest of the voters choose for them.<br><br>Just like you are.<br><br>There's something at play here that we've never had before and that is the internet. The politicians are being policed by the people like never before. <br><br>I am hoping that tomorrow more people show up to vote than ever before because they want to effect change and because they are sick and tired of the status quo. <br><br>Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But staying home tomorrow will do nothing for your cause, that's for SURE.<br>You can bank on that. Or you can sit around wishing no one would vote.<br><br>See, you have to take reality and use it as best you can. <br><br>The system has been corrupted and broken because of the politicians not the people you blame for this sorry assed state of affairs. Not only do they get @#%$ on by the politicians when they try to exercise their voices by voting, here you are sitting around doing nothing except playing keyboard warrior and espousing something that will do NOTHING except guarantee all of Bush's cabal stays in office longer. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
pugzleyca3

Postby pugzleyca3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:28 pm

You can quote Thomas Jefferson all night long from behind that keyboard, but it will not do a thing to change things NOW. Tomorrow is the reality. <br><br>In order to get everyone to stop voting, you would need to ORGANIZE this, not just sit around hoping no one would vote.<br>It would take a huge campaign to sway those 100 million. I suggest you get started now, you have a looooooooong way to go. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
pugzleyca3

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:41 pm

In any case it was a healthy debate Pugz. In spite of my pretenious ways I do respect your dialogue and encourage you to always express yourself and feel free to criticize me as you see the need. That is not what is at issue here, this is not personal and it never will be. Open dialogue and debate is first and foremost the most important thing we all have and need to hang on to.<br><br>That said: May the best man win. Sadly we already know voting wont do any good, yet you and the rest of the 35% will keep doing it, hoping it makes a difference. Perhaps someday people will wise up and stop participating in the game, non participation, regardless of what you and Chiggerbit and the rest say, is an honorable approach and a powerpul political statement in and of itself.<br><br>Peace <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=masonicplot>MASONIC PLOT</A> at: 11/7/06 8:18 am<br></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Postby pugzleyca3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:49 pm

Masonic Plot, it is obvious that you believe in what you are saying. I believe it would work, too, if the people would do it. And if you believe in it that strongly, then get to work! Organize and make 2008 the day of no votes, that would send a message, but you need lots and lots of people to help you do this and you need money to do this, too.<br><br>If you truly believe in it, then follow your heart. I might even help you.<br><br>Peace to you too.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
pugzleyca3

to vote or not to vote

Postby km artlu » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:18 am

Kudos to Pugsley and MP for an informative and kind-hearted debate. More of that in this world would be good. <p></p><i></i>
km artlu

Re: to vote or not to vote

Postby rrapt » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:52 pm

Now read the Greg Palast screed above as contributed by dbefored, and see if you agree that Rove will do ANYTHING to retain power.<br><br>Palast says OK just raise the margin so high that it is insurmountable. He fails to note that fine tweaking was done up the the last minute and later by the rovian<br> central hacking bureau for the elections including and since 2000.<br><br>So prepare for a surprise, if one can call it that any more. New way - same as the old way, but with some upgrades. <br><br>I now wonder why I have no guns, water and food stashed in my basement. By the way, has it always been impossible to use an apostrophe in these comments? Just wondering. A drum beats whenever I try it. <p></p><i></i>
rrapt

What Karl Rove is not

Postby Avalon » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:49 pm

Election quote of the day, from Warren Ellis's BAD SIGNAL mailing list: <br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"Karl Rove is not Aleister Crowley, Severus Snape, Darth Vader or Satan. You can kill him by ensuring your vote is counted and being vigilant at your polling station." </em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>(via BoingBoing) (edited to fix html)<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=avalon@rigorousintuition>Avalon</A> at: 11/7/06 11:53 am<br></i>
Avalon

Re: What Karl Rove is not

Postby Dreams End » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:05 pm

Oh, Avalon, you could vote? I had two different breaks during the day but the line at the local polling place was out the door. I didn't have the hour or so it looked like it would take. Woman at Starbucks told me they didn't have enough machines and had called but no one would send them any more. <br><br>During the Presidential election I did not wait in line for a single minute.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Re: What Karl Rove is not

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:24 pm

Couldn't you vote early, DE in your state? It's fantastic! I really recommend it. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Stolen Elections