"Why Bush Won’t Be Impeached "

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"Why Bush Won’t Be Impeached "

Postby dbeach » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:05 am

No I have not popped my conspiracy headgear.<br><br>I saw this article and it got me upset.I then realize what it is..Its a trial baloon floated by this writer to discourage the TRUTH pursuit...<br><br>It blames the victim for their situation..which BTW was not created in any way by most Americans..<br><br>he shows the USA as a bunch of powerless citizens who already kiss the boot that kicks em..This is all PROPAGANDA .<br><br>clinton and bush are just different crime families who most likely smuggled dope through Arkansas together and are now more palsy<br><br>he also jabs LBJ and Nixon who were creeps but nothing compares to family bush..so again he gives bush more cover by blaming other villains....<br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.interventionmag.com/cms/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1123&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0&POSTNUKESID=2989b5199eca819b8a6b9c9e8f13d548">www.interventionmag.com/c...9e8f13d548</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> Article & Essay: Why Bush Won’t Be Impeached <br><br> <br> "Clinton was impeached for lying about sex; George Bush is not impeached for deceiving and misleading Americans and manipulating intelligence which has led to the death of nearly 2000 Americans.<br>By Mark Biskeborn<br><br> <br> <br>The Impeachment Process<br><br>The President can be removed from office through the process of impeachment. If Congress feels that the President has committed acts of "Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors" (U.S. Constitution) they can impeach him with a majority vote. Out of a total 435 congressmen, 231 are currently Republicans, 201 Democrats. An impeachment resembles a legal indictment, not a conviction, however, and not enough to remove the President from office alone.<br><br>The case then goes to the Senate. Overseen by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, the Senate reviews the case and votes whether or not to convict the President. If they vote in favor of conviction by a two-thirds margin, then the President is removed from office. However, this year, Republicans hold a 55-senate majority since the 2004 elections. <br>Fear and Trembling in America<br><br>Applying the law to Bush’s possible criminal actions depends mainly on the will and bravery of the American people. But until recently, the American people seem numbed into a self absorbed fear after the 9/11 attacks. If the American people supported Congressional hearings regarding Bush’s criminal activity, then and only then does impeachment and the application of the law seem possible. Democracy works only as well as its citizens are capable of keeping themselves informed, active, and brave. In the meantime, Americans express their bravery through "Support our Troops" stickers. <br><br>Recent history has shown that President Lyndon Johnson’s manipulation of the truth about the Vietnam War forced him to give up any ambition for re-election. Richard Nixon’s lies about Watergate forced him to resign from office. <br><br>By spending taxpayer’s money on military adventures, the Bush Administration has taken billions of dollars away from the people; dollars that could be put to better use in schools and other social and economic developments. More important, Bush’s war has killed tens of thousands of mostly innocent Iraqi civilians, thousands of U.S. soldiers, and squandered hundreds of billions of dollars which become the profits of a few government contracting corporations. <br><br>Under fear and trembling of terrorism, the American people have allowed the U.S. Governement to transform itself from the Republic its founders designed, and into an Imperium whose main mission aims to increase military power and supernational corporate profits through a "war on a continual and global scale," as Bush says; "Mission Accomplished." This certainly is not the America the Founding Fathers had in mind when they designed it. Is it really what we want now?<br><br>Most Americans haven't yet figured out that it's not the Middle Eastern terrorists who are the main danger to U.S. democracy but rather those in Washington who pretend to be defending our society. The latter are stealing both our money and freedom, not to mention the lives of U.S. soldiers by the thousands."<br><br>I also posted it to see if I need to calm down or if others think I should roar on??<br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Blog: View Blog (0)

Woodward & Bruckenheimer In The Funhouse

Postby robertdreed » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:08 am

"Out of a total 435 congressmen, 231 are currently Republicans, 201 Democrats. An impeachment resembles a legal indictment, not a conviction, however, and not enough to remove the President from office alone.<br><br>The case then goes to the Senate. Overseen by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, the Senate reviews the case and votes whether or not to convict the President. If they vote in favor of conviction by a two-thirds margin, then the President is removed from office. However, this year, Republicans hold a 55-senate majority since the 2004 elections."<br><br>I noticed the same thing, too. <br><br>Several years earlier, I noticed it about the Clinton impeachment. The Republicans didn't have the numbers.<br><br>One notable difference: Clinton was about times-and-a-half more popular. Maybe twice as popular. His numbers ran around 65-70 per cent during the indictment. Bush's are...well, the Republicans claim it's about an even split. <br><br>Not in California, though. Sometimes I wonder if they'll nuke Sacramento and the entire Legislature one afternoon, Republicans and all...maybe Arnold will be away in Santa Barbara and his life and career will be preserved that way, he doesn't even have to know what's up...<br><br>"They." "Them."<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 8/7/05 11:18 pm<br></i>
robertdreed

Govt. Of, By and For the Peeple? Ha!

Postby Starman » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:31 am

I don't see anything in this article that suggests it is discouraging the Truth movement. I agree with it, and don't even see anything esp. controversial about it. Saying, "Democracy works only as well as its people are capable of keeping themselves informed, active and brave," I think it cuts thru the primary problem of an electorate that have allowed themselves to be distracted, decieved, propagandized, disenfranchised, manipulated, sold-out, victimized, and made superfluous. Of COURSE we've all been subject to ultr-sophisticated, methodical and intricate programs and systems, ie. of dumbed-down educational 'learned' incompetance that bypasses critical thinking, media-disseminated models of faux American 'values' and situational 'get yours!' morality keyed to zero-sum game expectations, social codes of fake-bravery substituting for personal sacrifice and integrity, and pounded with the messages of self-indulgent materialist conformity lacking empathy and compassion, and a mass-media culture of homogenized, anthropocentric fables where Orwellian contradictions such as War is Peace have effectively supplanted plain-talking tell-it-like-it-is.<br><br>I'm not as apt as Biskeborn to attribute the present democratic crisis of political illegitimacy to a citizenry that have been rendered politically impotent through the fear and trembling of terrorism as much as a deliberately induced cynicism and the contemptuous consequences of a thoroughly corrupted and subverted electoral system dominated by the military-corporatocracy. My read is that a LOT of people are flat-out disgusted by the corruption and hypocrisy and special interests that have taken over Government. But essentially, I hold that it was citizens who sold-out, let themselves be lied to and cheated and bribed, who didn't demand accountability for all the excesses and atrocities and horrendous crimes and injustices that have occurred for the last 50+ years. If we ARE victims, it's only because we have been complicit, to the extent that we didn't resist or challenge the status-quo abuse of power.<br><br>Just as its taken decades for the rot and corruption to infect government and industry so thoroughly, it won't change back very quickly to something we can again recognize as standing for principles we can believe in and support, even with tremendous sacrifice and suffering, and laying our lives on the line.<br><br>But NOBODY can do this for us -- I fear we're gonna have to learn the true cost of liberty and justice all over again, the lessons we have squandered and forgotton.<br><br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
Starman

Return to Plame Investigation