Shinzo Abe

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Shinzo Abe

Postby Harvey » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:43 am

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/07/08/national/shinzo-abe-dead-nara-shooting/

Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe assassinated

Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe — one of the most consequential leaders in Japan’s postwar history — died Friday after being shot while he was giving a stump speech in the city of Nara. He was 67 years old.

As Japan’s longest-serving prime minister, the assassination of Abe just two days before the Upper House election has shaken the nation, with politicians of all stripes condemning the attack as an affront to democracy.

“I’m deeply saddened and lost for words,” Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said with red, swollen eyes following the news of Abe’s death. “We lost a great leader who loved the nation, looked to the future and made great achievements in various fields for the future of this country.”
“We must defend free and just elections, which are at the root of democracy. I will say this to the people until the very last moment of the campaign,” he said.

The police arrested the man suspected of killing Abe, who was giving a campaign speech in front of Yamato Saidaiji Station when the attack took place at around 11:30 a.m. Videos of the incident showed two shots being fired. Japan is known for having one of the strictest gun control laws in the world. The former prime minister was unconscious when he was transported via a medical helicopter to Nara Medical University Hospital in the city of Kashihara, south of central Nara, where he was pronounced dead on Friday afternoon in spite of hours of effort to save him.

After Abe’s death, doctors at Nara Medical University Hospital told reporters that he was already in a state of cardiopulmonary arrest when admitted to the hospital at 12:20 p.m., having sustained two gunshot wounds to the front of his neck. His heart was damaged by the gunshots, they said. He died at 5:03 p.m. from loss of blood, hospital surgeon Hidetada Fukushima said, adding that doctors tried to resuscitate him and gave him massive blood transfusions.

Prior to Abe’s death, Kishida ordered ministers campaigning outside of Tokyo to return to the capital immediately, and convened a Cabinet meeting. Police arrested the suspect, Tetsuya Yamagami, a 41-year-old resident of the city of Nara, on suspicion of murder and confiscated the gun. Government officials said Yamagami had been a member of the Maritime Self-Defense Force for three years until around 2005.

Yamagami told investigators he “had grievances” with the former prime minister and had intended to kill him. He also said, however, that he “did not resent Abe’s political beliefs.” The police found explosives in Yamagami’s home, NHK reported. The gun used in the attack appeared to be hand-made, with media footage showing what looked like two barrels wrapped in black tape lying on the ground after the attack. [etc]

During the assassination of former PM Shinzo Abe, everyone at the scene appeared to have been in some kind of trance, probably due to the temporary suspension of physics.

After looking at a variety of footage I found quite a close view. Have a look for yourselves (you'll have to copy and paste this odd url, RI can't recognise it): https://odysee.com/@EmrullahSarıyılmaz:5/shinzo-abe-assassination-(best-view)

I'm not a physics graduate but look at the directions in which his shirt moves, or merely try to reconcile the apparent path of the projectiles with the injuries described.

GR have a less obvious hot take than most but do have some interesting observations, caveats apply. Judging by the universal rhetorical response on 'extremisim' plus, more recently, the attempted assassination of Rushdie, both events would seem helpful to authority generally.

But for specifics, here's Corbett who's well placed for this story: https://corbettreport.substack.com/p/th ... assination and https://www.corbettreport.com/the-assassination-of-abe/

And Saker has a wider perspective: https://thesaker.is/while-the-saker-blo ... ilitarize/
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Re: Shinzo Abe

Postby cptmarginal » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:16 am

I'm not convinced at all that the Unification Church was a central motive here. It's a little bit too convenient for me, and so many people have just accepted it unquestioningly. You can't trust anything coming from anonymous NPA sources; this is why we never really got to the bottom of Aum Shinrikyo.

It's far easier to draw a connection between Abe and Mahikari, for example, with multiple points of evidence. Sure the Unification Church had some level of influence over dozens of politicians but the shake-up caused by this "revelation" surely has somebody smiling. I'm not asserting or implying that Mahikari had anything to do with his assassination; just that we really can't trust the simplistic Unification Church motive.

-

"Nippon Kaigi is Japan’s largest ultranationalist organization and lobby... Shinzō Abe served as a special advisor to the group's parliamentary league."

Keishu Okada, the daughter of Mahikari founder Yoshikazu Okada, is a member of the Nippon Kaigi representative committee.

Tamotsu Sugano (whose book on Nippon Kaigi was censored, and who was later arrested) asserted that "during the recent rally for constitutional reform organized on 10 November 2015 at Nihon Budōkan, Sūkyō Mahikari mobilized three thousand of its followers"

Abe addressed the crowd, too.

Mahikari specifically claim Abe on one of their websites:

"Two former prime ministers of Japan, and the current Prime Minister Abe are practitioners of Sukyo Mahikari, as are six of his current cabinet members... Mahikari has special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)"
cptmarginal

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Assassinations and Suspicious Deaths