Laura Bush killed first fiance, was never charged

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Snopes on Bush & the Bay Of Pigs Thing

Postby OnoI812 » Tue May 24, 2005 11:18 pm

Tabasco- I agree with your summary of snopes. I'd like to add the way the site is presented as dealing with "Urban Legend" brings on the connotation that the stories originate from a pair of barflys closing down a smoky establishment in the wee hours. People hear legend and think myth.<br>That being said , most of the innocuous stories on the site, are urban legend. I take exeption when they lump in the more serious subjects. It's akin to the weekly world news or some other tabloids that deal with crazy alien stories or Jesus sightings, slipping in serious stories about biochips or other tracking technologies. <br><br>That gives me a clue as to their intent.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
OnoI812

Blog: View Blog (0)

Use with caution

Postby Ferry Fey » Tue May 24, 2005 11:57 pm

Snopes is good for the majority of things that come their way, the sort of mainstream urban legends that keep circulating, especially with the Net to help push them around fast. Most of us have friends who are not that Net-savvy and who pass on the occasional fake virus warning or phony story that's ripe for a Snopes debunking. You can suggest that they check out Snopes next time before circulating such rubbish, and it it will usually suffice.<br><br>I know there have been a couple of times when I know some better-corroborated information than they were presenting, and documented it thoroughly for them. I never got a reply though, nor saw any change in their stories.<br><br>Caveat lector, as with most websites.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Ferry Fey

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Assassinations and Suspicious Deaths