Bobby Kennedy Movie

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bobby Kennedy Movie

Postby steve vegas » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:58 am

Interesting article about what should be an interesting project. I'm posting the link because there's a <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>really interesting</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> bit about the filmmaker/writer checking into a Pismo Beach motel to try and work his way out of writers block. The proprietor turns out to have been at the Ambassador the day RFK was executed. Synchronicity?<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/01/movies/MoviesFeatures/01bobb.html?adxnnl=0&oref=login&adxnnlx=1133449277-EykX+gWpArSkcuMcQNZh9w&pagewanted=print">www.nytimes.com/2005/12/0...nted=print</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Login might be necessary - this should work<br><br>username: tennisb<br>password: tennis123 <p></p><i></i>
steve vegas

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Bobby Kennedy Movie

Postby FourthBase » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:10 am

Ugggh, we need a movie about how the country would be if Bobby and all the others hadn't been assassinated. Gotta stop sucking history's evil cock, and start imagining how it should have been. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Postby anotherdrew » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:30 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>...we need a movie about how the country would be if Bobby and all the others hadn't been assassinated....and start imagining how it should have been.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I've been thinking the same way for a while... positive projections of what could have been/should yet be are needed and are in short supply lately. It has become a very difficult act to project a future and call it "good", the set of elements that most poeple would agree on as being 'good' keeps shrinking or elements being compromised. The next great hero of story will need to have the nature of the entrie environment imagined as well as the hero's particular efforts. Who can imagine a single lone hero changing things for the better today? It will take a network of thousands of heros. <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

Postby steve vegas » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:37 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>we need a movie about how the country would be if Bobby and all the others hadn't been assassinated<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>that's a <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>really, really, interesting</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> idea...it is pathetic to keep going back over the same material and lament about all that we lost...I'd really like to see a serious treatment of exactly WTF went down...I guess those type of movies don't ever get made...I wound up feeling like JFK was just subeterfuge, a study of dementia as projected onto the Garrison character by Stone...anyway...I thought it was funny that Estevez met that woman...no escaping the coincedences, even when you're not really trying to scratch any deeper than the surface...the RFK snuff job cover story was SO crazy and lame, and the fact that Sirhan Sirhan is still alive, it just blows my mind<br>. <p></p><i></i>
steve vegas

Postby FourthBase » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:42 am

they assassinated rare humans whose intelligence, conscience, and charisma would score, say, 99 or 100 out of 100 on a curved scale. But if one thousand of us with a score of say, 90 out of 100 were to band together, we could equal one RFK. Problem is, you can't vote for one thousand people as an entity, so political offices will always be a one-on-one battle.<br><br>We need a RI "Neo" who can reverse the assassinations.<br>Just to show us what should have happened...<br>And what is still possible, and needed. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Movie about what might have been

Postby Col Quisp » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:30 pm

Funny, I'd been thinking of writing such a script (not that it would get anywhere). But where's the plot? You need some sort of conflict to be resolved. Nobody would be interested in a film where everything is just ducky. It's the nature of storytelling, as much as I detest that theory. <br><br>Anyway, it would just depress people to see the way things might have been. But you never know, things might have been worse. There's another universe where the opposite happened, so take comfort in knowing that in some fragment of the multiverse, the assassinations did not occur. And in that universe, perhaps you were never born. Or perhaps the communists got the better of us and there's no global warming because there's no incentive for capitalist competition to spark advanced technology that burns up the ozone. Hey, wouldn't that be great? No Microsoft! The possibilities are endless. <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Re: Movie about what might have been

Postby FourthBase » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:39 pm

The conflict would be...<br><br>The JFK assassination takes place, but the plot to make Oswald a patsy is caught, the true culprits are arrested, they spill the beans, and over the course of a decade the whole oil-intelligence power structure begins to unravel. Scores of CIA and military officials and oil businessmen and other accomplices and conspirators are arrested and put on trial for treason, and several are publicly executed. After that, the remaining BFEE make desperate attempts to undermine the new citizen government that has been established, and that's the conflict. Whoever the paymasters of the BFEE are, they are not happy that America has slipped from their grasp, and they will keep trying to assassinate leaders and sabotage real democracy. But luckily, every American is aware of that, and so the entire nation helps protect the prime targets like RFK and MLK. RFK is elected president, serves two terms. Ted Kennedy nevers gets set up on the vineyard, he runs for president after Bobby. He wins, serves two, and his running mate MLK wins the next two. The 60's civil rights organizations are never fatally infiltrated and sabotaged (because the police state has been dismantled). I don't see what's wrong with imagining a hunky dorey universe. There's a new dystopia written and filmed every fucking day, and I can't remember the last new utopia I've encountered. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Postby Col Quisp » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:17 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>There's a new dystopia written and filmed every fucking day, and I can't remember the last new utopia I've encountered.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Because people pay to see dystopian movies and read dystopian books. They don't pay to see utopia. So utopian movies and books will not be available. Write one and see if it gets published!<br><br>People are attracted to the morbid. That's why we rubberneck at accidents and are drawn to discussion boards such as this.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Postby FourthBase » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:28 pm

But it would be a utopia won in a battle against the dystopia.<br>There would still be a villainous core attempting to maintain control.<br>It wouldn't all be sunshine and bubbles. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Movie about what might have been

Postby steve vegas » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:09 pm

I think people also pay to see movies where good triumphs over evil. Clearly a movie where utopia triumphs over dystopia can be seen as a classic white v. black, good triumphs over evil drama. I'd argue many of the all-time top-grossing films cover this ground. I'm pretty sure people all over the world would pay to see a movie in which JFK doesn't get croaked and the all the evil illuminati vampires hiding in their space station get shot down by a modern day Luke Skywalker with a homemade rocket launcher. Just rewrite Red Dawn, but recast it so the citizens are fighting the real evil empire. Just envision a world where Ronald Raygun never gets the chance to call catsup a vegetable, or claim that trees cause more smog than car exhaust. I'd go see it three or four times even if it sucked. <p></p><i></i>
steve vegas

Should Oliver Stone make RFK?

Postby MinM » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:13 am

Earth-704509
MinM

RFK: The Movie

Postby MinM » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 am

As Lisa Pease points out in the interview and article linked below -- the RFK case is much less convoluted than the JFK case. So if you show Thane Eugene Cesar firing from the only spot that Thomas Noguchi determined the fatal shot came from, and RFK with Cesar's tie next to him after a futile attempt to grab his killer, Game Over.
Show #554
Original airdate: Nov 27, 2011
Guest: Jim DiEugenio, Lisa Pease, Ira David Wood III
Topics: J. Edgar, RFK, The JFK Assassination Chronology

# Play Part Two - Lisa Pease (40:10) Real Media or MP3 download

# Lisa discusses her RFK case article in Salon magazine (Nov 21, 2011)
# It's impossible to paint Sirhan as the killer, Robert Kennedy was shot from behind from one to six inches away
# Researchers spend years, most reporters don't have the time to research the truth, without a guide
# Start occupying the public mind-space around conspiracy theory, historical investigation, legitimate theories
# The assassination of Dag Hammarskjold, the UN Secretary-General, the plot to overthrow Patrice Lumumba in the Congo
# Kennedy was going to stand behind Lumumba, the CIA rushed to take him out, during Kennedy's transition period
# Hammarskjold's plane 'crashed', evidence that it was shot down, hitman Roland "Bud" Culligan, the Church Committee
# We should be looking into and talking about taking people out to change policy. make it harder for them to happen
# Recently, this Iranian plot to kill the Saudi ambassador on U.S. territory, a lot of journalists said 'smells like a setup'
# The Occupy Movement, here in Los Angeles, unusually festive, we are the 99 percent, the LA police have been fantastic
# Max Holland, JFK: The Lost Bullet, these programs don't have to be good, don't have to be accurate
# If I was Allen Dulles, I would constantly fill the media with theses stories, repeat it enough times
# Dealey Plaza, Nov 22, 2013, the Sixth Floor Museum is now taking over that space
# In this information war We need a lot more soldiers, send to your friends the links to the good articles
# Pick up Jim Douglass's book JFK & the Unspeakable (2008), best, latest, most condensed evidence in that case
# Oswald did not fire a rifle that day, he had no nitrates on his cheek, CIA involvement, using Oswald
# Laying a cover story in advance of the assassination, to trigger the cover-up among other agencies
# Author Hank Albarelli, writing a book about George Hunter White, a CIA operative, Oswald in Mexico

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black554b.mp3

http://www.salon.com/2011/11/21/the_oth ... onspiracy/

viewtopic.php?p=444872#p444872
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby MinM » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Earth-704509
MinM

Return to Assassinations and Suspicious Deaths