Is the NWO purposely using food poisoning in class warfar?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Is the NWO purposely using food poisoning in class warfar?

Postby darkbeforedawn » Sun May 08, 2005 12:58 am

Even the mainstreammedia has published numerous articles on the low quality of our food (specifically "fast" foods and processed foods) and the fact that it is to blame for most of our diseases and premature deaths. MSG is a known neuro toxin and the direct cause of obesity, yet it is allowed into our foodsupply in virtually unlimited amounts. Who eats this stuff? People too busy and too poor to cook and buy decent food--most of America. I came across this disturbing article recently:<br>Printer Friendly Version E-Mail This Article <br> Published on Friday, May 6, 2005 by MinutemanMedia.org <br>Industry's Influence Over Food Pyramid Hard to Stomach <br>by Kathryn Mulvey <br> <br>Many of us greeted the unveiling of the government’s new food pyramid with a mixture of puzzlement and confusion. Indeed, the dizzying layers of rainbow-colored lines helped distract from the fact that the food industry’s fingerprints are all over the new dietary guidelines—in ways that hurt rather than help consumers. <br><br>What most people don’t realize is that the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA’s) original vision for the pyramid included visual indicators to show people how often they should eat certain foods. Pastries and donuts, for example, would be marked “occasional.” But these guidelines are now nowhere to be found in the new “MyPyramid,” thanks to giant food corporations and their lobbyists. <br><br>Perhaps the most glaring evidence of the industry’s influence is the government’s refusal to recommend which foods not to eat, while putting a strong emphasis on individual responsibility. The only mention of unhealthy foods in new dietary guidelines is a gentle reminder to “know the limits on fats, sugars and salts.” Also missing are recommendations limiting the amount of food people eat. Considering that 28 percent of American men and 34 percent of women are obese, this omission is especially troubling. <br><br>But it doesn’t stop there. The government didn’t budget for a PR campaign to get the word out about its new nutritional guidelines. So guess who’s coming to the rescue? The food industry. McDonald’s, General Mills, Philip Morris/Altria’s Kraft Foods, and other food titans barely waited for the ink to dry on the new guidelines before volunteering their own PR machines to “raise awareness.” The Grocery Manufacturers of America—with members like Cargill and Philip Morris/Altria—also jumped in, offering to distribute posters and guides to reach 4 million kids. <br><br>The majority of food industry advertising spending goes toward aggressive promotion of sodas, candy, junk food snacks, alcoholic beverages and high-sugar desserts. In contrast, Big Food spends an insignificant amount marketing the main pillars of the food pyramid: fruits, vegetables, beans and grains. <br><br>We would feel uneasy giving Big Tobacco the reins to a government-sponsored tobacco control campaign. We should feel equally uneasy about the food industry’s heavy-handed involvement in the government’s official dietary guidelines. <br><br>America’s obesity epidemic is now the nation’s second leading cause of preventable deaths. U.S. government guidelines on food and nutrition should provide specific recommendations to limit foods high in sugar and salt, which can contribute to obesity and other serious health problems, including diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. <br><br>Our organization is currently supporting national and international regulations that would hold food manufacturers accountable for their contributions to the global obesity epidemic. We are working toward the implementation of the World Health Organization’s Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity, and Health, specifically measures to curtail the promotion of junk food and inform consumers about the dangers of foods high in sugar, salt and fat. <br><br>The USDA food pyramid is a trusted American icon that many of us first encounter in grade school. It then follows us throughout adulthood as we become parents ourselves, responsible for planning meals for our families. Something so essential to our well-being shouldn’t fall into the hands of the food industry -- or any other private industry whose bottom line could conflict with what’s best for our health. That’s what makes the food industry’s incredible influence over the government’s dietary guidelines so hard to stomach. <br><br>Kathryn Mulvey is the executive director of Corporate Accountability International (CAI), formerly Infact. CAI is a membership organization that protects people by waging campaigns challenging irresponsible and dangerous corporate actions around the world. www.stopcorporateabuse.org. <br><br>© 2005 Minuteman Media<br><br>###<br> <br> <br> <br> <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Re: Is the NWO purposely using food poisoning in class warfa

Postby michael meiring » Mon May 09, 2005 4:58 pm

well if 'they' can do this with impunity,<br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.datafilter.com/mc/c_healthNewsnetHumanExperimentationTimeline.html">www.datafilter.com/mc/c_h...eline.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.datafilter.com/mc/humanExperimentation.html">www.datafilter.com/mc/hum...ation.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>after all, these self elected guardians of knowledge refer to the massess as HUMAN CATTLE.<br><br>PS sleep easy. <p></p><i></i>
michael meiring

Blog: View Blog (0)

I think it goes without saying that this is the case.

Postby Jerky » Mon May 09, 2005 5:56 pm

Americans are steered towards a Genocide Diet. The culling of the herd is in full swing. <p></p><i></i>
Jerky

caveat emptor

Postby RDR » Mon May 09, 2005 9:33 pm

If you think things are bad these days, you ought to look at the historical record of food processing and preservation.<br><br>I think that overall, those technologies and regulations have improved in my lifetime. For instance, Americans now have nutritional labeling, to go along with the lists of ingredients printed on the vast majority of food products. <br><br>I have to eat graveyard shift road food all the time. I find my choices to often be awfully limited. But they're better than they used to be. <br><br>As always, if you don't trust the content, don't buy it. No one's forcing me to drink aspartame. I'm okay with tap water, for that matter...hmm, now there's an actual potential threat, degrading tap water quality. <p></p><i></i>
RDR

Re: caveat emptor

Postby tabasco1776 » Tue May 10, 2005 4:44 pm

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"if you don't trust the content, don't buy it."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>But the content of nine-tenths of the crap in any given <br>supermarket cannot truly be trusted. Most people cannot <br>afford the luxury of shopping in health food stores, and <br>there's not even any guarantee that the junk they're <br>peddling is much better. <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"No one's forcing me to drink aspartame."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>You're wrong. Aspartame is only required to be listed in <br>the ingredients of a product if it was an specific ingredient<br> utilized by the manufacturer of the product, NOT by the <br>manufacturer of an ingredient. MSG, aspartame, and other <br>excitotoxins are often ingredients <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>of the ingredients</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, <br>and thus evade being listed. <br><br>Many other powerful excitotoxins, such as L-cystine, require<br> no FDA labeling at all.<br><br>And then there's Acesulfame K and Sucralose (Splenda). The<br> list goes on. Until products are required to not only list <br>ingredients, but the ingredients of the ingredients, including<br> all unlabeled additives, pre-packaged food could literally <br>have anything in it.<br><br>To say that things were worse in the old days isn't much <br>comfort. <p></p><i></i>
tabasco1776

tabasco...

Postby RDR » Tue May 10, 2005 8:26 pm

good points. I'd like to learn more on how to avoid the "ingredients-inside the ingredients" trap... <p></p><i></i>
RDR

re. good point

Postby darkbeforedawn » Tue May 10, 2005 10:09 pm

To avoid these insidious additives, you have to buy unprocessed food and avoid all restaurants, premade items...nearly impossible. <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

monsanto corn: secret research shows toxic effects

Postby darkbeforedawn » Sat May 28, 2005 10:35 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.capetimes.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=272&fArticleId=2530096">www.capetimes.co.za/index...Id=2530096</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <br><br>all processed food has corn products in some form or another either as syrup or starch. read about secret tests showing health problems in rats <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

good point

Postby chiggerbit » Sat May 28, 2005 12:20 pm

"To avoid these insidious additives, you have to buy unprocessed food and avoid all restaurants, premade items...nearly impossible."<br><br><br>Well, not impossible by a long shot, as I found out when I discovered that I was gluten-intolerant (Celiac's), but it sure takes the fun out of eating. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

food posions

Postby michael meiring » Sat May 28, 2005 2:58 pm

It was a shock to me to know that lord sainsbury was head of the GM commitee in the UK. Now i know i am not the most intelligent of people, but even i could see the 'conflict of interest' here.<br><br>here we have the head of a supermarket chain heading up the GM 'investigation commitee'. SUUUUUUUUUURE.<br><br>just look at any can/tin of this reprocessed/regurgetated crap and check the E numbers. about 96% of every E number is a known carcinagen, and thats knowledge is made public if you can be bothered to go to your local council and prise the list off them, not to mention all the other known illnesses caused by these chemicals.<br><br>we are refered to as human cattle by these self elected leaders, why are people under the illusion that they have the citizens intrests at heart? its just pure black propaganda again.<br><br>even the 'fresh fruit and veg' in the supermarkets are fucll of toxins from the pestisides and chemicals, but then again the idea is to get 'perfect' looking fruit and veg on the shelves as thats what mrs jones is attracted to. <p></p><i></i>
michael meiring

of course

Postby peoplenotsheeple » Sun May 29, 2005 4:12 pm

Good post, dbd. Food and nutrition are pet issues of mine. (Family and friends tell me I should go back to school to be a nutritionist.) <br><br>Of course they're poisoning us. There's a mixture of greed, expediency, and deliberate conspiracy. The new Food Pyramid is just a somewhat better version of the agribiz-engineered "Four Food Groups." My problems with it include: <br><br>1) First, guidelines should be for <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>optimal</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> diet. We are so far from a truly healthy diet--it runs so against the grain (no pun intended) of our society--that we need much stronger recommendations, not limp-wristed suggestions such as "make half your grains whole grain." Why not <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>all</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> grains? Or at least, 80 percent of them? Nobody needs to eat refined grains. And in any case, when we want to eat such stuff, we don't need encouragement or permission from the government to do so. <br><br>2) The guidelines do not clearly explain how to determine whether a product is 100% whole grain, since products may legally be labeled "With Whole Grain" even though they might contain, say, 50% whole grain and 50% refined. <br><br><br>3) Milk and dairy: Not in any way necessary for human growth, development, or health, and harmful in many ways to a sizable part of the population (such as myself). While people should be free to consume dairy, it is not a "must" and at best, should be recommended in "limited" amounts. <br><br>4) The protein segment is of course dominated by meat--again, not necessary for human health, with drawbacks and lacking in many benefits of plant foods. <br><br>5) Oils: At least this pyramid acknowledges that some oils are good and essential, but it doesn't specify exactly which. It recomments "vegetable oils," but doesn't distinguish between the best and worst, Omega-3 and Omega-6 categories, processing methods, non-hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated, etc.<br><br>6) NOWHERE does the suggestion to eat organic, chemical-free, or non-GMO foods appear. <br><br><br>It's encouraging that there's at least a nod toward the best science on nutrition, but overall this is another conciliatory attempt to please everybody--most importantly, Big Agribiz and food processors. <p></p><i></i>
peoplenotsheeple

Return to Environment