More storms coming for US

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

More storms coming for US

Postby proldic » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:56 pm

CBC News Fri, 02 Sep 2005 <br><br>More storms coming for U.S.<br><br>Amid the unfolding disaster that is the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, there are now predictions that the U.S. should expect more storms over the next two months.<br><br>Researchers at Colorado State University said Friday there is a 43 per cent chance an intense hurricane will hit the U.S. coast in September, and a 15 per cent chance in October. They said the very active season we've seen to date is far from over.<br><br>One researcher, Philip Klotzbach, said by the time the 2005 hurricane season is over we will witness seasonal tropical cyclone activity at near record levels.<br><br>The forecasters predict five named storms - four of them hurricanes and two of those major - for September, traditionally the most active month for hurricanes.<br><br>For October, the team predicts three named storms, two hurricanes and one major hurricane.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2005/09/02/more_storms.html">www.cbc.ca/story/science/...torms.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
proldic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: More storms coming for US

Postby Dreams End » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:04 pm

I nominate Langly Virginia/Washington DC areas for the next hit. Unfortunately, they are a bit far inland, but if I had my Junior Scalar weather kit, I'd aim in that direction. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Re: More storms coming for US

Postby * » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:08 pm

<br> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"I nominate Langly Virginia/Washington DC areas for the next hit. Unfortunately, they are a bit far inland, but if I had my Junior Scalar weather kit, I'd aim in that direction."<br></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br><br> Maybe if we focus our collective will in that direction we can achieve similar results. After all, in the end it's ALL energy..... <p></p><i></i>

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Environment