Chomsky 'I'd support fascism to stop global warming'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

curious, qutb

Postby proldic » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:12 pm

what's your view on the Kennedy murders?<br><br>and of Chomsky's extensive written record on it? <p></p><i></i>
proldic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Chomsky shuffle

Postby InfernalOptimist » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:02 pm

Chomsky says pay no attention to conspiracies involving actual people because it's the institutions which are corrupt and need to be changed.<br><br>However, being shown institutions like CFR/Bilderbergers/Trilateral Comm which are planning these things in plain view he claims they're nothing. <p></p><i></i>
InfernalOptimist

Re: Chomsky shuffle

Postby Gouda » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:59 pm

My thoughts on the matter: <br><br>People are right to focus on Iraq, right to try again to stop War in general, but this should be part of a multi-front struggle. Perpetual anti-war activists/lifestylers and intellectuals miss the bigger picture in their efforts. Fixing the Bush/Iraq problem changes nothing systematically or spiritually, just as Live 8/Make Poverty History changes nothing. <br><br>Stop the Iraq War, remove Bush and Cheney, fine, fine – but, more Iraqs (and Serbias, and Kennedys, and Cedar-Orange-Etc "Revolutions") are inevitable until the most influential voices on the Left, like Chomsky, Zinn, Pilger, Cockburn, Albert, etc can get over their phobia of deeper politics, conspiracies and things that do go bump in the night. Maybe that is a wasted hope. <br><br>Americans may eventually believe they were lied to, that the Iraq war is not all it was cracked up to be, and that Bush/Cheney should be impeached - but it is a much harder thing, Qutb is right, for them to see/accept that the whole bloody system, intentionally or not, conspiratorially or not,has evolved against the better interests of earthlings and will be changed. What are the consequences of that? Don't know, but I think this needs to happen. <br><br>Because if the Left had had the intellectual honestyand the courage to pursue justice regarding 911 (and Kennedy), perhaps, just perhaps, in the best case scenario, some of the mojo would have been drained from the military-corporate war plans, domestic and foreign. Wishful thinking today, but how do we know? <br><br>We KNEW Iraq and Afghanistan were coming as we watched the towers fall. We let them come. We KNOW the psychology of the American people as well as the modus operandi of the military-media complex. Yet, we let them create facts on Sept 12th. And now we are left bitching (again!) about the aftermath of their arrogant domination with hundreds of thousands already in the ground. <br><br>That senior white house advisor was right when he said that they are history's actors, making reality while we sit around and analyze it. And they will act again. They will act again because they know that Naomi Klein and Counterpunch and Znet and Democracy Now will sidestep the painful reality of domestic government murder, thus giving the murderers the lead again, with us always chasing their trail of carnage.<br><br>We can get ourselves out of Iraq, but what's to keep us from getting ourselves terrorized into another war if we do not call them on their pearl harbors from day one? The failure to do so early on has only greased the skids into the sicko organized mayhem of which Iraq is only a part.<br><br>But I do also think that Qutb raises a very important issue: what would be the societal result of such a horrific grand exposure? Would we like the fallout? Who will be there to collect the pieces? I can’t imagine. <br> <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Re: Chomsky shuffle

Postby Gouda » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:03 pm

New voices need to rise up, replace the old leftys, and I think they are. <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Re: Swiss cheese

Postby Qutb » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:54 pm

Thanks for that 911Review site, DE. It looks interesting. <p><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:black;font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Qutb means "axis," "pole," "the center," which contains the periphery or is present in it. The qutb is a spiritual being, or function, which can reside in a human being or several human beings or a moment. It is the elusive mystery of how the divine gets delegated into the manifest world and obviously cannot be defined.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br></p><i></i>
Qutb

Re: Swiss cheese

Postby FourthBase » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:13 pm

Chomsky converses with my cousin, who's a fascist. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

chomsky's a crazy fuckin' machine

Postby glubglubglub » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:19 pm

from the personal experience of friends, at least in terms of 'productivity' and how much he gets done in such a length of time; at the very least, if you send him an email you'll get a response, and if you respond will likely get a response back, etc...<br><br>his reported activity level reminds me of sartre's, in that by the end of his life sartre cranked out writing all day, every day, consuming litres of coffee, amphetamines, etc.,...<br><br>Just saying, FourthBase, that Chomsky'll converse with just about anyone who takes the trouble to email and can put coherent sentences together. <p></p><i></i>
glubglubglub

Previous

Return to Environment