Earthquake in Iran

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Earthquake in Iran

Postby greencrow0 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:03 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4863372.stm">news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world...863372.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Reported at 6 on the Richter Scale.<br><br>Ironically, a couple of weeks or so ago, either on this forum or on the NYT forum, I predicted that an [HAARP created] earthquake could be one of the possible outcomes of the Iranian Oil Bourse....that and/or nuking Iraq.<br><br>I know, I know, it sounds too crazy to be true....but these are very evil people and if they CAN cause earthquakes and tsunamis...do you think they would hesitate to do it?<br><br>GC<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Earthquake in Iran

Postby darkbeforedawn » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:22 am

Thanks for this. It went through my mind, too, and no I don't put anything, not murder, not torture, not raping kids, not letting people die trapped in attics and rooftops and sports arenas, not nuking civilians, not genocide, not even tsunamis. They will harm anyone in their way or just for the heck of it. We're all gonna die folks, if these monsters have anything to say about it.... <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Postby PeterofLoneTree » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:38 am

Some folks expected it. Note the date:<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"Fears of post-eclipse quake send Turks flocking outdoors"<br>March 29, 2006</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"ANKARA -- Hundreds of people in northern Turkey are camping in tents, gripped by panic over rumors that a major quake will hit the region after Wednesday's total solar eclipse, local officials said. <br><br>"Seismologists flocked to the town of Niksar, in Tokat province, to debunk the rumors and calm the population, but many are determined to stay outdoors, Niksar's deputy mayor Abdullah Yildiz said. <br><br>"An obscure academic sparked the panic earlier this month when he wrote a letter to local authorities, warning that Wednesday's solar eclipse would be followed by an earthquake measuring up to 7.2 on the Richter scale with its epicenter in Niksar, according to media reports.<br><br>"The town, situated on a major seismological faultline, was virtually razed in a powerful tremor in 1939."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>Complete article at <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://tinyurl.com/kwb9c">tinyurl.com/kwb9c</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
PeterofLoneTree

Postby greencrow0 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:02 pm

I mean't nuking IRAN in my first post, not Iraq.<br><br>Thanks for that bit about the solar eclipse.<br><br>The Iranian people must be very spooked by now, what with their history with earthquakes and what happened in Bam.<br><br>Of course, we're ALL spooked by now with the evil ones in power...like that trio meeting in Cancun at the moment discussing 'borders'.<br><br>Gawd...to have these guys making decisions, makes my skin crawl.<br><br>GC <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

HAARP earthquakes and etc.

Postby zjurhgvc » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:21 pm

As an earth scientist I of course have trouble buying this, though I am familiar with the literature and keep an open mind. If it did exist, it would explain the several devastating earthquakes Iran has had in the last few years--seems rather unusual that Iran is hit harder, makes one more paranoid. Perhaps if earthquake-triggering is indeed possible, it is an extremely inexact science, one that is attempted on a regular basis but rarely works. Every earthquake is a chance to infiltrate touchy areas like Iran, Kashmir, and so forth. They also can help to wipe out resistance movements (Aceh, Indonesia) or foment widespread social upheaval, particularly in the case of a country that did not respond quickly enough to its people. From another angle, natural disasters certainly serve to bankrupt and destroy economies, making them more dependent on global banks.<br><br>I mean, I see motive and opportunity, but will reserve judgment on means. <p></p><i></i>
zjurhgvc

Return to Environment