BBC: Blackouts as US temperatures soar

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

BBC: Blackouts as US temperatures soar

Postby Bismillah » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:52 pm

Ruppert has been predicting that this would start happening precisely now (Summer 2006):<br><br>----------------<br><br>Blackouts as US temperatures soar <br><br>BBC, Monday, 24 July 2006<br> <br>Hundreds of thousands of people in different parts of the US continue to be affected by power outages as temperatures soar to record highs.<br> <br>In California, where temperatures reached 50C (122F) in places, the heat was blamed for at least four deaths. <br><br>The power grid was unable to cope with the increased demand for electricity, leading to widespread cuts. <br><br>In Missouri and New York, thousands are still without power after high temperatures and storms last week. <br><br>***On Sunday, power was restored to thousands of homes in the borough of Queens, but more than 5,000 customers (an estimated 20,000 people) remained without electricity for a seventh day.*** <br><br>It is not clear when power will be fully restored there. ...<br> <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5209276.stm">news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5209276.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
Bismillah

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: BBC: Blackouts as US temperatures soar

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:21 pm

We recieved a good portion of the storm here that knocked out power in Missouri, and it was pretty damn nasty. The power company in Missouri said it was the worst storm in that company's history. Don't know about all that, but it <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>was</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> pretty destructive here.. <p>____________________<br>Oderint, dum metuant</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Environment