Catherine Austin Fitts rips Al Gore for gross omissions.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Catherine Austin Fitts rips Al Gore for gross omissions.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:09 pm

(C.A. Fitts is dead on here as usual. I almost screamed this in the theater when 'An Inconvenient Truth' was ending with upbeat rock music and suggestions about turning down our thermostats and recycling.<br><br>Missing from Al Gore's sterile eco-disaster warning filled with psychic shock-absorbers <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>to prevent appropriate response</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> was <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>who the perps are that are still killing the planet and his hand in it.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>-HMW)<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/072406_source_hopelessness.shtml">www.fromthewilderness.com...ness.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>George Orwell once said that omission is the greatest form of lie.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Gore's omissions in An Inconvenient Truth are so extraordinary that it is hard to know where to start.<br>Watching An Inconvenient Truth is more useful for understanding how propaganda is made and used than for understanding the risks of global warming (I am not qualified to judge the scientific evidence here -- I am assuming that Gore's presentation on global warming is sound).<br><br>The fundamental lie that Al Gore is telling comes from defining our problem as environmental -- in this case global warming, whereas our environmental problems -- as real and important as they are -- are but a symptom of the problem, not the problem. Gore defines our problem as "what." He is silent on "who." For example, Gore does not ask or answer:<br><br> * Who is doing this?<br><br> * Who has been governing our planet this way and why?<br><br> * Cui bono? Who benefits?<br><br> * Who has suppressed alternative technologies resulting in our dependency on fossil fuels? Why?<br><br> * Who has generated how much financial capital generated from this damage?<br><br> * How did things get this bad without our changing? How much was related to fear of and dirty tricks of those in charge?<br><br> * How do we recapture resources that have been criminally drained and use them to invest in restoring environmental balance? <br><br>Utah Phillips once said, "The earth is not dying. It is being killed, and the people killing it have names and addresses." In one sentence, Utah Phillips told us more about global warming than Al Gore has told us in a lifetime of writing and speaking, let alone in An Inconvenient Truth.<br><br>Needless to say, Gore offers no names and addresses. Gore's "who" discussion is limited to population. He seems to imply that the issue is the growth in population combined with busy people being shortsighted, leading to some giant incompetency "accident." That makes it easy to avoid digging into the areas that would naturally follow from starting with "who" – which should lead to dissecting the relationship between environmental deterioration and the prevailing global investment model that is such a critical part of the governance infrastructure and incentive systems.<br><br>Gore walks us through timelines showing the global warming of temperatures. By defining the problem as simply environmental damage, and shrinking the history down to temperatures, there is no need to correlate environmental deterioration with the growth of the global financial system and the resulting centralization of economic and political power. The planet is being run by people who are intentionally killing it. Their power is their ability to offer all of us ways of making money by helping them kill it. Hence, understanding how the mechanics of the financial system and the accumulation of financial capital relate to environmental destruction is essential. If we integrate these deeper systems into an historical timeline, authentic solutions will begin to emerge. But Gore omits the deeper systems and the lessons of how we got here and in so doing closes the door on transformation.<br><br>For example, there is no place on Gore’s time line that shows:<br><br> * the creation of the Federal Reserve:<br><br> * the movement of currencies away from the gold standard:<br><br> * the growth of non-accountable fiat currency systems:<br><br> * the growth of consumer, mortgage and government debt;<br><br> * the growth in the superior rights of corporations over people and living things;<br><br> * the growth of "privatization" (which I call “piratization”);<br><br> * the subversive and sometimes violent suppression of renewable energy, housing and transportation technologies and innovations;<br><br> * the growth of the offshore financial system and the use of that system to launder and accumulate vast sums of pirated capital accumulated through the onshore destruction of communities.<br><br>Understanding the fundamental imbalance of the corporate model -- where enterprises have the rights of personhood, but not the finite existence of people or the legal responsibilities and liabilities -- and the corporate model's economic dependence on subsidy that drives up debt, economic warfare and the destruction of all living things is a critical piece to developing actions to reverse environmental damage. Al Gore is a man that has made money for corporations his entire life. He is a member in good standing of the Tapeworm and his current lifestyle and this documentary are rich with the resources that corporations can provide.<br><br>There is also no personal accountability. Al Gore has not “come clean.” There is no discussion of Gore's role in the Clinton Administration in facilitating worldwide economic centralization and warfare, and with it genocide and environmental destruction -- for example, there is no mention of The Rape Of Russia or the driving out of Washington of an investment model proposing to align places with capital markets to create a win-win economic model that he intimates is possible. For more, see my recently published case study on Tapeworm Economics, and the competition between two economic visions during the Clinton Administration, "Dillon, Read & the Aristocracy of Prison Profits".<br><br>The documentary ends with a long list of things that we can do. Many of these items are on my list. We all need to come clean in the process of evolving towards sustainability. However, without a new investment model and the governance changes that automatically follow, the result of An Inconvenient Truth is to teach us to be good consumers of global oil and consumer product corporations and banks and -- we are supposed to intuitively understand -- vote for Al Gore or the candidates he endorses. Gore draws us down a rabbit hole, which leaves us even more dependent on the people and institutions that created and profited from the problem in the first place. What that means is that the real solution will be significant depopulation. The viewer is left to preserve a bit of the shrinking American bubble to protect us from having to face the depopulation solutions underway (See above links on “The Rape Of Russia” and “Dillon , Read & The Aristocracy Of Prison Profits”.)<br><br>The way a tapeworm operates inside our bodies is to inject a chemical into its host that makes it crave what is good for the tapeworm and bad for the host. An Inconvenient Truth is an injection from the Tapeworm. Don’t see it and crave a new round of what has not worked before. Things are not hopeless. There is no need to waste time and money adoring and financing the people who are killing the planet, or counting on the politicians who protect them.<br><br>To get you started, let me recommend that you take the money and time that you would spend watching An Inconvenient Truth and invest it in reading or watching a few of many authentic leaders with useful maps and solutions that are leading to serious ecosystem healing and transformation:<br><br>Mind Control, Mind Freedom<br>By Jon Rappoport<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://jonrappoportstore.com/rappoport/product.php?productid=22&cat=1&page=1">jonrappoportstore.com/rap...amp;page=1</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Escaping the Matrix: How We the People Can Change the World<br>By Richard Moore<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.escapingthematrix.org">www.escapingthematrix.org</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cyberproject.org">www.cyberproject.org</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>America: From Freedom to Fascism<br>A documentary by Aaron Russo<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.freedomtofascism.com/">www.freedomtofascism.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>Scholars for 9/11 Truth<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.scholarsfor911truth.org/">www.scholarsfor911truth.org/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>[While there are some good people involved with the Scholars for 9/11 Truth, FTW does not endorse their editorial policy nor most of the research presented by them. - MK]<br><br>What The Bleep Do We Know?<br>A documentary by William Arntz, Betsy Chasse and Mark Vicente<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.whatthebleep.com/">www.whatthebleep.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Messages from Water<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.hado.net">www.hado.net</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>The Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee<br>Bill Murphy, Chris Powell<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.gata.org">www.gata.org</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Cynthia McKinney for Congress<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cynthiaforcongress.com/">www.cynthiaforcongress.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Ron Paul for Congress<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/">www.ronpaulforcongress.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Can you imagine what these folks could do and what could happen if we all invested 2 hours each and the price of a movie theatre ticket in their work? Can you imagine what would happen if all the money donated to Al Gore and candidates like him were invested in authentic leaders and our access to them? I can – and the truth and beauty of that future fills my life and work with hope.<br><br>Catherine Austin Fitts is President of Solari and may be contacted at www.solari.com <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hughmanateewins>Hugh Manatee Wins</A> at: 8/21/06 8:10 pm<br></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Catherine Austin Fitts rips Al Gore for gross omissions.

Postby Jezebelladonna » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:13 am

What the Bleep Do We Know is also an excellent study in propaganda films, brought to you entirely* by the good folks over at Ramtha's School of Enlightenment.<br><br>*Except for the interview with the professor at Columbia, who accused the Ramtha people (who wrote it, directed it, produced it and starred in it) of twisting his words to suit their aims from four hour interview in which he argued against them. <p></p><i></i>
Jezebelladonna

Postby Jezebelladonna » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:16 am

Ah! She also lists hado.net.<br><br>Don't even get me started on Emoto's non-peer-reviewed, methodologically unsound "messages" from water..... <p></p><i></i>
Jezebelladonna

Postby bvonahsen » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:21 am

Very nice Hugh, very nice post. Thanks<br><br>Going to take me a whiile to read this. BTW, I havn't seen the movie yet. Although I do have his power point presentation that was the basis for the movie. Didn't tell me anything I didn't already know so I wasn't really that motivated to see the movie. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby * » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:53 am

<br><br> I haven't been able to take Al <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>'Earth in the Balance'</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> Gore seriously since he cast the tie-breaking vote for NAFTA.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Postby HMKGrey » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:59 am

Thanks HMW. Great post. I have been taking issue with the Gore movie for a while and it's made me few new friends. Thankfully, Catherine Austin Fitts puts it rather better than I tend to so I'll steal liberally from her in the future. <br><br>Gore was at TED [ted.com] this year and all those soppy leftists couldn't get enough of him. But TED is a gatekeeper's conference anyway. <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Return to Environment