The Age of Autism: 'A pretty big secret'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Age of Autism: 'A pretty big secret'

Postby hmm » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:41 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.upi.com/ConsumerHealthDaily/view.php?StoryID=20051204-060313-6829r">www.upi.com/ConsumerHealt...0313-6829r</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>By DAN OLMSTED<br>UPI Senior Editor<br><br>CHICAGO, Dec. 7 (UPI) -- It's a far piece from the horse-and-buggies of Lancaster County, Pa., to the cars and freeways of Cook County, Ill.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>But thousands of children cared for by Homefirst Health Services in metropolitan Chicago have at least two things in common with thousands of Amish children in rural Lancaster: They have never been vaccinated. And they don't have autism.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>~snip~<br>he autism rate in Illinois public schools is 38 per 10,000, according to state Education Department data; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention puts the national rate of autism spectrum disorders at 1 in 166 -- 60 per 10,000.<br>~snip~<br>Schattauer seconded Eisenstein's observations. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"All I know is in my practice I don't see autism. There is no striking 1-in-166,"</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> he said.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>interesting article,i had seen mention of the amish data but this is new to me <p></p><i></i>
hmm

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Age of Autism: 'A pretty big secret'

Postby Iroquois » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:00 pm

The Amish aren't the only evidence for this either. Which is good, since proponents of vaccinations would argue either some particular resistence to autism in the Amish gene pool or environmental factors explaining the difference.<br><br>The following article is from by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (who wisely chose to make his mark in environmental activism rather than politics): <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0616-31.htm">www.commondreams.org/views05/0616-31.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>In China, where the disease was virtually unknown prior to the introduction of thimerosal (a preservative used in many vaccines and other medications believed to be the source of the neurological damage) by U.S. drug manufacturers in 1999, news reports indicate that there are now more than 1.8 million autistics. Although reliable numbers are hard to come by, autistic disorders also appear to be soaring in India, Argentina, Nicaragua and other developing countries that are now using thimerosal-laced vaccines. The World Health Organization continues to insist thimerosal is safe, but it promises to keep the possibility that it is linked to neurological disorders "under review."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>It's a powerful article and well worth reading, especially for how malleable "science" could be in protecting the use of vaccinations (and likewise the proffits of big pharma) despite the massive evidence of their detrimental affects.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"Science," says [Dr. Paul] Offit (who is both one of the CDC's top vaccination advisors and holds a patent on a vaccine), "is best left to scientists."<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Iroquois

When did they first start using thimerosol?

Postby banned » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:05 am

Truthfully, we are exposed to so damn many chemicals nowadays that trying to figure out which one causes autism is a daunting task. In the case of the Amish, many of whom are farmers, the lack of food preservatives/additives might account for the difference. But the info from China is definitely suggestive that thimerosol is a cause, if not the only one.<br><br>Now, since it's been known since hatters went mad from mercury that it's a nerve poison, why would they put it in vaccines to give children UNLESS they actually WANT more autistics in the population? <p></p><i></i>
banned

Mercury is so common that it must be covered up.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:18 am

The American Dental Assoc. doesn't want mercury to be demonized either.<br><br>In California one must sign a consent form stating you've been advised there are other types of filling without mercury if you'd like because the mercury in amalgam dental fillings is dangerous.<br>Many people are having their old mercury fillings removed and honest medical staff agree that is a good thing to do.<br><br>I had 8 mercury amalgam fillings put in and then was handed the PRE-notification form with "here, you hafta sign this" AFTER my head had been filled with mercury. I have yet to go back screaming to have them replaced but I intend to when I can stand the ordeal.<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

mercury and autism

Postby mother » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:21 pm

Since the 1970's autism is ever -increasing, and the evidence of its relation to vaccines is overwhelmingly in favor of vaccines being culpable. Also the cases of Alzeimer's have been on the rise. Those of you with small kids might note that it is not uncommon to be pressured into allowing the Dr. to give eight shots in one visit. Remember that teeny, weeny amounts of mercury can do huge neurological damage. One of our babies was harmed by a vaccine, but we are having success with treatment a la Generation rescue, every day our little guy gets better. I had the mercury removed from my teeth and the hideous migraines ceased. <p></p><i></i>
mother

Re: mercury and autism

Postby dragon feathers Jack » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:32 pm

vaccines were introduced following the violent removal of a lot of healing knowledges - or 'witchhunts' as they are better known,<br>also the way in which societies developed when they left the land and began to cram many people into small areas without proper sanitation or anything much very natural at all, led to the creation of many more diseases and spread and worsening of any existing ones that hadn't been a problem,<br><br>so we are still in the aftermath of all that wrong, today more people travel as well - and most places in the world aren't as disease-free as the more ''westernised'' areas have been in more recent times.<br><br>so its one wrong thing built on top of another wrongness, and same with most problems today it all needs to be attacked at the root - and the root is that our societies aren't built in or on natural self-sufficient anything, not for the most part.<br><br><br>autism i don't see as a disease, its a sane response to a sick world full of sick people going along with all the wrongness - i tried not to interact with this either but something or someone forced me to talk and communicate here from a young age. i mostly regret that, persoanlly i'd have had a better time if i just did what i had intended to and not responded at all to this evil sick reality.<br><br><br>so happens i just been typing some things kinda related to that, here at the CYE forum (i'm wesside II, the II is because some moron got my previous account and all the posts on it deleted) -<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264235/board/thread/30050372">www.imdb.com/title/tt0264...d/30050372</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
dragon feathers Jack

Return to Health