Drug firms 'inventing diseases'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The native Americans.

Postby slimmouse » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:50 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The pharmaceuticals descended on my hometown in the early nineties, consuming the beautiful landscape like a pack of screaming locusts; a small city of ticky-tacky tract homes fresh for the employees heralded their arrival, kicking out small farms and damn near everything else decent about the area. So much shit has been displaced around there that I hardly recognize it anymore. I fucking hate them and find it hard to choke back the bile rising in my throat just thinking about it.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> Thanks for the insight.<br><br> I suppose at least we both understand how the native Americans felt now <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: The native Americans.

Postby thoughtographer » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:58 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I suppose at least we both understand how the native Americans felt now<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>I see what you're saying, but I don't think I could <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>ever</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>really</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> understand that. Some years ago, a good friend and teacher of mine gave me a copy of <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">Changes in the Land: Indians, Colonists, and the Ecology of New England</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> by William Cronon, and it opened my eyes to a lot of issues to which I was only partially aware before and have since become even more interested in understanding. I suggest you check it out if it seems like your sort of thing. <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>
thoughtographer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Found a copy online......except...

Postby slimmouse » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:12 pm

<br> Just found a copy online, which hopefully, I will find time to look at later ( bedtime now ).<br><br><br> Online however, chapter 2 appears to be missing.<br><br> Anything of importance there ? <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Re: Found a copy online......except...

Postby thoughtographer » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:16 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Online however, chapter 2 appears to be missing.<br><br>Anything of importance there ?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>Where did you find it online? It's divided into three "parts", so either chapter two is missing from part two, or the whole of part two is missing. Either way, it's a sizable chunk of the work. <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>
thoughtographer

Last night.

Postby slimmouse » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:04 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Where did you find it online? It's divided into three "parts", so either chapter two is missing from part two, or the whole of part two is missing. Either way, it's a sizable chunk of the work.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> Apologies for the delay in response.<br><br> Last night, I threw a few words into a search engine, based upon your underlinings ( which didnt act as a link )and came up with a PDF format version of this work.<br><br> Unfortuneatly I never referenced or bookmarked the page, thinking that today, I would be able to find it again with ease.<br><br> Haha. <br><br> Cant find the damn thing now. <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Re: Last night.

Postby thoughtographer » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:57 pm

Ah, that's too bad. You can always buy it used. I'll let you know if I see it anywhere to read online. <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>
thoughtographer

Re: Rhodes scholar?

Postby lurkr665 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:44 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news-info.wustl.edu/news/page/normal/6517.html">news-info.wustl.edu/news/.../6517.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rsiss.net/ecology/changesinland.html">www.rsiss.net/ecology/changesinland.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>his web page...<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.geography.wisc.edu/faculty/cronon/welcome.html">www.geography.wisc.edu/fa...lcome.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
lurkr665

Re: Rhodes scholar?

Postby thoughtographer » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:56 am

Okay? <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>
thoughtographer

Previous

Return to Health