Bird Flu !

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bird Flu !

Postby slimmouse » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:38 am

<br> Interesting. Having spent billions on Bird flu vaccine, it appears that about 5 bucks a throw will sort this beast out for good.;<br><br> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>HANDWASH KILLS BIRD FLU BUG IN 30 SECONDS<br>Hope over £2.99 spray<br>By Greig Box<br><br>AN ORDINARY handwash costing just £2.99 can kill the bird flu virus in 30 seconds, tests have found.<br><br>No-Germs, a simple hand spray, has been on sale over the counter for two years. But when the H5N1 avian flu outbreak gathered pace among birds, No-Germs owners decided to test it against the virus.<br><br>The results, revealed yesterday, were remarkable - the handwash was more tha 99.8 per cent efficient in killing H5N1. The discovery has been heralded as a "major breakthrough" - particularly if the virus ever mutates into a human form.<br><br>Sean Campbell, managing director of the British company behind the product, said: "We are very excited.<br><br>"We tested the product against H5N1 on the off-chance. We were confident it would work as it kills most viruses, including hospital superbug MRSA.<br><br>"The tests are incredibly thorough and took a few months</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/">www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>tm_objectid=16968301%26method=<br>full%26siteid=66633%26headline=<br>handwash-kills-bird-flu-bug-in-30-seconds-name_page.<br>html <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

re: Bird Flu

Postby friend catcher » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:11 am

I think that the effectiveness of most handwashes has rarely been doubted in the clinical sense. When working as a cleaner at a large hospital in my student days, we were advised to use "Hibiscrub" as often as possible, as much to prevent transportation of bacteria/viruses as to prevent self infection. After clearing up a trail of blood left by a wrist slashing HIV patient I was assured by a junior doctor that most viruses were extremely fragile outside of a narrow environment and could be killed by exposure to air or a change in temperature of only 2-3 degrees. Comforting at the time.The viruses to watch out for were the airborne common cold/flu which no amount of hibiscrub would defend against. I think the assumption with bird flu is that it will transmit as an airborne pathogen hence the fear mongering, although all evidence so far points to a more solid means of transmission ie bird shit.<br> I think that in the early nineties research began on the history of Spanish Flu and there were attempts to resurrect it for 'study purposes' in cold perma-frost environments. Since then the notion of pandemic has been exploited with ever increasing regularity for purposes known and unknown.<br><br>My own interest at the moment is understanding how the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918- 19, which culled more than the trenches, in a quarter of the time,was forgotten so quickly. Very few history books ever gave it more than a passing reference - if that. <p></p><i></i>
friend catcher

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: re: Bird Flu

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:00 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>understanding how the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918- 19, which culled more than the trenches, in a quarter of the time,was forgotten so quickly<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>The craft of propaganda had become a working infrastructure during WWI and I would expect that unpleasantries that don't lead to marketing mass produced goods would get thrown in the memory hole.<br><br>The Powers That Be had to lie hard to sell WWI to the machinegun fodder masses and so getting back to happy images was probably the priority to keep authorities in place for the next war. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re:Bird Flu

Postby OpLan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:05 am

..can we trust them to use the soap?..all the birds I've watched bathing have been satisfied with a quick roll in a puddle..<br><br>sorry..that was a bit of a 'cheep shot' wasn't it..( cheep shot..bird flu jab..geddit? )<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.masterjules.net/aspirinflu.htm" target="top">here's</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> a story I read a while back when Bird Flu was the next big thing..I'm not sure how accurate his claims are though..He alleges that aspirin reduces the fever a body produces to fight a virus,allowing the virus time to multiply to a lethal number.<br><br>Another story I read was that the spanish flu was actually a result of reactions to a barrage of vaccinations<br><br>From <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.vran.org/vaccines/flu/flu-hyst1918.htm" target="top">Vaccination Risk Awareness Network</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Historians puzzle over the virulence of the “Spanish” flu versus deadly medical treatments used nearly 90 years ago. According to medical researcher Jim West, chloroform was used as a preservative in several orthodox cough syrups in 1918 and would convert to highly poisonous phosgene when oxidized, causing liver failure and various cancers.<br><br>Patrick J. Carroll wrote a piece in the August 5, 2003 edition of The Irish Examiner recounting relatively unknown vaccine history. He claimed that a report from then U.S. Secretary of War Henry L Stimson verified 63 deaths and 28,585 cases of hepatitis as a direct result of the WWI yellow fever vaccination program of only six months duration. Yellow Fever vaccination was only one of the 14 to 25 shots given to army recruits. Quoting from the article that can be accessed at http://www.vaclib.org/news/vaccinenotflu.htm<br>“Army records also reveal that after vaccination became compulsory in the U.S. Army in 1911, not only did typhoid increase rapidly but all other vaccinal diseases increased at an alarming rate. After America entered the war in 1917, the death rate from typhoid vaccination rose to the highest point in the history of the U.S. Army. The deaths occurred after the shots were given in sanitary American hospitals and well-supervised army camps in France, where sanitation had been practiced for years.<br><br>“The report of the Surgeon-General of the U.S. Army shows that during 1917 there were admitted into the army hospitals 19,608 men suffering from anti-typhoid inoculation and vaccinia. This takes no account of those whose vaccine diseases were attributed to other causes. <br><br>“The army doctors knew all these cases of disease and death were due to vaccination and were honest enough to admit it in their medical reports. When army doctors tried to suppress the symptoms of typhoid with a stronger vaccine, it caused a worse form of typhoid: Paratyphoid. But when they concocted an even stronger vaccine to suppress that one, they created an even worse disease: Spanish flu.”<br><br>As several other sources confirm, it was this newly-concocted typhoid vaccine, as well as several other vaccines, that were mass disseminated to allegedly protect a “panic-stricken” world from the disease-infected soldiers returning from WWI battlefields that triggered the 1918 flu pandemic<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
OpLan

Heard about this one.

Postby marykmusic » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:12 pm

My grandad told me, years ago, that his family refused to take any shots for anything. Because they were farmers, they were excluded from military service (would have been WWI conscientious objectors otherwise.)<br><br>Nobody got sick.<br><br>Neighbors in SE Nebraska that took the shots all lost family members... --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Return to Health