Morgellons, P.K. Dick and viral marketing... What gives?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Morgellons, P.K. Dick and viral marketing... What gives?

Postby JerkyLeBoeuf » Wed May 24, 2006 2:50 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://commercial-archive.com/129787.php">commercial-archive.com/129787.php</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
JerkyLeBoeuf

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Morgellons, P.K. Dick and viral marketing... What gives?

Postby thoughtographer » Wed May 24, 2006 4:15 pm

As I see it: marketers will be slime, and Philip K. Dickheads will be -- "fanatics". Business as usual. <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>
thoughtographer

Postby anotherdrew » Wed May 24, 2006 4:54 pm

I doubt it, Morgellons has been discussed for a year at least, likely more. What some people at slashdot think is not worth much unless it's a tech matter. <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

Postby thoughtographer » Wed May 24, 2006 4:57 pm

Yeah, I have my doubts about this being a marketing scheme. I'm leaning toward PKD's more paranoid tendencies being contagious, as they've always been. Slashdot is what it is, and it's always funny to see Slashdot rumors accepted as probable facts.<br><br>Thanks for nothing, "CmdrTaco". <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>
thoughtographer

Postby anotherdrew » Wed May 24, 2006 5:02 pm

at the same time, I'm not at all convinced "Morgellons" is a real disease. This talk of it clearing up when effected skin areas are casted to prevent scratching is fairly damning. <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

Postby thoughtographer » Wed May 24, 2006 5:04 pm

From what I've read, I have to agree with you. It's too bad the mental health establishment is so fucked up, because they would probably be able to help these people if "Morgellons" is indeed psychological in origin. <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>
thoughtographer

Postby Ted the dog » Wed May 24, 2006 5:10 pm

casted? you mean literally wrapped in plaster casts to prevent scratching? I haven't heard of that... <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

Re: ...

Postby thoughtographer » Wed May 24, 2006 5:21 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>casted? you mean literally wrapped in plaster casts to prevent scratching? I haven't heard of that...<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>In cases of persistant and compulsive scratching, doctors often take extreme measures to protect patients from themselves. I don't think it's the right approach, but definitely holds value in the sense that it helps to narrow down the cause of the itching the patient is feeling. I occasionally suffer from eczema, which oddly coincides with times of extreme stress in my life. If I were gullible enough to believe that I suffered from something like "Morgellons Disease" without rigorous testing, then I would be walking around with casts on my arms and legs at least one month out of the year because the stress and worry of having some crazy disease that most people don't even think exists would probably drive me to even more extreme scratching fits that usual. <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>
thoughtographer

Postby Ted the dog » Wed May 24, 2006 6:27 pm

oh ok..I see what you mean. that actually makes sense. so wouldn't the casting method kinda PROVE that it's a neurological disorder? (morgellan's, not eczema) <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

Re: ...

Postby thoughtographer » Wed May 24, 2006 6:34 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>so wouldn't the casting method kinda PROVE that it's a neurological disorder?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>Pretty much, but I suppose it could be argued that a similar approach to diagnosis hasn't been tried in every suspected case of "Morgellans". As far as I'm concerned, that's proof enough for me, and I'll be able to sleep comfortably tonight without having to worry about "chemtrails" giving me some vague cluster of symptoms that some people have assigned a name. <p><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"A crooked stick will cast a crooked shadow."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thoughtographer>thoughtographer</A> at: 5/24/06 4:34 pm<br></i>
thoughtographer

Return to Health