F. Matthias Alexander

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

F. Matthias Alexander

Postby Username » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:26 am

~
Photo Link

Someday I would like to come back to this thread and tell you about my personal experiences with The Alexander Technique and the ways it has helped me -- the astonishing revelations which occurred through the simple act of balancing the skull, correctly, atop my neck.

It's not really something so complicated that you must wait, and read, and read some more, and spend and spend and spend, to try out.

Here, I'll give you your first lesson. Step 1: Imagine you screw a little eyelet thingy into the top of your skull. Step 2: Tie a string onto the eyelet and send the other end of the string through a pulley which is attached to the ceiling. Step 3: Pull on the string. The string is pulling your head up. There will be no stress or a feeling of having to hold the pose if you accomplish this correctly.

You're welcome.

You don't have to be in pain to try it, but if you are in any sort of pain or discomfort, then please consider giving this a try, and if you can afford it, by all means, find yourself a teacher.

For now I'd like to turn you guys on to all the fantastic information I've found online in the way of videos and informational pages, blogs and even one of F.M.A.'s books, which I'm partway through atm.

First, a very good, 20 minute, introductory video, here.

(Found that one on this page.)

Then we have this website, which has links to everything Alexander.

Finally, compliments of google books - Man's Supreme Inheritance, by F. M. Alexander. First printing.......1918.

Enjoy!
~
Username

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Health