"Corporate Australia is turning to the occult"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"Corporate Australia is turning to the occult"

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:06 am

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>CEOs use magic, psychics</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>June 26<br><br>CORPORATE Australia is turning to the occult in a bid to boost its bottom line, employing psychics and witches as alternative business consultants.<br><br>Self-employed professionals, small business owners and executives in major, publicly listed companies are among those joining an expanding network of "covens" organised by businesswoman and self-described witch, Stacey Demarco. <br><br>The former public relations manager turned pagan and author of There's A Witch In The Boardroom said people were looking for new ways to combine spiritual values with their material success. <br><br>"There's a belief out there that you can't be spiritual and make money at the same time," Ms Demarco said. <br><br>"Our spiritual practice isn't like that." <br><br>Elsewhere, Sydney-based psychic and former lawyer, Alana Fairchild, is providing "intuitive diagnostics" sessions to large corporations, focusing on personnel issues. <br><br>Charging up to $385 per hour, she uses intuition to detect problems or "blockages" within the organisational structure. <br><br>"For me, it's all about relationships," she said. <br><br>"It's helping people go in and pick the places where they want to make changes." <br><br>She has encountered resistance to her ideas but does not believe it is any greater than the normal stumbling blocks faced by conventional business consultants. <br><br>"I think that comes with any kind of change process," Ms Fairchild said. <br><br>Fellow psychic Sally de Beche advises clients on major financial decisions based on "holographic images" of the business cycle.<br><br>"I see where the peaks are in a cycle and the best times to sell," she said. <br><br>"I think people are becoming more and more aware of what exists and more inclined to try something if the old methods aren't working." <br><br>Nick Plavsic, who runs Nest Furniture and Homewares, an importing business in Newtown, has been seeing Ms de Beche for 10 years. <br><br>"I wouldn't live or die by it but in business you need every bit of information you can get," he said. <br><br>Ms Demarco's coven meetings cover commercial issues as well as spiritual questions and also provide networking opportunities. <br><br>She dismissed comparisons with Freemasonry, arguing covens were open to all, regardless of sex. <br><br>However, like Freemasonry, coven members are reluctant to be identified and their activities remain shrouded in mystery. <br><br>"We're quite secretive because of the misunderstanding about who we are and what we do," Ms Demarco said. <br><br>In the past few years she has helped establish three large covens in Sydney and runs workshops on "business magic" from her offices in North Sydney. <br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://finance.news.com.au/story/0,10166,15727217-462,00.html" target="top">finance.news.com.au/story/0,10166,15727217-462,00.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Blog: View Blog (0)

Skill sets

Postby Avalon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:11 pm

While I don't (and probably wouldn't) employ them as a commercial tool as such, I do find that the skills that come from years of pagan activities are very useful in terms of reframing the issues in political conflicts or other institutional bodies. It helps to look at a problem as one of energy flow -- where is the energy stuck, what's the nature of the energy here, what would it take to make it flow better? A commitment to making sure all spaces are thought of as sacred spaces can keep both dialogue and actions on a higher plane than the expected one.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

it may be more than this

Postby glubglubglub » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:51 pm

but at the very minimum the occult functions as a sort of science of power that only works by participation in it, in the sense that there may be no real effect of making a hecatomb to baphomet before a crowd, if you can convince the crowd that there is an effect and you actually take the trouble to perform the ritual the irrationality factor kicks in and you get some effect in the crowd.<br><br>In some sense the sort of paranoia you find in a jack chick tract against the occult probably is based on reality (even if the rest is...probably not): someone more successful than you gets you involved in it by tempting you with more power/success than you have now, and whether or not that works (although it's presumably easier if it does work than otherwise) they also gain a bit of power over you (because they then can give you advice that you're likely to follow)...so my guess is that this one way that the 'black lodge' of sorts taps into the upper corporate echelons: if Joe CEO believes his astrologer gives good advice, and you control the astrologer, you've got some sort of pull with Joe.<br><br>Avalon: it's not surprising that (white lodge) stuff is useful; understanding of dynamics (as opposed to statics) has always been weak, and at an intuitive level the conceptual framework for doing so is not very thoroughly developed in the west, yet. <p></p><i></i>
glubglubglub

Return to Religion and the Occult