OTO Research Sources

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

OTO Research Sources

Postby thurnandtaxis » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:16 pm

I've been doing a bit of research on the Memphis-Mizraim Rite, with regards to its origins in freemasonry and mesmerism, and came across this site, compiled by Mr Peter Koenig:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://user.cyberlink.ch/~koenig/hallo.htm">user.cyberlink.ch/~koenig/hallo.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>It seems to be quite a dense accumulation of resources on the history of the OTO and as such is probably a good data bank for some of the RI community that wishes to explore this area further. <br><br>However, Mr. Koenig is not without his detractors who seem to find in his work a misguided emphasis on what is percieved as the somewhat <br>sexually perverse nature of this organization. A relevent dismissal of his assertaions can be found here, coming as they are from a rival associate:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.geocities.com/athens/parthenon/7069/koenig.html">www.geocities.com/athens/...oenig.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>That link itself comes from a rather esoteric aggregation of occult reviews found here from the Sword of Horus column of The Newaeon Newsletter:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.geocities.com/athens/parthenon/7069/swordhor.html">www.geocities.com/athens/...rdhor.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Hope this can be of some use/interest. I, myself, am rather impressed by these collections of esoterica and the insights to the philosophies and practices such adherants ( and certainly many other kindred mystical orders) share. <p></p><i></i>
thurnandtaxis

Blog: View Blog (0)

thanks

Postby lvx93 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:45 am

Thanks, though I've got to say from a personal anecdotal level, Thelemites are fucking perverts. I have never dealt with the OTO and not had something nasty involved.
lvx93

Postby biaothanatoi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:34 pm

Koenig's sources are good although I suspect that much is lost in the translation to English.

His 'detractors' are the usual suspects - occultists with a victim complex who bask in an invented history of oppression and persecution. As far as neopagans and occultists are concerned, historical analysis and critique of their own practices and beliefs are always an 'attack' by 'Christian fundamentalists'.
biaothanatoi

Postby OP ED » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:25 am

I resent that.

childish and uncalled for. my sexual preferences are well within the median [boring] region of the spectrum.

Some of the best historians and critics of occultism have been and are occultists.

defend your statements or apologize.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Return to Religion and the Occult