Backslidden Pastors and their Patronage of an Occult Woman

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Backslidden Pastors and their Patronage of an Occult Woman

Postby stefano » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:49 am

Submitted for discussion. FWIW I'm convinced that the accounts of the visits and offerings to this priestess are true; I'm agnostic about the effectiveness of the actual magic. This Obinna Akukwe is on a bit of a mission to expose the fraud of evangelical pastors, who make insane money in Nigeria. Excerpts, my bold.
________
Backslidden Pastors and their Patronage of a Port Harcourt Based Occult Woman

There is disturbing news within pastoral circles in Abuja concerning some backslidden colleagues whose recent patronage of a certain Port Harcourt based occult woman is a source of concern. This woman fabled with the ability to make people see visions of people's names, phone numbers, bank details, colors of ladies underwear and sundry secrets. After reading my recent article 'new style prophets : visions of phone numbers and ladies underwear', a pastor who was about to be initiated into the Port Harcourt Cult of Prophets, out of little fear of God, sought a second opinion on the issue. This pastor who has a small church in Abuja believes that the numerical strength of his church is not commensurate with his efforts and is desperate to try other means of succeeding in ministry. Therefore, he intended joining the group loyal to the mystery woman before my meeting with him.

Some pastors have confirmed to me that actually there is a woman in Port Harcourt who gives power to see visions and they mentioned the names of some colleagues that patronized her. This woman whom they claimed is so powerful that she can appear and disappear, will firstly demand some indecent sexual gratification from the prospective pastor as signs of loyalty, including sucking of certain organs. After the sexual affairs, she will make some animal cry and administer some other materials and the eyes of the patrons will open to see the spirit world and discuss with some strange beings. She indoctrinates them that there is nothing like heaven, hell or sin and that God kept lots of treasures in the water kingdom to help humanity in fashion, music, movies, politics, finance, health and pastoral work and only those bound by oath of loyalty and secrecy are eligible to access the treasures of the spirit world. They described pastors who are yet to join as slaves who will soon bow to the children of the illuminated.

Many pastors, both young and old ones are being lured into this Port Harcourt cult and within weeks what appears like miracles, prophesy and prosperity becomes regular feature in their congregation. Some notable pastors in Abuja have shamelessly joined the bandwagon while a others stuck to their other sources of powers. One of the recently initiated pastors mentioned the names of a bishop and a prophet patronized by top government officials within the presidency among those who convinced him to visit the woman. Rather than see the entire operation as demonic, he sees it as business and advised others to connect before the window closes.
[...]
This oil must be serviced and refreshed by constant homosexual, fornication and adulterous activities especially shortly before preaching. The second condition is that the pastor must emphasize on prosperity and motivational messages above the message of righteousness. The pastors will also return to give back a part of the proceeds as thanksgiving.
[...]
This overemphasis on prosperity is killing the churches that now some pastor flock to strange places for spiritual empowerment in order to belong to the class of super rich pastors, accompanied by lots of homosexual bodyguards. The generation that started the Pentecostal revival in Nigeria immediately after the Biafra war, gave birth to pastors like Uma Ukpai, Paul Nwachukwu, Austin Nwodika, Nicholas Ezeh, Williams Kumuyi, Enoch Adeboye, David Oyedepo, Mike Okonkwo and the late Archbishop Benson Idahosa , Prophet Gabriel Oduyemi, among others. The current generation is birthing pastors who flock to bar beach Lagos, Calabar, Kumasi, Ashanti, Tamale and some parts of Cameroun to receive powers.

If these Pentecostal fathers do not hasten to address this evil trend and arrest the influx of strange powers into the church, within the next five years, the Nigerian Church will become a branch of the Marine kingdom and the little fire of the Holy Spirit still remaining will be extinguished. The history of strange powers infiltrating the church started from Simon the Magnus (Acts 8 vs 9-24) who repented at the preaching of Philip but later according to church history as illustrated by Iraneaus and Justin Martyr became the author of strange signs in the church. However, the early church rose against it and temporarily checkmated it.
stefano

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Backslidden Pastors and their Patronage of an Occult Wom

Postby semper occultus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 am

....I saw this interesting doco. recently - the watch again video link even appears to still be functional :

Unreported World
Series 2011 | Episode 14 | Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/episode-guide/series-2011/episode-14

Miracles, expensive cars, exorcisms and bodyguards: religion is big business in Nigeria. Reporter Seyi Rhodes and director Matt Haan travel to Lagos to reveal the extraordinary world of the millionaire preachers.

By promoting a dream of escaping poverty, they have turned their churches into corporations, which are changing the face of Christianity.

Every Sunday millions of Nigerians crowd into thousands of competing churches. The team visits one church in Lagos run by Dr Sign Fireman, an up-and-coming preacher who is attempting to break into the big time.

They find 2000 people at an event billed as the Burial of Satan. After a rock-star entrance, Dr Fireman begins his service by exorcising the demons in his congregation.

Many Nigerian Pentecostal Christians believe that demons are the root cause of their problems in life and come to people like Dr Fireman to get rid of them. Over 20 men and women, including some who worked for Dr Fireman, have the evil spirits inside them expelled.

Sick members of the congregation come forward for miracle healing. Dr Fireman claims to have God-given powers that can change people's lives, from raising people from the dead to curing earache. One man tells the crowd he is crippled and blind. Dr Fireman then channels his powers to help the man walk and see again. Yet, earlier the team has seen the man walking unaided.

At the close of the event the crowd swarms forward and throws money at Dr Fireman's feet. There is so much cash it has to be collected in dustbins. Rhodes talks to one worshipper who says that those who give money are repaid by God with good fortune.

Some Nigerian Pentecostal Christians believe giving 10% of their income will bring God's blessing into their lives, their families and their businesses. With the service over, Dr Fireman leaves in his yellow 4x4 Hummer.

Through the marketing of his talents, Dr Fireman has expanded his Perfect Christianity Ministry to 40 branches. Key to this growth is the emphasis on prosperity preaching: teaching that prosperity is a sign of spiritual blessing. The idea is that to become rich, you should give money to the church.

Pentecostal and independent churches in Nigeria tap into the Nigerian dream: the aspiration of having and being seen to have cars, houses, money and power. To get more people to join his church, Dr Fireman believes portraying the right image is essential and shows the trappings of wealth his church has brought him. He travels everywhere with his bodyguards in one of his three yellow luxury cars, which have a combined worth of more than £150,000.

Dr Fireman's business model is not a new one. Most of the richest pastors in Nigeria use similar methods of expansion. The team meets Pastor Chris Okotie, the fifth richest pastor in the country, who had hits in the 80s with records such as Secret Love and Show Me Your Backside.

His church, House of God, attracts Nigerian film stars, celebrities and musicians. Pastor Okotie has used his power base to run for the last three presidential elections, believing the principles of prosperity preaching will provide a better future for Nigeria.

Local journalist Simon Ateba says it's almost impossible to establish their true wealth. Simon takes the team to the headquarters of Christ Embassy. He claims that two years ago when he tried to take photographs of the building, security guards dragged him inside and beat him until he fainted. Soon after he tells this story, security guards drag Rhodes into the building by his belt. He escapes unscathed.

The team visits Dr Fireman. He's busy in a music studio recording a new song as he expands his business into the music industry. Rhodes asks him how he can square his wealth and celebrity status with the teachings and life of Jesus.

Dr Fireman says that God wants him to be rich and denies that Jesus had a humble life. 'Jesus was rich and had an accountant who followed him around,' he tells Rhodes.

semper occultus

Re: Backslidden Pastors and their Patronage of an Occult Wom

Postby stefano » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:35 am

Thanks semper, Allegro... The connection with the prosperity gospel is very interesting, very anti-Christian (or Antichristian?) It ties in with Akukwe's bringing in the theme of sexual perversion. Although that last sin, sexual lust, is usually hidden or suppressed in evangelical pastors and communities, the other sins are celebrated proudly. They preach greed instead of poverty, pride instead of humility, war instead of peace and hate instead of love.

Akukwe has a new piece out that is quite a bit more out there than the previous one. About the mermaids or marine kingdoms I'll just say there are stories about Mobutu Sese Seko sacrificing babies (stillborn or sometimes alive) to the mermaid spirits in the Congo River, ordering helicopter pilots to fly out into the middle of the river at midnight and drop the babies into the water there.

Excerpts, my bold.
________
Nigerian Churches and the Rising Influence of Marine Spirits (1)

Marine Spirits are gradually penetrating and influencing the behavioral pattern of some churches in Nigeria. Marine spirits are generally referred to as spirits which have operational base in the waters. They are spirits thrown down from heaven (Rev 12 vs 12) and (13 vs 1) and made the oceans, seas, rivers, streams and lakes their abode. Those who are experts in the school of deliverance know that marine spirits are more difficult to detect than witchcraft spirit. The modus operandi of regular witches especially in Africa is very crude, brutal and dastardly. Witches are naturally very impatient-they want to do away with their victim quickly and return back to base.

Marine spirits are patient, subtle and most instances appear very civilized, mannered and cultured in operation. They control the fashion industry and celebrity related matters. A popular Nigerian musician Sir Victor Uwaifo gave insight into his famous album ''if you see mammy water o, make you no run away '' and the inspiration behind it. Narrating how he met mammy water (female water spirit) on Lagos Bar- Beach, Uwaifo said “I was then an adult working with the NTA Lagos after graduating from Yaba College of Technology and I usually went to the Bar Beach till late in the night. It was during one of my visits that I had an encounter with the mermaid. That melody was really from the mammy water and I was frightened to my bone marrows... very pretty and shiny. In fact, all that frightened me.

Despite the subtleties of the marine world, this kingdom is as wicked as the witchcraft kingdom. However, marine spirits, unlike witches, can patiently wait for a prey for years while enforcing a strategic plot of enticement, seduction, entrapment and merciless destruction. The marine kingdom is very rich . Witches are initially more interested in spreading misery than acquiring wealth and when they later realize their state of material lack, they brutally select a victim for destiny transfer, however, marine spirits present instant wealth, influence and affluence as part of their bait for membership.

The marine kingdom are generally strategic in nature, because a lot of their members have been converted due to constant prayers, holiness, deliverance , discipline and word of God in many churches, they devised other means of caging the church in Nigeria. Their purpose being to infiltrate the churches, quench the spirit of righteousness, holiness, contentment, prayer, love and care and replace it with the spirit of mammon, greed, corruption, immorality, jealousy, strife and lack of eternity consciousness. As far as I am concerned, they have captured a lot of churches in Nigeria. They have consciously and unconsciously packaged some men and women and sent them into churches to lead the pastors, prayer leaders, worship leaders, elders, deacons and deaconesses into sexual immorality. They use all sorts of spiritual excuses to explain away the acts and as such have driven away the Holy Spirit from many churches. Holiness, righteousness, purity, love, care and diligent search of the scriptures have been replaces by confess and possess, dance and possess, dream and possess and claim and possess attitude which is corrupting the originality of the commission of Jesus Christ.

There are three types of marine penetration in the churches; the first is where the pastor, priest or bishop is not aware that marine spirits are in operation. [...] The second level of penetration is where the pastor is aware and does not know how to get out of the situation. [...] The third penetration level is where the pastor is actually an agent of the marine kingdom. Such pastors brazenly indulge in acts of immorality and they resist any attempt to initiate the true fire of God in the system. They quote scriptures like ''judge not'', ''touch not my anointed'' and ''there is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus'', and present heresies of '' beware of being sin conscious'' to justify why they are condoning impurity in the system. They directly initiate their ardent followers into such kingdoms through a process that involves a gradual return to the vomit, accepting once more what was once rejected. Nigeria Christians should earnestly ask the Holy Spirit to deliver their soul from such contamination and save their souls from damnation especially when it is perfectly discerned that marine operations exists.
stefano

Return to Religion and the Occult