The Soviets are up to their old tricks in Iraq

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Soviets are up to their old tricks in Iraq

Postby jingofever » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:18 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061001/wl_mideast_afp/iraqusshiitesjesus">news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2006...iitesjesus</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>It may remind you of FM 30-31B.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Residents found a picture of "Buddy Jesus" from the 1999 film "Dogma" posted in the streets, accompanied by a badly photocopied pamphlet bearing a crude approximation of a US military crest and outlining a US "plan" to subjugate the neighborhood.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I suppose someone could theorize that in a parallel universe where the parallel Pentagon was responsible for FM 30-31B, they would ensure plausible deniability for any future documents of a similar nature. Maybe they could slap on a 'crude approximation of a US military crest' or something.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The pamphlets outlined a so-called plan to discredit the militias in the sprawling Baghdad slum of two million people, a stronghold of radical Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.<br><br>"Destabilize security in the militia areas with explosions and assassinations to create panic" and "killing, raping and kidnapping women" were all measures the pamphlet recommended to cause people to lose faith in the militias.<br><br>"Do not tell the suspect militias of these plans, but keep them among friendly forces," admonished the pamphlet.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>That last line is a bit ridiculous. Would someone really need to remind the perpetrators not to give the game away?<br><br>Both sides have their motives to produce such a pamphlet and both lack credibility so I cannot decide who is responsible. (both sides being insurgents versus the Soviets) <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Iraq