Ground being prepared for US pullout

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Ground being prepared for US pullout

Postby darkbeforedawn » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:44 pm

All I've got to say is it's about f$&#ing time<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1924928,00.html">www.guardian.co.uk/usa/st...28,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

I hope this is true but HuffPo readers don't believe it

Postby NavnDansk » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:04 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/10/17/former-us-secy-of-state-_n_31925.html=">www.huffingtonpost.com/20...1925.html=</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <br><br>Former US Secy. Of State James Baker: Iraq Is A "Helluva Mess"...<br><br>The Daily Telegraph | Posted October 17, 2006 11:54 PM<br>READ MORE: Iraq<br><br>FORMER US secretary of state James Baker was visibly shocked when he last visited Iraq, and said the country was in a "helluva mess", the BBC reported today.<br><br>Mr Baker is leading a review of the situation in Iraq by a bipartisan US committee of experts, and is expected to..<br><br>This is another worthless fuck. It was said today that he was part of a bilateral commission. There is nothing bilateral with this crook. He helped hijack this country for his benefactors. No shit stupid, "Iraq is a helluva mess", You caused it.<br><br>=<br>It's a helluva mess, but my commission is going to figure out how to fix it. Of course, we can't tell you all how until after the mid-term elections because our solution looks just like what Dems have been saying for years.<br><br>=<br>No shit Sherlock. What was your first clue? The fact that this jack ass Bushco enabler can come in two fucking years after the fact and say "iraq is a helluva mess" confounds me. Someone slap him and make sure he is awake now.<br><br>= Wait a damn minute!<br><br>Thought it was like driving around Manhattan!<br><br>Which one of these Repukes is lying now??<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
NavnDansk

Blog: View Blog (0)

The Corporate Media is allowing the fact

Postby NavnDansk » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:21 pm

that even soldiers are questioning our presence in Iraq to be known so maybe there is hope that this slaughter will end:<br><br>MSNBC 10-18:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Violence escalates in Iraq<br><br>Oct. 18: At least 11 more Americans are dead in Iraq in a bloody week and an awful month. NBC's Jim Miklaszewski report<br><br>Who's the enemy? <br>Oct. 18: Discerning the enemy is becoming more complicated and more U.S. troops are wondering why they're in Iraq. NBC's Richard Engel reports.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
NavnDansk

Re: The Corporate Media is allowing the fact

Postby Gouda » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:55 am

DBD, did you happen to see this analysis from the <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm10.showMessage?topicID=6493.topic"><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>RIEZB News Agency</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> posted a few days ago? <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

WHO is Behind the Death Squads in Iraq?

Postby NavnDansk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:01 am

WHO is Behind the Death Squads in Iraq?<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigoro">p216.ezboard.com/frigoro</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->usintuitionfrm24.showMessage?topicID=288.topic=June 26, 2006<br><br>US Collusion with Iraqi Death Squads<br>Diyala - A Laboratory of Civil War? <p></p><i></i>
NavnDansk

Re: WHO is Behind the Death Squads in Iraq?

Postby Dreams End » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:36 am

James Baker...James Baker...that name rings a bell. <br><br>Oh...it wouldn't be THIS James Baker would it?<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Like everyone else in the United States, the group stood transfixed as the events of September 11 unfolded. Present were former secretary of defense Frank Carlucci, former secretary of state James Baker III, and representatives of the bin Laden family. This was not some underground presidential bunker or Central Intelligence Agency interrogation room. It was the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, D.C., the plush setting for the annual investor conference of one of the most powerful, well-connected, and secretive companies in the world: the Carlyle Group. And since September 11, this little-known company has become unexpectedly important.<br><br>That the Carlyle Group had its conference on America's darkest day was mere coincidence (sic), but there is nothing accidental about the cast of characters that this private-equity powerhouse has assembled in the 14 years since its founding. Among those associated with Carlyle are former U.S. president George Bush Sr., former U.K. prime minister John Major, and former president of the Philippines Fidel Ramos. And Carlyle has counted George Soros, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Alsaud of Saudi Arabia, and Osama bin Laden's estranged family among its high-profile clientele. The group has been able to parlay its political clout into a lucrative buyout practice (in other words, purchasing struggling companies, turning them around, and selling them for huge profits)--everything from defense contractors to telecommunications and aerospace companies. It is a kind of ruthless investing made popular by the movie Wall Street, and any industry that relies heavily on government regulation is fair game for Carlyle's brand of access capitalism. Carlyle has established itself as the gatekeeper between private business interests and U.S. defense spending. And as the Carlyle investors watched the World Trade towers go down, the group's prospects went up.<br><br>- ADVERTISEMENT -<br><br>In running what its own marketing literature spookily calls "a vast, interlocking, global network of businesses and investment professionals" that operates within the so-called iron triangle of industry, government, and the military, the Carlyle Group leaves itself open to any number of conflicts of interest and stunning ironies. For example, it is hard to ignore the fact that Osama bin Laden's family members, who renounced their son ten years ago, stood to gain financially from the war being waged against him until late October, when public criticism of the relationship forced them to liquidate their holdings in the firm. Or consider that U.S. president George W. Bush is in a position to make budgetary decisions that could pad his father's bank account. But for the Carlyle Group, walking that narrow line is the art of doing business at the murky intersection of Washington politics, national security, and private capital; mastering it has enabled the group to amass $12 billion in funds under management. But while successful in the traditional private-equity avenue of corporate buyouts, Carlyle has recently set its sites on venture capital with less success. The firm is finding that all the politicians in the world won't help it identify an emerging technology or a winning business model.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>This is yet more evidence of how the establishment tossed Bush out there to do the dirty work and now is reigning him back in. <br><br>Who else is a big investor in Carlysle? George Soros? But isn't he...I mean doesn't he.....<br><br><br>Politics is a stage and the men and women merely players. The "pragmatic faction"...Baker, George Sr., the CIA...they are coming to rescue us. Go team.....<br><br>Bleh. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby Gouda » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:53 pm

Shakespeare do I hear? <br><br>Chris Floyd offers this in a counterpunch article from 2004: <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The neocons were happy to be used, of course – although they may be less happy when the Bushists, ever-faithless, offer them up as legal sacrifices in the Plame-gate and Chalabi-gate affairs. Shakespeare anticipated this tawdry crew long ago, in Hamlet: "Such officers do the king best service in the end: he keeps them, like an ape, in the corner of his jaw, first mouthed, to be last swallowed. When he needs what you have gleaned, it is but squeezing you, and sponge, you shall be dry again." <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.counterpunch.org/floyd06182004.html">www.counterpunch.org/floyd06182004.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>And more recently: <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Why Bush Smiles: Victory is at Hand in Iraq </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article15328.htm">www.informationclearingho...e15328.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Floyd is probably missing some deeper levels and layers above and behind Bush and longer-term geo-strategic interests (not that I know what those are, but I wish he would apply himself there) yet I think he kind of has the right idea at the scope he is working with. I can't wait to hear more about this: <!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Indeed, there is much evidence that one of the prime instigators of the wanton killing is a group created and long nurtured by the Bush Administration itself: the <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Facilities Protection Service</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, an army of uniformed freebooters nearly 150,000 strong. (I'll be writing more on this later.) <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby darkbeforedawn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:10 pm

Great Shakespear. Just wish these Bushists would hurry up and start chewing these reptiles up and spitting them out....Then maybe the rest of us can extend the courtsey to King B jr. himself. <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Return to Iraq