1999 War Games Predicted Iraq Disaster

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

1999 War Games Predicted Iraq Disaster

Postby pepsified thinker » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:54 am

Here's the <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://">story</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>The jist of it is we knew a long time ago that we'd need 400,000 troops, and that even then things would probably go to @#%$ in Iraq. <br><br>Why this is coming out now is interesting--seems like someone doesn't like Bush and wants to hurt him/Republicans as much as possible just before the election. <br><br>I'm sure there are a lot of people who know/knew about this exercise--but given the recent editorials in the military's own newspapers against Rummy and what this war game supposedly showed clearly back then, seems like the push is aimed at Rumsfeld. <br><br>I'd hate him too, if I were in any of the armed services. Apart from political leanings, he's put them not between a rock and a hard spot, but <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>IN</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> a hard spot <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>IN</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> Iraq--and there are dead and wounded who shouldn't be, and a service that's worn to thread-bare @#%$ with guys serving two and three tours, AND--they're getting coopted into torture @#%$ then hung out to dry when it hits the fan. <br><br>There's no glory, no honor and no end to this mindless, ideologically, ego-driven pissing contest war. <br><br>And no seeming consideration for the grunts and officers who try to carry out the MISSION IMPOSSIBLE scenarios it entails.<br><br>UNLESS you count them for the purposes of <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_1372.shtml">making Haliburton richer</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->. <br><br>But I'm just ranting now. <br><br><br><br>Let me ask a question--what degree of 'surprise' come-from-behind wins for Republicans will we need to see for the election to count as stolen? How stolen does it have to be before we see some sit-ins and such? <p></p><i></i>
pepsified thinker

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Iraq