Back to the Future

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Back to the Future

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Fascinating. While I don't agree with the narrator's strident tone (I find it more unnerving than "alarming"), this certainly made me a look at a movie that I love and have seen anywhere from 15-20 times in a different light. I didn't find the JFK stuff very convincing, though I didn't know that Dealey Plaza also had a courthouse clock tower. And some of the 9/11 stuff felt forced. But some of the 9/11 stuff is downright eerie. I had never noticed the WTC in the TV screen, but that is definitely the lit silhouette of the Twin Towers. And that flame from the Statue of Liberty in the foreground is absolutely freaky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFM02ItYKbY
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Back to the Future

Postby BrandonD » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:11 pm

Do you know that the date in the future that they travel to in that movie happens to be October 21 of this year?

"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Back to the Future

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:38 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wonder if any changes will be made to Trump Tower on that date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_iL8TtPOt0
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Return to 9/11