Oliver Stone hints at darker 9/11 movie

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Oliver Stone hints at darker 9/11 movie

Postby Comfortably Numb » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:28 am

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>U.S. filmmaker Oliver Stone, who surprised many with the patriotic flavour of his new film World Trade Center, hinted in Moscow yesterday that he is considering a more controversial follow-up investigating the "conspiracy" around 9/11.<br><br>"There is a great story in a movie, a conspiracy by a group of people in the American administration who have an agenda and who used 9/11 to further that agenda," he told journalists in Russia.<br><br>There could be a "fascinating project [on] what happened after Sept. 11," the director said at his packed press conference on the fifth anniversary of the attacks.<br><br>Stone accused U.S. President George W. Bush of mishandling the fight against Osama bin Laden's militants and using the crisis to stoke fear and bolster his own power at home in a way that was "right out of George Orwell."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060912.NOTE12-2/TPStory/TPEntertainment/Movies/">www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060912.NOTE12-2/TPStory/TPEntertainment/Movies/</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=comfortablynumb@rigorousintuition>Comfortably Numb</A> at: 9/12/06 9:30 am<br></i>
Comfortably Numb

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Oliver Stone hints at darker 9/11 movie

Postby sunny » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:29 pm

Stone is realizing far too late that a truthful 9/11 movie would have made a lot more money. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Oliver Stone hints at darker 9/11 movie

Postby darkbeforedawn » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:31 pm

Good piont sunny--he's trying to jump on the wagon after it's left town!! He only likes to expose really DEAD conspiracy--not ones that are "still showing". <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Re: Stone hints at darker 9/11 movie. Again. He's hip.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:28 pm

I think Stone knows what we know and also realized that he was exactly the wrong person to do a 9/11 truth movie at this time.<br><br>Why? Because his taking on the JFK assassination earned him a major discrediting campaign as a 'wacky conspiracy theory tabloid movie maker.'<br><br>So he did us a HUGE favor by not carrying that flag for us (YET) and we should realize this and be grateful.<br><br>Recall that he left two little hints that he knows what we know winking at us in his supposedly all-cover story 9/11 movie, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>rescuers hearing bombs going off in the building and molten metal.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>But. Eventually it will be safe for him to do 9/11 truth and not sink our boat because it will be floating in the public's mind impervious to waves of disinfo and 'shoot the messenger' tactics.<br><br>And we're almost there. Be patient with Stone. He has to play it this way.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: Stone hints at darker 9/11 movie. Again. He's hip.

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:11 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em> I think Stone knows what we know and also realized that he was exactly the wrong person to do a 9/11 truth movie at this time.<br><br>Why? Because his taking on the JFK assassination earned him a major discrediting campaign as a 'wacky conspiracy theory tabloid movie maker.'</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>I think you're right, Hugh. Even just a few days ago I read a casual reference to Stone which pigeonholed him just that way. It's been 15 years since <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>JFK</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> and he's made nearly 10 movies in the meantime, but once "tinfoil," always tinfoil.<br><br>As usual under tyranny, perhaps the story may be best told by artists through metaphor and analogy. At least for now. That, I think, is the strength of the film version of <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>V for Vendetta</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->: the false-flag biological attack, which wasn't in the pre-9/11 graphic novel. ("It is he who suggests that the weapon be used not against an enemy of the country but rather the country itself. Three targets are chosen to maximize the impact of the attack....") <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rigorousintuition>Rigorous Intuition</A> at: 9/12/06 1:12 pm<br></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Stone's "The Day Reagan Was Shot"

Postby JD » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:28 pm

No doubt Stone slips small bits into his movies as homage to his tinfoil hat reputation. <br><br>A great example is this:<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271454/" target="top">www.imdb.com/title/tt0271454/</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>This Oliver Stone made-for-TV movie plays the Reagan Assassination attempt and Al Haig's subsequent "bumbling" purely straight and conventional; until the end. <br><br>At the end of the movie there is a newspaper which flashes up on screen for a couple of seconds. One of the secondary headlines of the newspaper says that Hinckley is connected to the Bush family. Blink and you'd miss it. The allusion is to this story:<br> <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.tomflocco.com/fs/HinckleyAndBush.htm" target="top">www.tomflocco.com/fs/HinckleyAndBush.htm</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>I laughed like heck when I saw it; it kind of invalidated the whole preceeding movie in one second. And probably the patrons who paid for the production of the movie never even noticed it!<br><br>I thought it might be interesting to really watch the movie in great detail to see if there are any other nuggets hiding in it, but have never taken the time to do it.<br> <p></p><i></i>
JD

Return to 9/11