Send BYU your opinion about curtailment of academic freedom

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Send BYU your opinion about curtailment of academic freedom

Postby darkbeforedawn » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:51 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://unicomm.byu.edu/president/feedback.aspx">unicomm.byu.edu/president/feedback.aspx</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Re: Send BYU your opinion about curtailment of academic free

Postby dranek7 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:36 pm

But isn't Brigham Young a school which is directly connected to the Mormons? How many non-Mormon or non-prostheletized students are there? Do young women still go there to get married by their sophomore year? There is no such thing as "academic freedom" if a school is governed by a religion. And seeing as how things like alcohol and caffeine consumption are tightly governed by the religion-state nexus, I wouldn't be surprised at the repressive actions of the university.<br> <br> <p></p><i></i>
dranek7

Blog: View Blog (0)

I should have said

Postby darkbeforedawn » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:50 pm

Send them your opinion about suspending Steven Jones for his stand on 9-ll, about which he has been extremely careful and intellectually honest. He has avoided drawing premature conclusions and his papers are triple peer reviewed. The proff who whipped up the "pancake" theory right about 9-11 has received nothing but acolades for his tripe. Steven Jones faces suspension for bringing out the truth. Everyone should support his brave actions by at least objecting strongly to his suspension. <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Return to 9/11