The 9/11 Conspiracy Nuts - Alex Cockburn

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Ok well let's get started.

Postby darkbeforedawn » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm

OK Pan, let's get started. How do we do this? I am not being sarcastic. What's a good plan. I've seen other people say things like "let's arrest them all" etc. etc. But how do we go about demanding consequences? I want to see them burn in hell in a vat of their own feces. <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

The burden of proof lies where?

Postby Bismillah » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:26 pm

We could start by remembering two things that are very obvious, but now completely forgotten: <br><br>1) The burden of proof lies with the prosecution. <br><br>2) "Conspiracy theorists" are under NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to provide an alternative account of what happened on 9/11.<br><br>Q. So how strong is the Bush Gang's case against the alleged hijackers? <br><br>A. Ballsachingly feeble.<br><br>So far, practically the ONLY witnesses for the prosecution are Ramzi Binalshibh and Sheik Khaled Mohammed. It's they who <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em> allegedly</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> gave damning testimony about the <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>alleged</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> hijackers, their plans, their preparation, who was leading them (Atta), who was their "best pilot" (Hani Hanjour!), etc., etc., etc.<br><br>The thing is: there is absolutely no way of verifying the veracity of this alleged testimony, or even of knowing whether they ever gave it. If they did, then the likelihood is astronomically high that it was tortured out of them. Binalshibh and the Sheik, if they're even still alive, have only recently been transferred to Guantanamo Bay after having spent years in secret CIA jails in some unspecified place or places abroad. <br><br>In no court of law anywhere in the Western world would such "evidence" be admitted. Indeed, it was deemed inadmissable during the (otherwise farcical) trial of Moussaoui in Hamburg, Germany. Requests were made by the German lawyers to interview one or both of the prisoners face-to-face or via secure video link; the request was turned down flat by the US authorities - <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>even though</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> those two <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>alleged</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> prisoners had <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>allegedly</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> also implicated Moussaoui in the plot. <br><br>That's just for a start. And the fact is that the entire Official Conspiracy Theory is built on this kind of unsubstantiated and unverifiable "evidence". It falls over as soon as you look at it.<br><br>So if we're still seriously hoping to bring the Bush Gang to justice, then the only chance is to insist - and KEEP insisting - that they finally substantiate their own grotesquely threadbare and implausible account.<br><br>THE BURDEN OF PROOF LIES WITH THE PROSECUTION - SO FORCE <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>THEM</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> TO MAKE <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>THEIR</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> CASE. <br><br>---------<br><br>(Apologies for the shouting block capitals; but five years on, this fruitless and childish obsession with explosions is really pissing me off. It's kindergarten stuff, and an absolute gift to the increasingly-desperate defenders of the OCT. See Cockburn's screed for the latest proof of how much they love it.) <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bismillah@rigorousintuition>Bismillah</A> at: 9/14/06 11:40 am<br></i>
Bismillah

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The burden of proof lies where?

Postby Gouda » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:17 pm

That Cockburn and Chomsky say they buy both the Warren and Kean Commission' s official prosecution-without-trial whitewash basically shows they have not even bothered to look at or into either. This, combined with their <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>ad hominem</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> attacks, does very little for their criticisms of 911 skeptic theories. It is pure dismissal. <br><br>That does not mean there is no good criticism due. And such critique can be healthy and should be welcome. There are very substantial criticisms of the approach of the so-called "911 truth movement" coming from other leftists, progressives and even fellow LIHOP/MIHOP-ers of good will and humility. Such are constructively critical, and more open to forming bases of unity of cause <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>against</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> those responsible for 911, Katrina, Iraq, Afghanistan, Secret torture, renditions, etc. These criticisms I think should be taken seriously. <br><br>I think some of the reasons many old lefties do not focus on 911, even if they agree that the government has made no case - even if they do not believe the official version (as Chomsky and Cockburn astoundingly seem to) - it is because they feel that politically, a 911 movement is little more than american-centric evangelizing that goes nowhere politically against the enemies of humanity; priorities are out of whack; our own responsibility for the <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>system</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> of abuse is transferred or projected; and it too easily feeds reactionary agendas. Etc. I can recognize these points, but I would also critique the establishment left on their tired old structuralist theories and ask them: what has their analysis and activism done to stop history from repeating, from reversing the accumulation of sadistic wealth and power? Aren't we missing something here in our understanding of the deeper political forces at work? I think a study of 911, JFK etc can inform leftist or progressive activism, compliment it, and inject it with some new life. 911 inquiry/activism and regular leftist study/activism need not be mutually exclusive. I also think that old lefties have some perspective to offer 911 conspiracy newbies regarding the larger world and the broader systemic rot. <br><br>Cockburn and Frank, however, counterproductively offer nothing with articles like that. <br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gouda@rigorousintuition>Gouda</A> at: 9/14/06 12:19 pm<br></i>
Gouda

Re: The burden of proof lies where?

Postby Infernal Optimist » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:38 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>1) The burden of proof lies with the prosecution. <br><br>2) "Conspiracy theorists" are under NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to provide an alternative account of what happened on 9/11.<br><br>Q. So how strong is the Bush Gang's case against the alleged hijackers? <br><br>A. Ballsachingly feeble.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Bismillah, I love you man. This is hilarious (in a dark comedy kind of way).<br><br>For conspiracy theorists you should put "skeptics of the govenment's theory." And we should start calling the government's theory the conspiracy theory (Muslim fundamentalists conspired to....) Spread that meme.<br><br>I just hope that enough evidence still exists to get to the bottom of things. Every night on the news it should be "Day 1830 and we still don't know the answers..." I mean we only invaded two nations, killed half a million people and spent a trillion bucks but we shouldn't actually have to prove anything, should we? <p></p><i></i>
Infernal Optimist

Re: ok well let's get started...

Postby pox americanus » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:39 pm

"Even if 9/11 was not a MIHOP or a LIHOP, but simply a colossal fuckup, there's enough evidence to convict the entire top tier of the current administration of criminal negligence on a massive scale. All the squabbling over minutiae is no doubt thrilling to them -- it keeps the energies of their critics from demanding consequences."<br><br>here here...hoorah!<br><br>"But how do we go about demanding consequences? " <br><br>the ant in the ear drives the elephant mad.<br><br>There's Bowman <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://bowman2006.com/issues_az.htm">bowman2006.com/issues_az.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <br>running for the house in Florida. He's won the democratic primary. of course he's former mil/indust, and running in FLORIDA but... also Clint Curtis, (can you believe he running) that's a debate worth watching, huh? though i don't have a good bead on him or the race. Brad blogs loaded.<br><br>here's is a shameless plug for Max Kaiser. His vision of global actionable protest is so simple it's profound. he's a resistor of the global corporate occupation. A class war has/is being waged upon us. We are at the dawning of a newer shinier feudalism. I live well because of it. So, most likely, do you.<br><br>ok<br><br>so how to fight the beast. fire with fire. deny it capital. it's lifeblood.<br><br>"I like to think there's no such thing as bad companies, just<br>conflicted ones that haven't had their social irresponsibility<br>monetised yet."<br>-max kaiser<br><br>boycott's are good but, alone they are relatively feeble, at least in terms of actual fiscal pain. what you can do though is capitalize on the craven, cannabalistic nature of the hedgefund market. if they smell blood in the water they're going in. Karmabanque is an online virtual market that helps to identify corporations particularly vulnerable to a global boycott that could likely induce hegdefund movement, puts, bets that the companys stock value will go down. if enough money is "put" the "wise" investor will rightly assume the hedge is onto somethin and get out, further weakening the companys stock. That would cause real, fiscal pain and hopefully would inspire the offender into re-evaluating it's policies and business practices. profit is the only motive. it is truly Amoral. the market is (unfortunately) reality. or policy follows price, all else follows. you don't change the company, you change the market conditions under which it is allowed to thrive. consequently it should evolve or die. (of course the "free" market is the biggest lie of the bunch, if it were truly free, many of these dinosaurs would have died the natural death they so richly deserve long ago, but, unFortunately they are still being propped up by "us!" you and me! through the means of government subsidies, tax break handouts, insider trading, access to unreasonably cheap capital, risk-less speculation, all the tools of the monopolists trade, honed to a razors edge over the last two centuries, etc., blah blah), rigged? uh, yeah.<br><br>anyways he and his partner in crime, Stacey, podcast daily here: <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://karmabanqueradio.com/">karmabanqueradio.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>and their show "the truth about markets" can be heard live in london every saturday night on Resonance 104 fm. you tube has some stuff as well...<br><br>educational and entertaining as all heck.<br><br>demand consequnces by denying them your money. <br><br>stop using your credit cards for gods sake.<br><br>get out of debt as soon as you possibly can (i'm in for awhile, educational loans, my plan of the y2k crash "servicing' that debt for me didn't quite work out as hoped)<br><br>(a few probably not so well thought out thoughts, off the top o my head)<br>-demand consequences by demanding that congress represent you<br>-end the recognition of a corporation as a legal "person"<br>-giving money to a politician is not "free speech". let em know you think so and you're watching.<br>-In all federal elections, demand (ok i'm gonna argue here against states rights) standardized voting procedures and uniform physical mechanisms that insure an accurate count and audit if needed. There must be a "reciept" Any discrepency beyond (+/- 6 percent?) between official results and the (statistically infallible, proven reliable beyond a doubt) exit polling, Automatically triggers a hand recount whether it is requested by the participants or not. All americorps volunteers and any student recieving federal aide in the form of scholarship and grants should be required to 'serve" in the election. i.e. polling staff, admin support, etc. remaining positions filled as needed. All positions held in this "Federal election staff" should be "official federal employees" vetted and paid part-time seasonal positions, subject to all rights and benefits, regulations and penalties of said. Expensive? Ha! who is it loves to say Freedom Isn't Free. I'm sure with a little (and i mean a little, as in any, bugetary responsibility, we could fund this with nary a pinch)<br>-responibility for the administration of and certification of all federal elections should be transferred to the IG and General Accounting Office. <br><br>demand consequences through the political mechanisms you can actually have a personal impact on. state legislatures. city councils, your various neighborhood organizations...which one? maybe the one You start. Doing what? uh, well how about once, twice, ect, a week you go out as a group, (you've got to know at least one person who would do this with you) regularly, at the same time, for the same duration. walk around your neighborhood with a gong or bell and ring it. (or something) ring it for ninehundred an eleven seconds or somethin, do it with regularity. like clockwork. Same day, same time. Eventually (maybe months) people's natural curiosity (and perhaps ire) may be aroused. When an inquiry is made, you then (having prepared literature, dvd's, cd's) inform them (calmly, rationally, respectfully) of what you are doing and why. Think of it as a mini parade, a vigil, a prayer, a protest, art, theatre, exercise, an opportunity to meet attractive like minded individuals of the opposite (or accommodating) sex... whatever, could be all those things and you may end up getting to know the folks around you a little better. Don't waste anyone's time arguing. You won't change anyone's mind and shouldn't aspire to. Just plant the seeds. Most folks know in their guts something has gone terribly wrong. Most folks are conditioned to distrust, tune out, most folks are too consumed with the very real struggles of the day to day but most folks are not cowards. Hell tptb love to say NEVER FORGET right? ok. We Won't. <br><br>All we want is a truly independent investigation, right? There is abundant evidence of a confict of interest as it relates to Executive/Editorial control of the 911 commission. <br><br>If the smell test of <br><br>"even the appearance alone of a conflict of interest should result in recussal..." <br><br>is reasonable, which it is, then how is it that this request for another investigation is paranoid, deluded, rash, ignorant, dangerous, disrespectful, opportunistic,... treasonous. <br><br>It's not too late but jeez it's gettin warm. The administration is now equivocating the saying of the above with the act of "providing sympathy and comfort to the enemy". gimme a break. seriously. <br><br>ok, thanks for the space. longwinded. sorry.<br><br>thanks gouda. great stuff, stay outta the honeypots, stick to facts. <br><br>speaking of ridiculous bushian rhetoric...this one sorta creeps me out: <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/12/AR2006091201594.html">"the third awakening"</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
pox americanus

Re: ok well let's get started...

Postby NewKid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:59 pm

Pan's right on getting the ball rolling; that's all they need to do. But let's also remember that one man's failure is another man's success, and not be overly pessimistic here -- the latest polling figures on how many people disbelieve the official version sent shockwaves through Washington. And all with little or no mainstream media exposure. (You also have to control for the problem that many people will never admit their true feelings on something like this to a pollster over the phone.) So I'm not sure how you actually measure the success. If it's by indictments or impeachment, well, then not very, but that's not very realistic, given the lack of any sort of democratic accountability in Washington.<br><br>As for Chomsky and Cockburn, we can only speculate. I still have not heard a compelling explanation of the whole "left gatekeeper" phenomenon. I can only say that it's virtually inconceivable to me that they actually believe the embarrassing nonsense that they continue to trot out in the guise of argument on major parapolitical events. <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Re: Conspiracy Types Lecture Regular Folks at Ground Zero

Postby Wolfmoon Lady » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:32 am

Good one, Gouda!<br><br>I've been so busy that I can't read all the separate threads/ posts about 9/11, but I have scanned a good many. I wanted to share this one from NY's Village Voice, a sad piece of trash that bears no resemblance to the excellent alternative weekly that I voraciously read during its heyday, the 60s and 70s. That was when The Voice employed real writers. (Anyone remember <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.jilljohnston.com/" target="top">Jill Johnston</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->?)<br><br>Anyroad, the comments under Ferguson's article <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>and her responses</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> are priceless. Look for a post by Loose Change's Jason Bermas calling her account "ridiculous" and pointing out the MSM's blackout of their actions that day.<br><br>Cheers, blessings, peace to all.<!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END--><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/powerplays/archives/002835.php" target="top">Conspiracy Types Lecture Regular Folks at Ground Zero</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>By Sarah Ferguson | September 12, 2006<br><br>The fifth anniversary of 9-11 brought more sorrow and anguish to New York, but also more questioning of the official narrative of the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. <br><br>Hundreds of 9-11 conspiracists paraded across the street from ground zero Monday with their brazen signs—"9-11 WAS A U.S. BLACK OP"—during the solemn reading of the names of the 2,749 who perished in the twin towers. A surprising many people stopped to listen and seriously consider the "proof" offered by members of the so-called 9-11 truth movement, who spent the day lecturing people about how the towers were felled by explosives. (See the photo slideshow here.) <br><br>"Well, I do have questions," remarked one woman who came by on her lunch hour. "Like how were these hijackers who could barely fly a Cessna supposed to have piloted big planes into these buildings?" <br><br>A manic guy with bleach-blond hair seized on that to launch a rant about the maximum flame temperature of jet fuel and the physics of molten steel, dismissing recent efforts by the U.S. State Department and the National Institute of Standards and Technology to counter such rampant, freeform "expertise" as yet more "propaganda." <br><br>"Idiots!" shrieked a man overhearing him. "You guys probably believe Elvis is still alive." <br><br>But if people have doubts about what happened, it shouldn’t be surprising considering the lengths the Bush administration has gone to manipulate 9-11 and distort pre-war intelligence to justify the war in Iraq. And when people needed clear information about the air quality downtown, the feds instead gave them false assurances. <br><br>If truth is the first casualty of war, the Bush administration committed a massacre. A startling 36 percent of Americans now believe the Bush administration either perpetrated the attacks or failed to stop them because it wanted to go to war in the Middle East. <br><br>Forty-two percent of Americans believe the U.S. government and 9-11 commission are in some way covering up the truth of 9-11, according to a Zogby poll in May. <br><br>Particularly egregious is that the Republican co-chair of the 9-11 Commission, Thomas Kean, agreed to be a paid advisor to ABC’s myth-making docudrama "The Path to 9-11," which was scripted by conservatives, and which aired last night amid frequent references to its containing "composite" characters and incidents, and "time compression . . . used for dramatic purposes." <br><br>If the person charged with investigating the "truth" of 9-11 lends his name to a partisan, fictionalized version, what are people supposed to believe? <br><br>Now the conspiracy crowd is using the missing WMDS and numerous other omissions and distortions pushed by the Bush administration to justify all sorts of crackpot theories. <br><br> "Go and research it, find out the truth, 9-11 was an inside job!" syndicated radio host Alex Jones bellowed from a bullhorn during a 2 p.m. rally across the street from ground zero that drew more than 300 people. <br><br>With his folksy baritone and evident love of the spotlight, Jones is the conspiracy left's version of Rush Limbaugh. "The U.S. is being looted by the globalists," he shouted from inside the protest pen, as police commanders grimaced. "They needed the terrorist attacks to get the people behind their agenda. I wish it wasn’t true, that it was just a conspiracy theory. Because it's scary as hell, but it’s the truth. This country is too great to be taken over by a bunch of murderous thugs." <br><br>After about an hour, Jones led the crowd on a march to New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer’s office to lambaste him for supposedly refusing to investigate why the rubble and remains of the World Trade Center were so hastily carted away. <br><br>"The sleeping giant has arisen—we won’t be silenced," declared Jones. He went on to explain to the media how the decision to stage a new Pearl Harbor on 9-11 was made not by Dick Cheney and the neocons, but was dictated from on high by David Rockefeller, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, Queen Elizabeth of England, and the other financiers of the secretive Bilderberg Group that controls world resources from behind the scenes. <br><br>Back at ground zero, the mood had shifted from a solemn ritual to something more akin to a street fair. Evangelicals preaching Armageddon competed with a string quartet, a Japanese Kabuki dancer, and a rally for the "forgotten" undocumented workers who died during the WTC attacks or were sickened cleaning contaminated office buildings. There was even a group lobbying to "free Pakistan." <br><br>It was all too much for Craig Laitta, a contractor from the Upper West side who balked at a born-again Christian woman bearing a sign proclaiming her support for President Bush. <br><br>"I have a personal memory here, at this spot, and you just destroyed it," said Laitta, who lost a friend on 9-11 and helped clear rubble from the pile. "You don’t go to a funeral and make political statements." <br><br>Later, a guy in an FDNY cap nearly punched an anti-war activist parading though the crowds of mourners and onlookers with a neon green sign that shrieked "LIARS!" <br><br>But overall, there seemed more willingness from grieving New Yorkers to tolerate dissent, either because people have grown more used to it, or because the "truth" of 9-11 has never seemed more muddied. <br><br>"Everyone is coming out with their own investigations, their own documentaries. At this point, I don’t know what to believe," sighed Claudette, a Jamaican woman from the Bronx who declined to give her last name. <br><br>"It took me five years to come here and stand here. That’s how hurt I am," added Claudette, an insurance claims adjuster who works less than a block away, and who said she lost friends in the collapse. <br><br>Claudette wasn't troubled by the political sniping around her as she stared up at the twin columns of light projected into the night sky during Monday's closing ceremony. "I worked down here for 18 years. This is where I used to shop. Here will always be my towers. I’m still imagining my towers," she said, her eyes glistening. <br><br><!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END--><br><br>Comments follow - go <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/powerplays/archives/002835.php" target="top">here</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> to read them. <p></p><i></i>
Wolfmoon Lady

Postby FourthBase » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:29 am

The VV was the only major publication to take Paul Thompson seriously, so they're better than this. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

good god, he's printed ANOTHER one.

Postby darkbeforedawn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:22 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.counterpunch.org/johnstone09152006.html">www.counterpunch.org/john...52006.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>He is starting to think like Bushco--just say it over and over again and it will be true... <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:54 pm

This is the problem with Alex Jones running out front with the 9/11 truth flag. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">You lose people when you say 'the Queen dunnit.'</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--></strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> That is, if the portrayal of what Jones "explained to the media" is accurate below.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>After about an hour, Jones led the crowd on a march to New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer’s office to lambaste him for supposedly refusing to investigate why the rubble and remains of the World Trade Center were so hastily carted away.<br><br>"The sleeping giant has arisen—we won’t be silenced," declared Jones. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>He went on to explain to the media how the decision to stage a new Pearl Harbor on 9-11 was made not by Dick Cheney and the neocons, but was dictated from on high by David Rockefeller, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, Queen Elizabeth of England, and the other financiers of the secretive Bilderberg Group that controls world resources from behind the scenes.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Qutb » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:40 pm

Jones is actually madder than I thought. <p></p><i></i>
Qutb

Re: The 9/11 Conspiracy Nuts - Alex Cockburn

Postby isobel » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:11 pm

I'm so happy to see this subject up for discussion I got posting from Portside and was interested most of all in the <br>following absract --<br><br>"One notorious "deductive" leap involves flight 77,<br>which on 9/11 ended up crashing into the Pentagon.<br>There are photos of the impact of the "object" -- i.e.,<br>the Boeing 757, flight 77 -- that seem to show the sort<br>of hole a missile might make. Ergo, the nuts assert, it<br>WAS a missile and a 757 didn't hit the Pentagon. As<br>regards the hole, my brother Andrew -- writing a book<br>about Rumsfeld and the DoD during his tenure -- has<br>seen photos taken within 30 minutes of Pentagon impact<br>clearly showing outline of entire plane including<br>wings. This was visible momentarily when the smoke blew away"<br> <br>"Really!"<br><br>Then the plane just "blew away" with the smoke I suppose!<br> <br>Well! I would like to see that picture and so would the rest <br>of the world -- <br><br>What kind of picture was it? <br>Who took it?<br>From what vantage point? <br>Who showed it to his brother?<br>Who has it now?<br><br>Anyone else for tennis? I would like an explaination of this statement.<br><br>What picture.Of what plane.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/flash.htm">www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/flash.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
isobel

Postby isachar » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:20 pm

oh cripes, not more of this no-planer garbage. Can someone please delete this disinfo crap?<br><br>grow up, please!<br><br>tia. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=isachar>isachar</A> at: 9/15/06 6:22 pm<br></i>
isachar

Postby darkbeforedawn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:34 pm

Hey man, don't feed the trolls. They just come back for more <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Postby Qutb » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:37 am

I've never read much of Cockburn's writings, and I've been skeptical of Counterpunch, but this article was very good. This is beautifully put:<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"It’s the same pattern with the 9/11 nuts, who proffer what they demurely call “disturbing questions”, though they disdain all answers but their own. They seize on coincidences and force them into sequences they deem to be logical and significant. Like mad Inquisitors, they pounce on imagined clues in documents and photos, torturing the data –- as the old joke goes about economists -- till the data confess. Their treatment of eyewitness testimony and forensic evidence is whimsical. Apparent anomalies that seem to nourish their theories are brandished excitedly; testimony that undermines their theories – like witnesses of a large plane hitting the Pentagon -- is contemptuously brushed aside."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i></i>
Qutb

PreviousNext

Return to 9/11